greenlaker

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport/'15 M-B Sprinter Crew/'01 S2000
This just landed in my mailbox today, and I was pleasantly surprised at how the Bronco Sport ranked. I assumed it'd finish mid-pack (not that we have had any issues with our Outer Banks, but Toyota and Honda set a very high bar for reliability overall). The BS is also Consumer Reports' pick for the most reliable Ford model. Odd that the pictured Outer Banks has a color matched roof. Photoshopped by some graphic artist at the mag?

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport tops Consumer Reports' "Most Reliable Compact SUV" list IMG_7646

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport tops Consumer Reports' "Most Reliable Compact SUV" list IMG_7647
Sponsored

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This genuinely surprises me given the numerous posts about people having all kinds of issues with their models.

But yeah, I can attest to the fact that Jeeps are unreliable messes. My Grand Cherokee Overland got to 60,000 miles until there was total electrical failure.

OP
OP
greenlaker

greenlaker

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, especially surprising for the BS with it being a first year model. The vast majority of the vehicles on that list have been out for at least one model year. I believe the only all-new-for-2021 model was the Tucson.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I don't know anything about CR's methodology, but for my sample size of n=1, after 9 months and thousands of miles of driving, I never got the "this thing is a pile" vibe, which I did get with an old Jeep Compass that was constantly having issues.

Odd that the pictured Outer Banks has a color matched roof.
I wish OB and BL trims offered more roof color choices, including a color match and classic 'safari white.' The cactus grey roof is one thing I'll miss about my old Big Bend.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I don't know anything about CR's methodology, but for my sample size of n=1, after 9 months and thousands of miles of driving, I never got the "this thing is a pile" vibe, which I did get with an old Jeep Compass that was constantly having issues.

I wish OB and BL trims offered more roof color choices, including a color match and classic 'safari white.' The cactus grey roof is one thing I'll miss about my old Big Bend.
I would love to be able to pick a white roof, would look so clean

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Our FJ Cruiser is black with a white roof and we have always loved it

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm already looking for shops to do a white wrap on my Badlands roof after it arrives. Besides keeping the interior cooler in the summer, I think it'll look good with cactus grey and the white lettering on the grill and hatch.

There's an old thread about white roofs if you're interested. The first pic looks great -- except for the white pillars. Makes it look like someone screwed up the job.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Our FJ Cruiser is black with a white roof and we have always loved it
I actually saw one of those in a parking lot today and really liked the white roof on it, really makes it stand out

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
It seems black roofs are the luxury item du jour on just about any make/model nowadays to denote a high trim level, or just get you to spend more. I had to choose the carbon gray roof though, just to be a little closer to white & just be a little different. White would be great with so many of the colors.

TnyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'77 Chevy c10, '22 Bronco Sport BL
If this is true... I'm so proud of the baby bronco ?

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
This just landed in my mailbox today, and I was pleasantly surprised at how the Bronco Sport ranked. I assumed it'd finish mid-pack (not that we have had any issues with our Outer Banks, but Toyota and Honda set a very high bar for reliability overall). The BS is also Consumer Reports' pick for the most reliable Ford model. Odd that the pictured Outer Banks has a color matched roof. Photoshopped by some graphic artist at the mag?

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport tops Consumer Reports' "Most Reliable Compact SUV" list IMG_7646

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport tops Consumer Reports' "Most Reliable Compact SUV" list IMG_7647
Pretty cool. Which issue is that?

OP
OP
greenlaker

greenlaker

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having known a couple of people who work at Consumers Union, while also working for brands that have had products reviewed, the speculation that CR is pay-to-play is simply untrue.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This genuinely surprises me given the numerous posts about people having all kinds of issues with their models.
Old saying in business: a customer has a good experience they're gonna tell about 4 of their closest friends and family. If they have a BAD experience they tell an average of 10-12. That's what we have here. There isn't a wide span of issues with the Sport. You're just hearing from those that are having them. Tons of thousands of us are experiencing ZERO issues.
Sponsored