I need an honest opinion

Jeshi5

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Hi everyone,

I have been watching this forum since I placed my order for a BS BB back in November. I’m supposed to take delivery of it tomorrow but I’m on the fence about completing the process. Watching to many Scotty Kilmer videos and his dislike of all Fords produced in Mexico are making me a little worried about reliability issues. I own a Focus and dealt with the transmission issues until it finally got repair to were it was drivable . I would greatly appreciate any feedback from anyone that has had their BS for a while now.
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hi everyone,

I have been watching this forum since I placed my order for a BS BB back in November. I’m supposed to take delivery of it tomorrow but I’m on the fence about completing the process. Watching to many Scotty Kilmer videos and his dislike of all Fords produced in Mexico are making me a little worried about reliability issues. I own a Focus and dealt with the transmission issues until it finally got repair to were it was drivable . I would greatly appreciate any feedback from anyone that has had their BS for a while now.
Does that guy like anything but Toyota? Seems like his whole shtick is whining about vehicles.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Toyota and Honda. Everything else he hates.
Sounds like good videos to avoid watching. Though I get worried about potential problems before they even happen thanks to reading every little thing on here, the people on the forums are more likely to air their grievances and use forums to seek solutions to their issues. Outside of this forum there are 10k BS buyers each month that aren’t on here detailing problems. They either have no issues, or as with the problems I had with the explorer, they’re successfully resolved by their dealer under warranty.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/zero-problems-miles-driven-sound-off-peoples.3826/
Lots of people on here thankfully don’t have any issues at all.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/bronco-sport-tops-consumer-reports-most-reliable-compact-suv-list.4501/
Even Consumer Reports had to recommend the ‘not a honda or toyota’ BS.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hi everyone,

Just drove my Big Bend from Arizona to North Carolina. 27 hours on the road over 3 days. I've spent a lot of quality time with my car this week and haven't noticed any issues. In fact, it's the most comfortable road trip car I've ever experienced. Friends and family have called to check in during the drive, and all I can do is rave about what a comfortable, convenient, and zippy car the Sport is.
Don't borrow tomorrow's troubles and don't listen to the naysayers. It's an awesome vehicle. I love it so much I'm upgrading to a Badlands for the extra quality of life features.

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Buy your new cool car tomorrow. Take you time and make your own assessment on everything about the Bronco Sport. If it's meant to be, keep it. Otherwise, sell/trade-in for something else. The used car market is through the roof like everything else these days. You have nothing to lose!

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Hi everyone,

There are lovers and haters of every vehicle out there. Just because it is made in Mexico does not make it a bad vehicle. Sure any car can have issues. They are assembled by humans. That is what warranties are for. Get it and enjoy it. There are many articles out there rating how good a vehicle it is. If you dont end up liking it you can sell it. One you tuber means nothing.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Hi everyone,

I've been watching Scotty's videos for a long time now. Generally speaking, he offers great advice regarding maintenance and purchasing decisions. One of the areas where I disagree with him is on small-displacement turbocharged engines. Scotty is old-school, and like many old-timers he doesn't like them. He's convinced these 'new-fangled' engines will prove unreliable. The fact is, however, there have been literally millions of these engines operating around the world for more than a decade. If there were widespread reliability issues we would know about them by now.
Sponsored