I bit the bullet and ordered a '22 Badlands

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I believe that the lower % of Badlands is do to contraints. I don't believe for a minute that Ford is intentionally building less of them. Hopefully moving forward, these constraints will go away.

If you look on Ford dealer lots right now, almost all the vehicles are the high end models whether it be an F150 or Explorer etc. Ford and the dealers make more profit on the high end models. The Badlands is the highest priced model and they will sell as many as they can make. Remember that there were issues with the BL package on 2021 models because it included the moonroof. Also there were issues with 2.0 availability. And toss in the recalls and chip issues, you have your perfect storm.
Took my BS in for an oil change at my Ford Dealer. Most of the vehicle in stock were Escapes, Edge, Explorer and Expeditions. Salesman said they have more inventory than most ford dealers. No BS or Mavericks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
The Shark

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Took my BS in for an oil change at my Ford Dealer. Most of the vehicle in stock were Escapes, Edge, Explorer and Expeditions. Salesman said they have more inventory than most ford dealers. No BS or Mavericks.
My Ford dealer was pretty similar, they had more Edge's than anything else, they had 1 BS don't know if it was sold and 2 Big Broncos that carried a $5K market adjustment not to mention a few overpriced dealer installed options.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
My cyber orange badlands ordered on the 30th of September went in with the trailer option. I don't even have a trailer but figured it can't be added later so better get it. Copilot was a skip though. I don't need something else to break on me. Now all I need is my email for scheduling. I don't think it's ever coming.
My Alto Blue went in on 9/10 with the tow. No issue at the time. If it holds it up I am fine with waiting. Scheduled currently 11/22

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
I placed an order for a 2022 BL with most of the options on Oct. 1, to replace my destroyed 2021 BL+BL (my insurance payout was enough to cover most of the cost). I got the confirmation email and now I wait for the notification of when it’s scheduled for production. I’m keeping my expectations low so I won’t be disappointed if it takes six months.

I keep waffling on whether I really do want Hot Pepper Red (my 2021 was Rapid Red and it kills me they dropped that color). There’s a 2019 HPR Ranger on my dealer’s lot and I’ve seriously driven over to look at the color three times now. There’s just not another color where I go, “Yes! That’s what I want.”

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
I placed an order for a 2022 BL with most of the options on Oct. 1, to replace my destroyed 2021 BL+BL (my insurance payout was enough to cover most of the cost). I got the confirmation email and now I wait for the notification of when it’s scheduled for production. I’m keeping my expectations low so I won’t be disappointed if it takes six months.

I keep waffling on whether I really do want Hot Pepper Red (my 2021 was Rapid Red and it kills me they dropped that color). There’s a 2019 HPR Ranger on my dealer’s lot and I’ve seriously driven over to look at the color three times now. There’s just not another color where I go, “Yes! That’s what I want.”
Update: Got my scheduled for production email today — week of December 6. If that holds (big if), any idea what the usual delivery time after production is? (Guess I’m locked in to Hot Pepper Red now.)

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (on order)
Update: Got my scheduled for production email today — week of December 6. If that holds (big if), any idea what the usual delivery time after production is? (Guess I’m locked in to Hot Pepper Red now.)
I also got e mail from Ford this morning with my production week of Dec. 6th.
So if this is true (keeping fingers crossed) and they build our cars the week of Dec. 6th and ship out at the end of that week. And no sitting out in the desert for 3 months!!!
Shipping from Hermosillo factory to NorCal Bay Area takes about 2 weeks.
That means we may get it by Dec. 24th or 25th!!!
If not by Christmas....definitely before the end of the year!
Just in time for Christmas!
What a great Christmas present to ourselves!!! LoL :crackup::clap::rockon::cool:
It's only 2 1/2 months away!!!

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Being in Vegas hope the train won’t take too long. My production week is 11/22. The drop point for cars from the ford train is only 10 miles from my house.

kvenerable

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've been loving my BS OB but I've had buyers remorse because I didn't get exactly what I wanted which was a BL. I settled for what I could get at the time which was the OB so I said the heck with it you only live once and contacted my Ford dealer and he put in a order yesterday for a '22 Cyber Orange BL. Added the Premium Package, Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+, and the Cargo Management System.

Can't wait but probably will have too after hearing Tim Bartz say Ford is accepting only 8% of BS orders as BL.

I'm expecting the OB to hold its value which makes this all possible.

kvenerable

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hey Shark - I did the same, bought an OB because I couldn't get a BL, but last month I went ahead and ordered a badlands. Got the December 6th build email from Ford today. Hoping it doesn't actually get to the dealer (Scottsdale AZ) until January (a tax withdrawal from retirement thing). I'm planning to give them back the OB, get the sales tax break for that, but a little concerned about what they'll give me for it. Also a little worried about "hot pepper red" as opposed to my current rapid red...

OP
OP
The Shark

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
I started this thread but things have already changed for me. Last week I came across a '21 BL/BL at a dealer in Charlotte, NC, a few hours from where I live. I emailed them about it and they said it was available, someone ordered it and didn't follow through purchasing. It had everything on it I had ordered on the '22 and few things I hadn't. My first thought was lets see what I can get for my Outer Banks which had 1345 miles on it. First I looked at Carvana, put in my VIN answered a few questions and they came back with a offer of $40,450. I was stunned, I paid $36k for it 1.5 months earlier. Then I rode over to Carmax where they offered me $41k. Well needless to say I started getting really serious about the BL. After a little going back and forth we settled on a price, not really much negotiating these days. So I bought a BL that listed for $5k more than my OB for $1k more than what I got for the OB. What a crazy world we live in right now.

