If you could choose a new option/color...

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I just sold my manual BMW 328. Drove it daily for a decade before moving to CO. Doing anything uphill requires ground clearance and A/4WD. BMW had neither. But a Bronco Sport with a manual? Being able to use engine braking would be awesome when descending thousands of feet in elevation.
You can still use engine braking. Just pull on the left shift paddle for a lower gear. It should stay there until you switch back to auto.
Sponsored

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
Has anybody said auxiliary switches yet? [...]
This is the one I stupidly forgot in my earlier list. Upfitter switches. It's not only a great idea, it's another infuriating omission by Ford because it already has the tech and most of the parts. Upfitter switches are an option on the Ranger, so it's not just a big truck feature. It would fit fine.

I love my Upfitter switches in my F-350. It was so easy to add accessories with those switches.

And this is the maddening thing about this thread. Most of the wants here are not hypothetical wishes ... they're wishing that the tech Ford has put in other models for 5+ years were available on its new flagship line.

Scott_Anderson_

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Cactus Gray
This is the one I stupidly forgot in my earlier list. Upfitter switches. It's not only a great idea, it's another infuriating omission by Ford because it already has the tech and most of the parts. Upfitter switches are an option on the Ranger, so it's not just a big truck feature. It would fit fine.

I love my Upfitter switches in my F-350. It was so easy to add accessories with those switches.

And this is the maddening thing about this thread. Most of the wants here are not hypothetical wishes ... they're wishing that the tech Ford has put in other models for 5+ years were available on its new flagship line.
I thought the forthcoming Black Diamond package for the sport might include them, but it doesn't look like it. From what I can see, it is mostly exterior (cosmetic) upgrades from the Badlands, including a hood decal or something.

It was a bit underwhelming in my opinion. I'm glad I didn't wait to purchase, because I strongly considered it when I heard they were releasing a Black Diamond edition of the sport. There is a decent thread somewhere on here about it with an article link.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Other than the options and colors that already exist for your particular model, what color or option(s) would you like to see for the Bronco sport offered by Ford or aftermarket?
I'd like to see a REAL RED colour option. Like a cherry red or candy apple red. Not the orange red Hot Pepper that's slopped over my current BS BB.

Iowan

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Hands free lift gate, a front camera would be a plus, and some wheel options.

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
bigger engine than the 2.0, like the 2.3 eco or whatever else....never go wrong with more power...
my first option on color was the rapid red but discontinued for 2023, so HPR works.
either go back to the Rapid, or some kind of "code orange" or "competition orange" like the raptors and mustangs.... add an orange option on regular full size broncos and i buy one of those too.
if raptor was made in 2-dr with "code orange" i would have had my order in the day it was offered.....

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
bigger engine than the 2.0, like the 2.3 eco or whatever else....never go wrong with more power...
my first option on color was the rapid red but discontinued for 2023, so HPR works.
either go back to the Rapid, or some kind of "code orange" or "competition orange" like the raptors and mustangs.... add an orange option on regular full size broncos and i buy one of those too.
if raptor was made in 2-dr with "code orange" i would have had my order in the day it was offered.....
MORE POWER!

Last edited:

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
I would like a Black Appearance Package, like they have for F-150s. I think the Sport's color options are pretty diverse, but it would help if they allowed for different packages such as the BAP to provide some contrast. I could see a BAP with black wheels, black lettering and a shadow black roof. It would great with the White, Silver and Carbonized Gray colors - probably others too.

Cyclone Curt

Badlands
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 F150, '60 Healey, '31 "A" Pickup
Convertible or removable hard top for that open air experience.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I would like a Black Appearance Package, like they have for F-150s. I think the Sport's color options are pretty diverse, but it would help if they allowed for different packages such as the BAP to provide some contrast. I could see a BAP with black wheels, black lettering and a shadow black roof. It would great with the White, Silver and Carbonized Gray colors - probably others too.
Maybe like this. ?

Ford Bronco Sport If you could choose a new option/color... B893C63E-530F-4327-99DE-7C592EF45542

Ford Bronco Sport If you could choose a new option/color... 0FD5242F-A890-4F30-86C5-3C702A2ABAB0

REDWM

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 F-150, 77 MGB, 2023 Bronco Sport
Manual transmission or at least an automatic shift lever in stead of that stupid dial, and tan or sand seats that go well with eruption green exterior

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
How about just 1 complete vehicle as it was originally built. Mexico can not even get an engine cover made and now you want more options that Ford will not be able to keep up with. I would be happy with inventory from Ford.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Manual transmission or at least an automatic shift lever in stead of that stupid dial, and tan or sand seats that go well with eruption green exterior
I have paddles.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Other than the options and colors that already exist for your particular model, what color or option(s) would you like to see for the Bronco sport offered by Ford or aftermarket?
- A red cloth interior.
- A sealed rear window with the wiper motor mounted to the body which would provide decent wiper coverage, or maybe dual rear wipers.

I don't own a BS yet, but will order a BS BL on July 17th or so. I'm leaning toward the Shadow Black or Atlas Blue exterior colors.
Sponsored