Installing Sun Visor Homelink garage door opener from the Ranger?

Coloroadrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Don't know if anyone has looked this up before, but the Ranger comes with a sun visor with the opener installed, that looks to be exactly the same visor that's in the Sport. Same color, shape and design. What I don't know is if the electrical connectors are the same or if there's an extra pin or two in the connector for the opener. There's a problem though, the visors are back ordered (of course) and it's $429. And since it's an electrical component, it's may not be returnable. So I would be real hesitant to buy one (when they have them) to see if the connectors are the same! Does anyone know?
Sponsored

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Don't know if anyone has looked this up before, but the Ranger comes with a sun visor with the opener installed, that looks to be exactly the same visor that's in the Sport. Same color, shape and design. What I don't know is if the electrical connectors are the same or if there's an extra pin or two in the connector for the opener. There's a problem though, the visors are back ordered (of course) and it's $429. And since it's an electrical component, it's may not be returnable. So I would be real hesitant to buy one (when they have them) to see if the connectors are the same! Does anyone know?
If your going to buy one anyway, just purchase the one that is made for the 2022MY Bronco Sport.

OP
OP
Coloroadrider

Coloroadrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
If your going to buy one anyway, just purchase the one that is made for the 2022MY Bronco Sport.
I would love to. Unfortunately, they're not listed on the parts list for the 22 Sport yet! Just the standard visors. I'd be willing to bet that the same visor will be used in the Sport, Ranger and Escape. they all look the same. Since they're on backorder, we wont know for a while!

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I would love to. Unfortunately, they're not listed on the parts list for the 22 Sport yet! Just the standard visors. I'd be willing to bet that the same visor will be used in the Sport, Ranger and Escape. they all look the same. Since they're on backorder, we wont know for a while!
The lower cubby where the USB ports are is very deep. A GDO can be Velcro'd there where it will not get in the way and nobody will know unless you tell them or they read this thread.

Last edited:

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
The lower cubby where the USB ports are is very deep. A GDO can be Velcro'd there where it will not get in the way and nobody will know unless you tell them or they read this thread.
This is a genius idea!! Going to do this right now!!

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Unfortunately, they'll have completely different part numbers. There is a very slight difference between them. Between the Escape version and Bronco Sport version the rollover warning sticker is different. The one on the escape is more a written warning, whereas on the Bronco Sport its more a visual warning.

Oh, just saw a picture of the one on the Ranger. It is actually a little different than the one EXPECTED on the 22 Bronco Sport. The buttons and sunvisor are tan. The buttons for the BS are shown to be black while the visor in ours is more gray. Though, I don't put a lot of confidence in the "picture" of the interior of a 22 BS as it shows leather interior and lists leather-wrapped steering wheel yet the image shows a plain, plastic SW.

Last edited:

mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford
Hi, I did something slightly different. I velcro'd the remote to the top of the slot that is just below the radio dials. It is hidden and has worked great.

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
You may be aware of this, but you can buy the home link GDO on Amazon for $159. I have the factory unit in both my '15 Escape and '19 Ranger. I programed the Escape and periodically have issues with it not connecting with my main door that has the newest opener. I was too lazy to go through the hassle of programming 3 doors when I got my Ranger, so I have one the remotes from my openers clipped to the visor and have had zero issues with it connecting, plus it has a longer range than the factory unit. Just my two cents.

Tom 5778

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange OB, Factory Five Racing roadster
For $20 you can add myQ to your existing opener. If your opener is from Chamberlain or Liftmaster and less than 3 years old you may already have MyQ built in. Then you can open the door from your smart phone, share a one-time or multi-use code with anyone, get an alert whenever your door opens/closes, and more. I did it and it took about 15 minutes with no hiccups.

https://www.myq.com/smart-garage-control
Sponsored