Interior scratches easily from a dog?!?!?

Powerz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Sick to my stomach right now. After owning my new Bronco Sport OB for 3 DAYS I couldn't wait to go for a drive with my dog. Like always he sticks his head out the window. When I get home my BRAND NEW doors are damaged by my dog!!!

Somebody, please tell me if I'm at fault and shouldn't have allowed my dog to stick his head out the window. If this was dumb by me then I'll own it. But I can't help but think how do you make an off-road vehicle that can't withstand a dog's paws? He just visited the groomer and had his nails filed the previous week. I seriously can't even... Frustrated beyond belief.

Ford Bronco Sport Interior scratches easily from a dog?!?!? 185667280_1517647785072190_7471041852680364943_n
Ford Bronco Sport Interior scratches easily from a dog?!?!? 189144527_537761167388797_3825889465024841319_n
Honestly I just put mine in the trunk area now, Both dog beds fit then I just set up a barrier between the top of the back seats and the trunk. Also to add, the back seat covers/rubberized back if you had them added then the back wipes off really easily and the solid plastic scratches are easily removable if you don’t have it all covered.
Sponsored

Kperry62

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I love my two labs but I learned from experience when their paws punctured the center console on my previously owned car.

With my Bronco Sport, they are in the very back. I am taking no chances. I ordered the crate from Ford accessories but I haven’t received it yet.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I love my two labs but I learned from experience when their paws punctured the center console on my previously owned car.

With my Bronco Sport, they are in the very back. I am taking no chances. I ordered the crate from Ford accessories but I haven’t received it yet.
I keep a hand towel on the floor right behind the console. When my labs join me I cover the console with the towel, pinching the edges under the console cover. It doesn't latch with the towel on it but the towel doesn't slide with two or four dog paws on it so it's all good.

ChupaKobra

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
My entire rear cargo area siding is scratched and ripped up from the dog, trips to Lowe’s, etc. seems like it’s just a cheap, blue styrofoam that is lining the left and right wheel wells and it rips/scratches very easily.

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Could be worse. My dog chewed through my seat belts in my Flex. I even had to replace one completely including the mechanism. You can see that I have some still wrapped. He doesn't chew them anymore. When you have a dog, whatever the dog rides in becomes a dog car.

Ford Bronco Sport Interior scratches easily from a dog?!?!? IMG_20210226_173909

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Could be worse. My dog chewed through my seat belts in my Flex. I even had to replace one completely including the mechanism. You can see that I have some still wrapped. He doesn't chew them anymore. When you have a dog, whatever the dog rides in becomes a dog car.

Ford Bronco Sport Interior scratches easily from a dog?!?!? IMG_20210226_173909
Ridin' in Style !!

MRR22

Outer Banks
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Scratched the tint on the Bronco window? Been using the Weathertech versions since I got it in January and no scratching. Can you give a little more clarity?
The brand I had was not weather tech

Traderdough

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Sick to my stomach right now. After owning my new Bronco Sport OB for 3 DAYS I couldn't wait to go for a drive with my dog. Like always he sticks his head out the window. When I get home my BRAND NEW doors are damaged by my dog!!!

Somebody, please tell me if I'm at fault and shouldn't have allowed my dog to stick his head out the window. If this was dumb by me then I'll own it. But I can't help but think how do you make an off-road vehicle that can't withstand a dog's paws? He just visited the groomer and had his nails filed the previous week. I seriously can't even... Frustrated beyond belief.

Ford Bronco Sport Interior scratches easily from a dog?!?!? 185667280_1517647785072190_7471041852680364943_n
Ford Bronco Sport Interior scratches easily from a dog?!?!? 189144527_537761167388797_3825889465024841319_n
I just bought a bronco sport last week, had my little Bichons in the back who get groomed/nails trimmed on a monthly basis and same thing. Interior is all scratch up in the back. Also my dogs don’t stick head out window but like to just look out it when parked. Interior is scratched and looks like shit now and that was after 1 30 min ride. I use to own an AUDI Q3 and wanted 4WD and something that actually looked different than egg shaped so I went for this car. My Audi interior never scratched in the 4 years I owned it. This is a big let down. I agree if this car is for off roading and rough use, the materials used doesn’t seem like it will hold that. I’m pretty disappointed. Also, the front doors use nicer material and the back they went cheap… another thing that is very confusing. Most people put their dogs, kids, and store/move things in the back. Who designed this?

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I just bought a bronco sport last week, had my little Bichons in the back who get groomed/nails trimmed on a monthly basis and same thing. Interior is all scratch up in the back. Also my dogs don’t stick head out window but like to just look out it when parked. Interior is scratched and looks like shit now and that was after 1 30 min ride. I use to own an AUDI Q3 and wanted 4WD and something that actually looked different than egg shaped so I went for this car. My Audi interior never scratched in the 4 years I owned it. This is a big let down. I agree if this car is for off roading and rough use, the materials used doesn’t seem like it will hold that. I’m pretty disappointed. Also, the front doors use nicer material and the back they went cheap… another thing that is very confusing. Most people put their dogs, kids, and store/move things in the back. Who designed this?
Audi makes suvs too. And the base price of almost any Audi is thousands more then the sport so it makes sense that they may use stronger materials. Plus they’re awd System is boss.

No Audi models offer 4WD; instead, nearly every model comes available with--or standard with--quattro all-wheel drive, one of the industry's most advanced and most intelligent AWD systems.
https://www.audinorthlake.com/blog/2017/february/2/is-the-audi-q7-an-all-wheel-drive-or-four-wheel-drive-suv.htm

CaptainCrud

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

I will be going this route as well. I wish I had a picture of my old car to share, but the plastic panels of the back doors looked like I was transporting an angry wolverine on a regular basis; like seriously so bad. If you let a dog have free reign of the back seat - and they aren't a perfectly behaved angel - I think this is probably unavoidable without some kind of protection/precaution. Mine is a wild maniac. I love him to death, but he's not tearing apart my new car.

Traderdough

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Audi makes suvs too. And the base price of almost any Audi is thousands more then the sport so it makes sense that they may use stronger materials. Plus they’re awd System is boss.

No Audi models offer 4WD; instead, nearly every model comes available with--or standard with--quattro all-wheel drive, one of the industry's most advanced and most intelligent AWD systems.
https://www.audinorthlake.com/blog/2017/february/2/is-the-audi-q7-an-all-wheel-drive-or-four-wheel-drive-suv.htm
Honestly, I love Audi and will most likely get back to buying one again. I just wish they would innovate the exterior look. All of them look the same now except the electric one