CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
So, on March 3rd, my Bronco Sport warned me that my speed sign camera wasn’t working (it was) and my lane cantering suddenly stopped working. Lane departure warning was functional. Called dealership and booked an appointment for today. The BS was fine in the intervening period except for the lane centering. 5 ½ hours later, they return my keys, say all is well and send me on my way. Get on the highway and things are exactly the same. No lane centering. I go back. The technician that worked on my vehicle looks gobsmacked. We chat. He hooks up his laptop again. No errors. No warnings. He’s got nothing. My salesman comes out to talk to him. I go back to the lounge and a few minutes later, they call me. The salesman has diagnosed and corrected the problem. There’s a tiny button under the cruise distance controller that kills lane centering. We all look at each other. The tech had spent all day updating software, resetting the systems, etc. I go for a drive with salesman and he even shows me how to get rid of the blinking speed sign icon when exceeding the posted speed limit.

The bottom line; if your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. Me, the tech, the service advisor all feel like morons and the salesman is the hero. The good news? It was my free oil change. 🤣🙄

Happy Easter to those that celebrate it. 👍
Sponsored

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
The salesman these days really know more what the vehicle can do more than the techs/service advisor.
I remember i had a crash course of all the bronco utilities, buttons etc on my car pick up day.

Maybe the technician and service advisor from your dealership were both absent when they did the bronco training hehe :)

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Happy Easter. Going out Monday for half off Russell Stover marshmallow bunnies.

Last edited:

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Hey, the day I picked my BS BL up in 03/21 no one at the dealership had even seen a BS in person (mine was the first one delivered to them). Salesman handed me the keys and said, “I’m supposed to tell you all about it, but you know more than me . . . so good luck and enjoy”. Came home and read manual three times!

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
You must tell us how to get rid of the blink. I use speed sign sensing, but there is one section of road where I consistently give it a +2 so I'm impeding traffic a little less.

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Hey, the day I picked my BS BL up in 03/21 no one at the dealership had even seen a BS in person (mine was the first one delivered to them). Salesman handed me the keys and said, “I’m supposed to tell you all about it, but you know more than me . . . so good luck and enjoy”. Came home and read manual three times!
Reading the manual helps that's for sure!!I kept having the Check Rear Seats For Occupants after shutting mine off!!I read the manual and figured it out how to turn it off!!My sister thought it did that when it detected weight on the rear seats!!But it actually comes on when you open and close the rear doors numerous times!!My brother had the same notice coming up on his 2023 F-150 and i showed him how to shut it off!!

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
I resemble that remark.
While waiting over 5 months for delivery of my ordered BS BL, I had plenty of time to watch hundreds of YouTube review videos (not an exaggeration), read and participate here, and download and read the Owner's Manual. Many of those YouTube videos get many things wrong, especially the "reviews" of used Bronco Sports from non-Ford dealers. Such as the dealer who kept referring to the Big Bend he was showing as Badlands, or those who claim the car has 360 cameras. Or those who refer to the roof rails as a roof rack. Call it semantics, but without cross bars or a roof carrier such as a rack or box, the roof side rails are not a roof rack.
And then there are those who suggest hanging clothing or even a wetsuit from the handles on the hatch. Hanging things from the hatch is advised against in the owner's manual, making adding a Molle panel to the inside of the hatch a real bad idea. Go ahead, damage your hatch or hinges and nullify your warranty.
Just the same, my salesman ran through the orientation in the car, as part of his checklist to complete the sale. He did his duty.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Yes Bill also picked my bs badlands First Edition the same time 3/21 . Handed me the keys and said have fun.

Ford Bronco Sport Interesting day at the dealership. IMG_0819

OP
OP
CableXJ

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You must tell us how to get rid of the blink. I use speed sign sensing, but there is one section of road where I consistently give it a +2 so I'm impeding traffic a little less.
In Driver Assistance settings go to cruise control, set it to Intelligent then set the tolerance to the range you want. Mine is set to +6 kms and voila, your bronco will go to 106 kms in 100 zone automatically and no blinking sign.

Jube

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
So, on March 3rd, my Bronco Sport warned me that my speed sign camera wasn’t working (it was) and my lane cantering suddenly stopped working. Lane departure warning was functional. Called dealership and booked an appointment for today. The BS was fine in the intervening period except for the lane centering. 5 ½ hours later, they return my keys, say all is well and send me on my way. Get on the highway and things are exactly the same. No lane centering. I go back. The technician that worked on my vehicle looks gobsmacked. We chat. He hooks up his laptop again. No errors. No warnings. He’s got nothing. My salesman comes out to talk to him. I go back to the lounge and a few minutes later, they call me. The salesman has diagnosed and corrected the problem. There’s a tiny button under the cruise distance controller that kills lane centering. We all look at each other. The tech had spent all day updating software, resetting the systems, etc. I go for a drive with salesman and he even shows me how to get rid of the blinking speed sign icon when exceeding the posted speed limit.

The bottom line; if your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. Me, the tech, the service advisor all feel like morons and the salesman is the hero. The good news? It was my free oil change. 🤣🙄

Happy Easter to those that celebrate it. 👍
Can you share a little more info as to locating this button?

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
Thanks for sharing, seems like some wont have to worry about that button. I dont have that on my BB. Those hot buttons are all in the radio screen control and not easily accessible and can only be changed when vehicle is stopped.

Ford Bronco Sport Interesting day at the dealership. IMG_8804

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Thanks for sharing, seems like some wont have to worry about that button. I dont have that on my BB. Those hot buttons are all in the radio screen control and not easily accessible and can only be changed when vehicle is stopped.

Ford Bronco Sport Interesting day at the dealership. IMG_8804
If anyone ever needs the part number for that switch module here it is (the module on the right of this pic).
Ford Bronco Sport Interesting day at the dealership. Ima

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
As a retired Ford Marketing employee, stories of salespeople who shun their responsibility of a complete delivery experience for their customer make me crazy! I picked up my Badlands in February 2021 and the delivery process took two hours. Yes, my head was spinning and I didn’t remember everything, but my salesperson did his duty and was available any time to answer a question by email or phone.
Sponsored