Chap

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX-5
I also have had radio silence from all concerned. Just sent an email to my dealer to see if they know anything.
Sponsored

VGH

First Edition
First Name
VHG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Also very curious about this. I'm worried the Cargo Management System is delaying my order ?
I have a FE with with cargo management system. I have a vin and a build week.

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Anyone know how long shipping takes once a vehicle is built? My dealer said they hope mine makes it out before the holiday shutdown between Christmas and New Years'.

Horsetail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Anyone know how long shipping takes once a vehicle is built? My dealer said they hope mine makes it out before the holiday shutdown between Christmas and New Years'.
Dealer told me today that the build order is FEs, OBs, BLs. My build date is 1/4, car would arrive late Jan early Feb

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I spoke to the dealer at length today and was told once more that a VIN is "not the final" step and changes in color and options like the "organizer," or "tires" can be added / altered afterwards when the dealer contacts the buyer before everything is finalized. Maybe another dealer can chime in and confirm or deny.

Njia

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac XT5, Ford Escape
I spoke to the dealer at length today and was told once more that a VIN is "not the final" step and changes in color and options like the "organizer," or "tires" can be added / altered afterwards when the dealer contacts the buyer before everything is finalized. Maybe another dealer can chime in and confirm or deny.
You may be waiting a while even if you order now. I didn't order my BS BL until about two weeks ago. My order number is in the 400k range, and the first orders in sequence were (I think) in the 100k range. Even if Ford is working 3 shifts, that many vehicles will take a long time to ship to customers. There is some risk that I may not even get my vehicle until late 2021 at the earliest.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ā€˜22 Explr ST ordered
Dealer told me today that the build order is FEs, OBs, BLs. My build date is 1/4, car would arrive late Jan early Feb
That's good to know!

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I actually ordered on August 17th, which should equate to a delivery date before April -- judging by other orders and build dates.

I'm not 100% sold on the Bronco until I test drive one and see what other "test pilots" think, so a delay is fine with me. It also opens the door for other vehicles I'm still considering.

I have seen posts on other sites that the big Broncos were so popular, that some deliveries will not be until 2022, even though the order process has only been active for a little over 24 hours. (They calculated delivery dates from initial order numbers and building capacity). Who knows what other competing vehicles will be available by 2022 including hybrid-off-road choices -- especially with potential crazy gas prices coming.

Last edited:

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
My order was completed with the dealer. They are saying December delivery is possible but they can't say for sure. I ordered the BL with BL package and Area 51 colour. Now the waiting begins.

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Just got an email from Ford saying my Bronco Sport Outer Banks is scheduled for build the week of 12/14!!!! Surprising since that's Alto Blue which was supposed to be "Late Availability".
So much for FE being scheduled first... my Area 51 FE is scheduled for 1/4 according to the email I received from Ford on 10/22. Still havenā€™t heard anything from the dealership - shocking. My order was placed 8/7 because my dealership didnā€™t know Ford was taking orders sooner. What a cluster this has been.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Just a suggestion.... can everyone post the date your reservation was originally made when you receive a VIN and build date so we can estimate when others will be built? Thanks.

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Just a suggestion.... can everyone post the date your reservation was originally made when you receive a VIN and build date so we can estimate when others will be built? Thanks.
I reserved my Area 51 First Edition on 7/13 within two hours of it going online - would have been sooner but the site kept crashing while I was making my reservation. After I was able to convince my dealership Ford was in fact allowing people to convert reservations to orders, I placed my order on 8/7 (they seemed to be confusing the Sport with the 2 and 4 door ā€œbigā€ Broncos). I received an email from Ford that my build week is January 4 on 10/22 but no VIN. Despite a couple calls to my dealership prior to receiving the email from Ford in which I was assured by the dealership that I would hear from them immediately once my order was scheduled I have in fact not heard anything from them. Nothing. I will be calling them tomorrow to see if they can provide me with a VIN and explain why my build date is pushed out till next year since they and several people on this forum have expressed the FE was supposed to be first in the build order and that is proving to be untrue. How can dealerships be this clueless?
Sponsored