Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I put the 1” leveling kit from 4 Wheel Parts. They installed it and said it should be fine now off road. The Badlands and the limited edition one are 1” higher than the other models already as well. So thats like having a 2” lift on Base model.
any word on if the level voids any warranty / maintenance?
Sponsored

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
I drove it around for a week like that and it didn't rub once If you crank the wheel really hard it barely touched it on a very hard U-turn. The guys at the shop said it would be fine around town. But it could mess up the liner if I took it off-road.
So you put on extra large off road tires that you can’t take off road? I’m confused.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
So you put on extra large off road tires that you can’t take off road? I’m confused.
OP mentions a leveling / lift is coming. i believe at this point it’s been installed. so now it has larger tires and a lift

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
Have you gotten the leveling kit installed? If so, what do you think? Has the slight rub gone away? Also, please post some pics!

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I put the 1” leveling kit from 4 Wheel Parts. They installed it and said it should be fine now off road. The Badlands and the limited edition one are 1” higher than the other models already as well. So thats like having a 2” lift on Base model.
We need fresh pictures with the tires and now the lift!

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
245-70-17
Bfg ko
Heavy tire.

How much can you feel that taking off from a stop? Maybe not as noticeable with 2.0 engine?

Hmmm even the guy who developed HRG lift on his vehicle did not put that size tire.
Got to be a reason.

Think a real-world test of flexing under pressure is needed.

YFD_322

Outer Banks
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Most people are putting on 245/65/R17's with no rubbing. Raising your suspension will give your more clearance at the top of the wheel well, but not the rear which is the critical point on BS's. Lots of posts and different experiences on installing 245/65/R17's.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Yeah I'm leaning towards 245/65/17's but I go back and forth on if the 235/65/17 would be fine, its a little bit lighter. I feel like that 245/70 is where it gets to be a problem from what I've seen.

YFD_322

Outer Banks
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
But that 245/70 looks the best IMO. I have to figure this one out. Have to cut welds and liners I guess. It just looks so good

Ford Bronco Sport Installed 245/70 Ko2’s on Badlands with slight rub 1884A90B-B5E2-444C-89CB-E5066F22DE68

Ford Bronco Sport Installed 245/70 Ko2’s on Badlands with slight rub 51E5D1D1-82DE-48B3-9E70-C5A020847EB1

Ford Bronco Sport Installed 245/70 Ko2’s on Badlands with slight rub C7097F76-5081-4350-822E-C9678A3ACF07

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
any word on if the level voids any warranty / maintenance?
I posted this answer on another thread:

In general, the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act protects owners from the loss of warranty for the use of aftermarket parts. But it doesn't protect you completely. Ford is under no obligation to warrant the new parts you install (obviously), nor must it honor a claim on other parts that may be damaged or prematurely worn as a result of the modification and/or the installation. For example, let's say you have your lift kit installed and the technician fails to properly secure the brake lines. Then let's say the unsecured brake line gets abraded and fails. Ford will not honor a claim to repair the brake line or any other damage that might occur as a result of the failed brake line--whoever did the installation is liable for that. To avoid this kind of denial you can have your Ford dealership do the installation. It will likely cost more, but then they can't claim the installation was done improperly.

The same goes for damage or premature wear caused by the modification itself. For example, a lift changes the driveline geometry. You are counting on the lift kit designer to ensure the change isn't enough to damage driveline components such as CV joints. If you do experience driveline problems you may have an argument between Ford and the kit supplier as to whether the problems resulted from the suspension modifications.

That said, any parts on the vehicle not associated with the suspension modification will still be covered. That's the protection afforded by the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act

Another consideration is product liability. If you have a roll-over accident resulting from normal traffic maneuvering you may have a good civil case. If you modify the suspension in a way that increases the likelihood of a roll-over accident--such as a lift-kit--then you will likely eliminate any such case.

YFD_322

Outer Banks
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Here’s another picture. Also I won’t be taking this off road until I get the leveling kit.

Ford Bronco Sport Installed 245/70 Ko2’s on Badlands with slight rub Bronco Sport 245:70 Ko2’s on Badlands
Did you ever put spacers on? I like this setup but would like to push them out a touch .