dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I think @KRYSTAL11375 will get a build date based on her 8/21 order not the earlier one as that's the one that is shown on the Ford website. Which means.. that she'll either get a build date this week or next week... though I'm thinking next week.

All guesses of course.
Sponsored

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
I think @KRYSTAL11375 will get a build date based on her 8/21 order not the earlier one as that's the one that is shown on the Ford website. Which means.. that she'll either get a build date this week or next week... though I'm thinking next week.

All guesses of course.
According to Ford Marketing both orders are good and both have my info. They said they are both in process. They said they didn't know why it was not showing the 7/21 in my account but that everything is good with both.. I called 2 seprate times and talked to 2 different people to see if I got told the same thing and for the most part I did. Dealer just said which ever one he gets first is mine ?‍♀ The wait is killing me..lol

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Just got a call from the dealer in Tucson to go over / confirm my order. Badlands w/ organizer and trailer hitch. Was told I will be getting a build date soon according to Ford. I reserved around August 14th. I am so glad they called (as promised) to go over everything. I was also told I can test drive before buying because non-purchased vehicles can be sold by the dealer, like "hotcakes."

BroncoBoy40

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F-150 XLT, 97 Mustang GT, 89 Festiva
I ordered a FE w/ organizer and Cyber Orange on 7/25. Dealer said it was a clean order, nothing regarding late availability, however it has not been scheduled. No build date or VIN yet.

Alderg

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Volvo S70
According to Ford Marketing both orders are good and both have my info. They said they are both in process. They said they didn't know why it was not showing the 7/21 in my account but that everything is good with both.. I called 2 seprate times and talked to 2 different people to see if I got told the same thing and for the most part I did. Dealer just said which ever one he gets first is mine ?‍♀ The wait is killing me..lol
Howdy! What number did you call to find out at Ford marketing?

espence601

Badlands
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge/Ford F-150
I called Ford Marketing today to check on my order and she said they are scheduling builds in order they are received (orders conformed), that they are bot being chosen based on model or any of that. That is the info she gave me and that is the 2nd time I have asked someone there and they have both said the same thing.
not sure how that is true my order was confirmed on 07/17 and I have not heard a thing.

KRYSTAL11375

Big Bend
First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford F150
not sure how that is true my order was confirmed on 07/17 and I have not heard a thing.
Not sure that it is, that is just what she told me. Mine was 7/21 and I have not been scheduled either.

Last edited:

Vivi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
This is minor and I'll admit petty, but is anyone else surprised at the lack of any communication from Ford since ordering? Understand the web of logistics involved, but not even a "manufacturing of the Sport is underway, keep an eye out for more communication regarding your order soon" or anything along those lines? Maybe this should be coming from the dealers but it seems like most are more in the dark than most customers I've talked to.

VGH

First Edition
First Name
VHG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
This is minor and I'll admit petty, but is anyone else surprised at the lack of any communication from Ford since ordering? Understand the web of logistics involved, but not even a "manufacturing of the Sport is underway, keep an eye out for more communication regarding your order soon" or anything along those lines? Maybe this should be coming from the dealers but it seems like most are more in the dark than most customers I've talked to.
I agree. Ford has missed a great marketing opportunity! I am beginning to understand why their stock is trading where it is. In my opinion they should have had someone monitoring the forums and using them to get the word out about their product. There certainly wouldn't be all of the misinformation floating around.

VGH

First Edition
First Name
VHG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
We will be
I’m agree somewhat. They could have increased reservations and orders of the sport with more communication. I’m staring to believe we are a small sample of the 2021 sport customers. They are probably planning for way more customers to purchase from dealer stock which is why they were confident they could build all orders first. Now when it gets closer to dealer stock showing up to dealers I’m sure ford will ramp up marketing and we will start seeing commercials on tv and social media.
. We will be large part of their marketing mix and they want have to pay us anything for riding around in the Bronco Sport.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
I’m agree somewhat. They could have increased reservations and orders of the sport with more communication. I’m staring to believe we are a small sample of the 2021 sport customers. They are probably planning for way more customers to purchase from dealer stock which is why they were confident they could build all orders first. Now when it gets closer to dealer stock showing up to dealers I’m sure ford will ramp up marketing and we will start seeing commercials on tv and social media.
Why has Ford embargoed reviews with a drive ? Or any review other than a walk around ? (One reviewer held up a sign during walk through and said they cannot comment on driving until Dec 1st.) Why no manual link so people with orders can learn about their cars in advance. Same situation with Mach e. It was not until they let customers see the cars during dealership tours the past two weeks that anyone really got any decent information on that car - and then only dealers in CA and in NE . Same for Sport, but "tour" (at least in my area) was 45 minute, dealer only preview. Ford definitely has a lot of room for improvement if they want to continue the advance order model. And why frustrate people by showing on "build" Ford site that local dealers have "newly arrived" cars - in fact they don't.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
It’s not out of the ordinary for new vehicles to have drive reviews embargoed until a specific date. I agree there is room for improvement and there should be accurate and up to date info but they aren’t taking anyone’s money and not forcing anyone to order.. they are taking $100 refundable deposits but imo they have provided enough info for $100 if people want more info first, they can get a refund and wait to drive their self or not put $100 down in the first place and wait to drive themself. I myself don’t need to wait for other people’s opinion of the drive or more info bc I was sold at first sight
Good you got a "first sight" Most of us have not. People on a lease or need to replace a car would just like to know if the car is worth waiting for. This forum and Mach e forum are pretty much the only sources of information. The $100 is irrelevant - in fact dealer I talked to thinks a lot of people actually can't afford this car and just ordered one hoping they could. I still maintain Ford communication has been terrible on both Sport and Mach e . I am sure they will sell all they can make, but leave a lot of customers looking at other dealers. Mach e build dates already suggest a lot of people with those reservations have not ordered - people with high reservation numbers are getting build dates in January. No way to build a brand. We'll see how Ford does come next summer when they report results. I will wait, but I think Ford needs to listen to customers - reading forums would be a good start.
Sponsored