Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just finished an hour ago. I picked it over the thinkware because the Blackvue has better cloud capabilities to take advantage fo the Broncos WiFi hotspot.

Install went well. Camera looks good.
@Butterworm where did you run the wire for the rear cam? Was it through the round grommet or the larger rectangular one?
Sponsored

FredE

Outer Banks
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks for all of this information. I am also installing a dash cam on my 2021 Bronco Sport and had the same problems trying to get to the passenger compartment fuse panel. The owner's manual doesn't say how. This helped a lot.

Reactions: ZQ8

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I just finished installing dash cams on my Badlands and the biggest problem I had was accessing the interior fuse block. Since a lot of us are going to install electronics or like me also want to access the fuses in case of problems, I thought I share how to get at the fuse block.
I didn't find directions to get at the panel so I winged it and ended up nearly cutting a wire in a wire bundle in the process. Luckily no smoke or problems.

The fuse block is in the back of the passenger footwell below the glove compartment and behind a panel with a fuse imprint on it.
Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. Fuse

I first tried just pulling out this panel. Unfortunately it's attached to the panel above so it wouldn't come out. I then tried to put it back in place but it wouldn't clamp back in by pressing on it. While I was pressing on the panel I later learned a panel mounting clip was pressing against a wire loom and was cutting a wire.

I finally realized I had to remove the upper panel to see what was wrong. I could see there was a plastic panel rivet on either side of the upper panel so I pried them out with a small pry bar.

Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. Panel Fastener

Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. Pry Fastener loose

Panel pulled down revealing plastic rivets and panel clip.
Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. InkedPanel pulled down_LI

Both panels are connected by two tabs (circled in blue). The rear panel is held to the fuse block by 3 panel clips (yellow arrows). Both panels were then removed by pulling back on the upper panel and rear panel at roughly the same time.
Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. Panels removed

Fuse block exposed. Yellow circles are the slots the rear panel clips go into. The bundle of wires below the
right slot (now taped up) is the one that was cut when I attempted to put panel back in place.

As a side note I used the silver fuse block mounting nut at the bottom left of panel as a ground for the cameras USB power adapter and it worked fine.

Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. Fuse panel

To replace panels I started with the rear panel and guided the clips back into the mounting slots. It was much easier to position this panel into place without the. upper panel getting in the way.
Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. Rear panel installed

I next guided the two tabs on the upper panel into the rear panels mounting slots.
Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. Upper panel installed

To finish just push up on panel rivets and tabs until they lock.

These directions might seem like overkill to some but this is the first vehicle I've had without an easily accessible fuse panel or directions to get at it. I'm glad I didn't have to figure it out in the middle of a rainstorm or blizzard on the side of the road because of an electrical problem .
Are any of the fuses live full time or does it switch off with the engine ? Asking because I like using parking mode w/ my dash cams .

OP
OP
Ultraspaz

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Are any of the fuses live full time or does it switch off with the engine ? Asking because I like using parking mode w/ my dash cams .
I didn't connect parking mode yet so I haven't checked for an always on circuit. I'm adding a few more accessories starting tomorrow. I'll post if find a constant on fuse. It will give me an excuse to hook up the mode finally.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I didn't connect parking mode yet so I haven't checked for an always on circuit. I'm adding a few more accessories starting tomorrow. I'll post if find a constant on fuse. It will give me an excuse to hook up the mode finally.
I had mine done by a car wiring pro ( he does remote starters, lighting , and dash cams ) he wired mine to an always live cable he found under the drivers seat.

OP
OP
Ultraspaz

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had mine done by a car wiring pro ( he does remote starters, lighting , and dash cams ) he wired mine to an always live cable he found under the drivers seat.
Thanks for the tip. I assume it was the power for the seats adjustment motors.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Any chance you could get a close up pic of the wiring? I know it would be tough due to location.

My wife does not drive daily so I bought a separate battery for the dash cam to extend parking mode. It charges through the cigarette lighter but can also be hardwired - which is what I need to do next. Battery is tucked away in the glove box, there's a tab on each side of the glove box you can run wires through. One cool feature is that it connects to your phone via bluetooth so you can see charging status and other stats.

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/products/blackboxmycar-bi750-battery

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Any chance you could get a close up pic of the wiring? I know it would be tough due to location.

My wife does not drive daily so I bought a separate battery for the dash cam to extend parking mode. It charges through the cigarette lighter but can also be hardwired - which is what I need to do next. Battery is tucked away in the glove box, there's a tab on each side of the glove box you can run wires through. One cool feature is that it connects to your phone via bluetooth so you can see charging status and other stats.

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/products/blackboxmycar-bi750-battery
I was not the one that did the work. I will have a look . I think it was more of under the drivers feet than under the seat. If I can find it I will share a picture

FredE

Outer Banks
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ultraspaz - I have a question about the fuse you selected to tap into (Fuse 3). When I pull out Fuse 3 and check voltage-to-ground from either pin in the fuse box that the fuze would normally plug into, I see no voltage. I've checked with the vehicle off, the vehicle in accessory mode only, and the vehicle running, and see no voltage at the fuse 3 pins anytime. Am I doing something wrong? Or, is it possible that an "unused fuse" in the panel has no wiring to it? But it must have if it worked for you. Also, I did check voltage on the larger red and green wires feeding the fuse panel and the red is 12V and the green is ground (or near-ground with small resistance). Please help. Thanks.

OP
OP
Ultraspaz

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ultraspaz - I have a question about the fuse you selected to tap into (Fuse 3). When I pull out Fuse 3 and check voltage-to-ground from either pin in the fuse box that the fuze would normally plug into, I see no voltage. I've checked with the vehicle off, the vehicle in accessory mode only, and the vehicle running, and see no voltage at the fuse 3 pins anytime. Am I doing something wrong? Or, is it possible that an "unused fuse" in the panel has no wiring to it? But it must have if it worked for you. Also, I did check voltage on the larger red and green wires feeding the fuse panel and the red is 12V and the green is ground (or near-ground with small resistance). Please help. Thanks.
I wonder if there could be a difference in circuits between models. Mine is a Badlands + Badlands in case there is a difference.

My dash cam comes on every time I turn on the ignition and off when I turn the vehicle off so I don't know what else it could be. Are you using a multimeter for testing? I noticed it was a pain to test the fuse slots themselves due to the size of my probe. Instead I put my Neg. probe on a ground and used the small contacts points on the top of the fuse themselves. There are a couple of switched micro-3 switches also but I didn't use them because I had the micro-2 adapters. Wish I could help more.

OP
OP
Ultraspaz

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I could tell most of the fuses are constant on. I'm going to be using fuse slot 24 because its an unused 20 amp fuse that's always on. Also it's relatively easy to get at. If nothing else you could tap the heavier gauge red wire at the bottom of the fuse panel.

FredE

Outer Banks
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thank you. I finally figured out that the problem was my difficulty probing the tiny & recessed pins in the fuse panel, and was able to find switched 12v at the lower pin of fuse position #3.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Fuse 3 has an issue where when the auto stop kicks in at a traffic light, it cuts power to the circuit to the dashcam....it does resume and my camera powers back on when the engine re-engages.
I need to find a different fuse to tap.
I am an Outer Banks trim
Sponsored

Last edited: