I have a VIN number!

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
There are a lot of parts that go into these vehicles. I’ve worked on software for these type of systems. I don’t know about Ford, but in my experience when the computer system can line up all the parts for a particular vehicle, it gets scheduled and a VIN is created. It wouldn’t surprise me if the computer didn’t know it was to build certain models before others!
Sponsored

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I posted this somewhere else, but it's really important to keep in touch with your dealer, specifically the individual who is in charge of the Bronco Sport orders. It took my dealer a long time to get up to speed, but I'm now texting my contact to keep up to date. There are still a lot of questions the dealers cannot answer, but I'm learning it's not necessarily their fault, just the pipeline of information is clogged.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
Just a suggestion.... can everyone post the date your reservation was originally made when you receive a VIN and build date so we can estimate when others will be built? Thanks.
For what it's worth I also have Mustang Mach e order and as they started to schedule builds heavily last week it has become clear that neither the reservation number or time stamp for a reservation mean anything for build dates, much less delivery. Total mix of FE and other trims and they are still building dealer demos when they were expected to start customer builds. Different car and different issues (which is why I have order in for each), but Ford has not communicated anything on deliveries directly and at least on macheforum.com the speculation has lead to a lot of unhappy buyers as more recent orders get scheduled ahead of FE and first day reservations.

SoCalBronc

Badlands
First Name
Vickii
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW x3
Just got an email from Ford saying my Bronco Sport Outer Banks is scheduled for build the week of 12/14!!!! Surprising since that's Alto Blue which was supposed to be "Late Availability".
What was your order date and color?

SoCalBronc

Badlands
First Name
Vickii
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW x3
Did any of you with VINs have the (late availability) Cargo Management System included in your order?
Also interested in this info as I built with CMS, it didn’t appear in my email confirmation from dealer (but the info included was limited so that may not indicate anything), and I can’t get a response from dealer asking if CMS was indeed on my order. Since others have said this would hold up builds, I’m curious. But I also want it.

BroncoWoah

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, Ford Ranger
Ordered 7/22 and got a confirmation on Friday that my FE Cactus Grey will be built on Dec 7! No cargo management system, dealer told me that would make it late (and we have a lease ending in February)

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Are you guys with VINs getting them from the dealer or via email?

I have an email from Ford saying my FE ordered on 7/22 (w/cargo management system) will be built the week of 12/7, but I haven't heard anything from my dealer or anybody else from Ford regarding a VIN#.

starofdavid11

First Edition
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-V
I don't know if my dealer is just slow or not but it sure seems like it, I reserved my FE on 7/14(or whatever day the reservations opened) and it didnt get converted to an order till 9/2 :(

OP
OP
Bdub

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Are you guys with VINs getting them from the dealer or via email?

I have an email from Ford saying my FE ordered on 7/22 (w/cargo management system) will be built the week of 12/7, but I haven't heard anything from my dealer or anybody else from Ford regarding a VIN#.
Dealer called with VIN, no confirmation from Ford.

OP
OP
Bdub

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just received email from Ford:

We are excited to let you know your 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of November 23 2020.

Bronco1951

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 butt ugly Escape SEL awd/ 2021 Bronco 4dr Badland (not Sport)
Has anyone received a VIN and/or build date for a non FE vehicle. I reserved my BB on 7-14-20 and my dealer on 10-24-20 shows neither a VIN or a build date.

From this thread it sounds like people with FE's are being contacted by Ford.

My dealer on Tuesday said Ford run schedules on Fridays so I might hear something on Monday. I don't know if he means they schedule for the next week on Friday's or for the next month on Friday.

I guess it will happen when it happens.........

Last edited:

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Has anyone received a VIN and/or build date for a non FE vehicle. I reserved my BB on 7-14-20 and my dealer on 10-24-20 shows neither a VIN or a build date.
My dealer hasn't contacted me with a VIN but Ford emailed me with a build date on my Big Bend for the week of 12/14. I have seen in another group several people getting Big Bends built in November.

ChiperooKid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Badlands in Area 51 ordered 7/21/20 in South Carolina. Dealer notified me last week I am scheduled for Week 48 production but still no VIN issued do to material shortage (presumably the cargo management shelf).

kelC

Badlands
First Name
Kelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR2
Badlands in Area 51 ordered 7/21/20 in South Carolina. Dealer notified me last week I am scheduled for Week 48 production but still no VIN issued do to material shortage (presumably the cargo management shelf).
I'm in SC too which dealership did you go with?