Interior scratches easily from a dog?!?!?

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Weathertech makes a door protector specifically for this. I have them and they work great. I did have a few light scratches and armor all'd them and they went away. Maybe that will help.
I have the Weathertech door protectors too and they work great with my dogs.

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
One of my doors has also gotten scratched by my dog, so I decided to get the door covers to try and fix the problem. However, the way those stay in place are are by Velcro that you have to attach to the door and/or inserting the plastic flaps in between the window and door. I decided to not do the velcro because I didn’t want the back of one side of the velcro strips stuck to the door permanently. However, when I used the plastic flaps, when trying to roll the window up and down, it scratched the tint ???. I’m not sure what the solution is here.
Scratched the tint on the Bronco window? Been using the Weathertech versions since I got it in January and no scratching. Can you give a little more clarity?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
They stick heads out the window but for the most part I trained them to keep their feet on the seat or floor. For the most part I usually drop the seats and throw a blanket down. Then they have a better vantage point to prevent that. There's no need for the dog to be in a compromised position if they can better sturdy themselves with the feet off the door in the first place.
I put the rear seats down the day I brought my BS home and they won’t come up until a human needs to sit in them. My dogs are smart enough to lay down when we’re moving (they know how I drive :) ) but try to make two labs keep 4 paws on the floor when someone walks up to window saying “Oh look at these cuties”. It ain’t gonna happen.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Sad to think that Ford materials engineers weren't thinking (or perhaps even consulted) when the designers/engineers chose the polymer for the inside doors as well as the exterior black piano trim for a vehicle with a "tough" image and "rougher" multipurpose use. The polymer chosen for my 14 year old Jeep Liberty is durable has held up well to two dogs over the years, swamp mud, bags of decoys, canoe and kayak paddles, dog crates, fishing buckets, nets, etc. and cleans up well. When (and if) I ever get my BS, it seems like I will have to treat it like a delicate rose which is disappointing.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I'm pretty sure the Bronco Sport was not made for dogs , so adding that factor is on anyone that adds it . It also was not made for construction equipment bouncing around inside . My Dogs have scratched up the door rests in the back on every truck I have owned & the big Boxer's just love to stick half their bodies out the half open windows .

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I'm pretty sure the Bronco Sport was not made for dogs
From Ford web site. I think it is safe to assume a lot of people want to take their dogs on "adventures":

Ford Bronco Sport Interior scratches easily from a dog?!?!? Bronco Sport With Do

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
That's hysterical if the whole back is filled with bikes and gear how'd the dog get there.
Big dog sat on front passengers lap? Who knows?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Come on, not to a remote location... They have cross bars why not roof mount? It's a staged photo for advertising
Ford marketing. I guess they didn't quite think that picture through very well.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Staged photo op? You can't do anything today without someone taking a picture of it... and besides, I think that dog is a stray. :cwl:
Looks like dog has a leash around its neck. Maybe it is someone else's dog just stopping over to say hi? Cause it couldn't have fit in that BS with those bikes in the back?

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Looks like dog has a leash around its neck. Maybe it is someone else's dog just stopping over to say hi? Cause it couldn't have fit in that BS with those bikes in the back?

No , the dog runs behind the BS , the leash is tied to the bumper , because the owner doesn't want scratches on the Interior . LOL

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
No , the dog runs behind the BS , the leash is tied to the bumper , because the owner doesn't want scratches on the Interior . LOL
Maybe they had some kind of dog cage attachment that slides into trailer hitch? That way bikes can stay inside and dog kept out so interior don't scratch?

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Maybe they had some kind of dog cage attachment that slides into trailer hitch? That way bikes can stay inside and dog kept out so interior don't scratch?
Sounds like something Mitt Romney would do.
please excuse the politics . Please do not put your dogs or political dogs on the roof of your vehicle.
???

Ford Bronco Sport Interior scratches easily from a dog?!?!? 020BA1B2-7AE9-4417-8B3D-2E4F5D6736AE
Sponsored

Last edited: