Interior Fuse Block Access.

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I just finished installing dash cams on my Badlands and the biggest problem I had was accessing the interior fuse block. Since a lot of us are going to install electronics or like me also want to access the fuses in case of problems, I thought I share how to get at the fuse block.
I didn't find directions to get at the panel so I winged it and ended up nearly cutting a wire in a wire bundle in the process. Luckily no smoke or problems.

The fuse block is in the back of the passenger footwell below the glove compartment and behind a panel with a fuse imprint on it.
Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. Fuse

I first tried just pulling out this panel. Unfortunately it's attached to the panel above so it wouldn't come out. I then tried to put it back in place but it wouldn't clamp back in by pressing on it. While I was pressing on the panel I later learned a panel mounting clip was pressing against a wire loom and was cutting a wire.

I finally realized I had to remove the upper panel to see what was wrong. I could see there was a plastic panel rivet on either side of the upper panel so I pried them out with a small pry bar.

Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. Panel Fastener

Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. Pry Fastener loose

Panel pulled down revealing plastic rivets and panel clip.
Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. InkedPanel pulled down_LI

Both panels are connected by two tabs (circled in blue). The rear panel is held to the fuse block by 3 panel clips (yellow arrows). Both panels were then removed by pulling back on the upper panel and rear panel at roughly the same time.
Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. Panels removed

Fuse block exposed. Yellow circles are the slots the rear panel clips go into. The bundle of wires below the
right slot (now taped up) is the one that was cut when I attempted to put panel back in place.

As a side note I used the silver fuse block mounting nut at the bottom left of panel as a ground for the cameras USB power adapter and it worked fine.

Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. Fuse panel

To replace panels I started with the rear panel and guided the clips back into the mounting slots. It was much easier to position this panel into place without the. upper panel getting in the way.
Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. Rear panel installed

I next guided the two tabs on the upper panel into the rear panels mounting slots.
Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. Upper panel installed

To finish just push up on panel rivets and tabs until they lock.

These directions might seem like overkill to some but this is the first vehicle I've had without an easily accessible fuse panel or directions to get at it. I'm glad I didn't have to figure it out in the middle of a rainstorm or blizzard on the side of the road because of an electrical problem .
Sponsored

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
I just finished installing dash cams on my Badlands and the biggest problem I had was accessing the interior fuse block. Since a lot of us are going to install electronics or like me also want to access the fuses in case of problems, I thought I share how to get at the fuse block.
I didn't find directions to get at the panel so I winged it and ended up nearly cutting a wire in a wire bundle in the process. Luckily no smoke or problems.

The fuse block is in the back of the passenger footwell below the glove compartment and behind a panel with a fuse imprint on it.

I first tried just pulling out this panel. Unfortunately it's attached to the panel above so it wouldn't come out. I then tried to put it back in place but it wouldn't clamp back in by pressing on it. While I was pressing on the panel I later learned a panel mounting clip was pressing against a wire loom and was cutting a wire.

I finally realized I had to remove the upper panel to see what was wrong. I could see there was a plastic panel rivet on either side of the upper panel so I pried them out with a small pry bar.

Both panels are connected by two tabs (circled in blue). The rear panel is held to the fuse block by 3 panel clips (yellow arrows). Both panels were then removed by pulling back on the upper panel and rear panel at roughly the same time.

Fuse block exposed. Yellow circles are the slots the rear panel clips go into. The bundle of wires below the
right slot (now taped up) is the one that was cut when I attempted to put panel back in place.

As a side note I used the silver fuse block mounting nut at the bottom left of panel as a ground for the cameras USB power adapter and it worked fine.

To replace panels I started with the rear panel and guided the clips back into the mounting slots. It was much easier to position this panel into place without the. upper panel getting in the way.

I next guided the two tabs on the upper panel into the rear panels mounting slots.

These directions might seem like overkill to some but this is the first vehicle I've had without an easily accessible fuse panel or directions to get at it. I'm glad I didn't have to figure it out in the middle of a rainstorm or blizzard on the side of the road because of an electrical problem .
To say the fuse position is awkward is definitely an understatement. I had same issues looking for default 5 digit code to set door locks. I wasn't brave enough to pull off the top panel, but see how you did it. Without removing the top panel like you did there is no way to actually get to the fuses because the lower panel does not flip up enough. Resetting the lower cover panel without hitting the wires is difficult because you can't see them and wire routing comes cross the panel connectors. Looking at the cover panel it's pretty clear hosing out the rubber floor could have some interesting electrical consequences. By the way page 67 of the manual on how to start car if key fob battery is dead in totally incorrect. Where you put the key fob is NOT in the arm rest. It is in the tray just below the AC Max button to the right of of the phone charging pad. Put key fob facing forward and buttons up. Another thing you don't want to try to figure out stranded in the middle of now where with an incorrect manual description. Note to Ford - proof read the manual while you are sitting in the car !

OP
OP
Ultraspaz

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To say the fuse position is awkward is definitely an understatement. I had same issues looking for default 5 digit code to set door locks. I wasn't brave enough to pull off the top panel, but see how you did it. Without removing the top panel like you did there is no way to actually get to the fuses because the lower panel does not flip up enough. Resetting the lower cover panel without hitting the wires is difficult because you can't see them and wire routing comes cross the panel connectors. Looking at the cover panel it's pretty clear hosing out the rubber floor could have some interesting electrical consequences. By the way page 67 of the manual on how to start car if key fob battery is dead in totally incorrect. Where you put the key fob is NOT in the arm rest. It is in the tray just below the AC Max button to the right of of the phone charging pad. Put key fob facing forward and buttons up. Another thing you don't want to try to figure out stranded in the middle of now where with an incorrect manual description. Note to Ford - proof read the manual while you are sitting in the car !
I agree, hosing out the salt or mud is going to be more of a "wash gently with a clean cloth "task now that I've seen how it's put together. Unless I put some silicon sealant between the back panel and rubber floor liner, splashing is probably going to get the firewall wet. Also did you notice how cheap the floor lining material is? I think contractor grade garbage bags would be thicker.

Thanks for the heads up on the key fob. Good to know if the fob battery goes dead. My dealer told me to put fob in the armrest in an emergency also.

As far a door access code the dealer gave me a card with the factory access code during my familiarization at pick up. If he/she didn't give you that code card I 'd ask why they didn't. With every Ford I've owned I was given a factory code card.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
@Ultraspaz thanks for posting the pics. I need to install a dash cam and this will be super helpful. You didn't happen to find the fuse that powers the "fake" engine noise (Sport mode) through the stereo speakers, did you? :crazy:

Butterworm

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Did you install your own fuse or did the Brocno have spares available? What size did you go with for the forward cam?

OP
OP
Ultraspaz

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
According to the Owners manual (Page 265) there are several unused fuse positions in the fuse block. I used fuse slot number 3 which has a 10 amp Micro-2 fuse installed and is switched on/off with the accessories/ignition.

Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. fuse Diagram

I used a Micro-2 fuse tap from Amazon (But available at any Auto supply store) and an inline 12 volt to 5 volt Mini USB converter to match my cameras power input.

There are both Micro-3 and Micro-2 fuses in this block so make sure you buy the tap for the type of fuse your using.

The Fuse tap has two slots for fuses. One is for the original fuse (10 amps in this case) to protect the circuit it was intended for. The second is the fuse for the accessory your installing. I'm using a 5 amp. I used a continuity tester to determine which slot was for which fuse.

Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. images

The yellow box in photo below is the tap installed in my Fuse block the red wire is the power lead going to my USB converter.

The Blue oval wires are I believe the power to the fuse block I don't have a schematic so I'm just guessing. I didn't check for voltage on these two wires with the ignition off. If someone does check and there is voltage present with the ignition/accessory off I'm guessing some of the fuse positions will have continuous voltage. You would want to use one of these positions if you want your camera on all the time for Parking Mode. If you decide to do that you'll want to buy a voltage converter/fuse tap with a low voltage cutoff so you don't kill you battery.

Like this : Amazon

I've turned the orientation of the diagram by 90 degrees to match the Owners Manual diagram which is why the top of the diagram is actually the left side of the panel.

Drivers Side
Ford Bronco Sport Interior Fuse Block Access. fuse layout

Passenger Side

OP
OP
Ultraspaz

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you install your own fuse or did the Brocno have spares available? What size did you go with for the forward cam?
The slot I picked had a 10 amp fuse but I used a 5 amp. I added some detailed directions for adding a fuse tap for anyone who hasn't done this before.

OP
OP
Ultraspaz

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Ultraspaz thanks again for posting these details. In addition to a dash cam I need to hardwire my radar detector.
Your welcome. I hope I can help prevent smoky mistakes . I'm unfortunately an accessory addict so I've done this too many times.

My motorcycle has 8 USB and 3 - 12 volt taps for crap (accessories) for my cross country rides.

I'm trying to get help.

Butterworm

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The slot I picked had a 10 amp fuse but I used a 5 amp. I added some detailed directions for adding a fuse tap for anyone who hasn't done this before.
Thanks! I just ordered my Blackvue DR900x dual channel camera. Hoping one of those micro2 fuses is constant power as I want to try out parking mode. The camera has built in low voltage cut off which is nice.

OP
OP
Ultraspaz

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I just ordered my Blackvue DR900x dual channel camera. Hoping one of those micro2 fuses is constant power as I want to try out parking mode. The camera has built in low voltage cut off which is nice.

I've never used one but there is a universal mirror to USB adapter that might work for your camera also.

Example: Adapter .

It taps into the power supply in a mirror or most likely in our case the dome lights constant power supply. It would take a little work and time to find the 12 volt source in the overhead console but it is a possibility. It would also make for a fairly clean installation without running wires to the fuse block.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
@Butterworm did you install the 900x yet? If so, how do you like it? I'm considering the 900x or the Thinkware U1000.

Butterworm

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Butterworm did you install the 900x yet? If so, how do you like it? I'm considering the 900x or the Thinkware U1000.
Just finished an hour ago. I picked it over the thinkware because the Blackvue has better cloud capabilities to take advantage fo the Broncos WiFi hotspot.

Install went well. Camera looks good.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Thanks for this!!! It will come in handy to hardwire my dashcam. I have it similarly hardwired in my Escape already and will have to redo it for the Sport when I get delivery this week!
Sponsored