I'm pretty pleased with the BL so far, you really notice the power of the 2.0, much smoother than the 1.5, one thing I really noticed was the transition with the start/stop, you almost don't notice it with the 2.0, the 1.5 was much more pronounced. The BL came with the 235/65 Falkens, I was worried about the noise/ride but honestly I think with the enhanced suspension and tires its a quieter and smoother ride with better handling. Very impressed so far. Looking at the build date 6/10 and when the dealer took delivery it must have been one of the lot rot editions waiting for a chip. Guessing the guy who ordered it found something else.

So what arrives in my mailbox the day after I bought the BL, a email from Ford telling me the '22 is scheduled for production the week of Dec 6th. If it actually does get built then and arrives maybe sometime in January I might just have to check Carmax and Carvana again. :)
Ford Bronco Sport I bit the bullet and ordered a '22 Badlands IMG_2472

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My cyber orange badlands ordered on the 30th of September went in with the trailer option. I don't even have a trailer but figured it can't be added later so better get it. Copilot was a skip though. I don't need something else to break on me. Now all I need is my email for scheduling. I don't think it's ever coming.
The copilot is ? worth it and it won’t break. I’ve had it on my 2018 edge without any issues at all. If you can add it to your order I would definitely consider it if I was you and it will help with the resale if you decide to sell in the future

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I started this thread but things have already changed for me. Last week I came across a '21 BL/BL at a dealer in Charlotte, NC, a few hours from where I live. I emailed them about it and they said it was available, someone ordered it and didn't follow through purchasing. It had everything on it I had ordered on the '22 and few things I hadn't. My first thought was lets see what I can get for my Outer Banks which had 1345 miles on it. First I looked at Carvana, put in my VIN answered a few questions and they came back with a offer of $40,450. I was stunned, I paid $36k for it 1.5 months earlier. Then I rode over to Carmax where they offered me $41k. Well needless to say I started getting really serious about the BL. After a little going back and forth we settled on a price, not really much negotiating these days. So I bought a BL that listed for $5k more than my OB for $1k more than what I got for the OB. What a crazy world we live in right now.

I'm pretty pleased with the BL so far, you really notice the power of the 2.0, much smoother than the 1.5, one thing I really noticed was the transition with the start/stop, you almost don't notice it with the 2.0, the 1.5 was much more pronounced. The BL came with the 235/65 Falkens, I was worried about the noise/ride but honestly I think with the enhanced suspension and tires its a quieter and smoother ride with better handling. Very impressed so far. Looking at the build date 6/10 and when the dealer took delivery it must have been one of the lot rot editions waiting for a chip. Guessing the guy who ordered it found something else.

So what arrives in my mailbox the day after I bought the BL, a email from Ford telling me the '22 is scheduled for production the week of Dec 6th. If it actually does get built then and arrives maybe sometime in January I might just have to check Carmax and Carvana again. :)
Just FYI for some reason the Badlands and first edition sports are getting lowball offers from all these car places. People are making a profit on the big bands and outer banks but would be taking a loss with the badlands. If you could really afford to buy both and sell the 22 privately you might just be better off canceling the order

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray

Nice color combo. Those tires are super on roads and woods . Enjoy

Ford Bronco Sport I bit the bullet and ordered a '22 Badlands 11FEAE63-DE4A-4BFD-9890-1F0CB567581F

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I apologize in advance if anyone gets mad about my opinion, and will admit that the co pilot 360 system could possibly save my life in certain situations, but I still think it is not necessary 99% of the time if the driver is paying attention.

Blind spot detection - Situational awareness and using your own eyes negates most of this advantage.

Lane keeping - Since the first lines were painted on the roads people knew to stay between them. Mostly helps sleepy people. If your sleepy you shouldn't be driving in the first place.

Pre collision braking - one of the more useful defensive systems against other drivers so no problem with this one

Adaptive cruise control - Its called cruise control, not auto pilot. If you pay attention to what your doing you will notice if your approaching a car doing 20 in a 90. Mostly for lazy distracted drivers.

Evasive steering - this feature even says it wont steer for you just help if you do the right thing in the first place

Rear view camera - isn't this one required by law on new cars anyway? my current 2010 doesn't have it and I can still back up.

Active park assist - more useful in big cities which I avoid like the plague. No where I go requires parallel parking though I did learn how to do that decades ago.

Auto high beams - I have driven for over 20 years and can count the number of times I used high beams on one hand. Its just not something I use, and I drive mostly at night so in a way its strange I don't use them.

Blis trailer coverage - Did get the tow package, never tow anything. Its just there because it cant be added later easily.

Pro trailer backup - Same as above.

Hill descent control - I don't go off-road, never will if I can help it so the only road with hills I use is at the border of Georgia going north on 75.

Those features are from fords own page about 360 so if that info is wrong then oops. But since I read about the features and decided I didn't need them I never tried to confirm them.

Again I am sorry if anyone gets mad and thinks I am an idiot for not getting the co pilot 360 on my sport, but I just don't see the value in it for someone like me. Resale might be higher in some cases but I keep my vehicles 10+ years at which point they have no value anyway. Once I buy it I consider the money gone for good.
Sponsored