BenOutside85

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic, Subaru Outback
Any updates for those who placed orders in Oct? I placed mine 10/31, nothing yet for me besides the confirm email.
Sponsored

gibsonc7r

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecosport
Any updates for those who placed orders in Oct? I placed mine 10/31, nothing yet for me besides the confirm email.
They haven’t scheduled any orders since a week or two before you ordered due to delays.

bowhunter3714

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
I texted my dealer about production dates as well as Window sticker and VIN number. He called me back the next day. Told me at a minimum it would be 2 months before I receive a build date but possibly longer.

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
When I picked up my 21 badlands last Friday my sales person told me I have a unicorn because you can’t order the sunroof with the Badlands package in a 22. I said I thought you can add it as a separate option and he said you can on the website but it doesn’t let you submit. I wonder if anyone has run into this?

gibsonc7r

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecosport
I texted my dealer about production dates as well as Window sticker and VIN number. He called me back the next day. Told me at a minimum it would be 2 months before I receive a build date but possibly longer.
When did you order? Or did you order a part that’s in short supply?

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
When I picked up my 21 badlands last Friday my sales person told me I have a unicorn because you can’t order the sunroof with the Badlands package in a 22. I said I thought you can add it as a separate option and he said you can on the website but it doesn’t let you submit. I wonder if anyone has run into this?
Your sales person is misinformed. ...seems to be pretty much normal these days, unfortunately.

The Badlands package was renamed to the Premium package for '22, it no longer includes the moon roof. Moon roof on the '22 is available in ALL TRIMS, regardless of which other options or packages are selected. It's a separate option of its own.

When order banks for the '22s opened on 8/30, the moon roof and the Badlands Premium package were not selectable options due to parts constraints. Over the following weeks, these options became available in the system. They were both available as of about 9/20, give or take. We put in our order for a Badlands + Premium + moon roof as well as 360+ and tow. On 10/6, received our VIN and build date on 10/10.

The Badlands + Premium package has remained consistently available for ordering. However, the moon roof seems to come and go. It will disappear from the order banks and then reappear when Ford secures orders for the necessary components. But this moon roof availability has nothing to do with Badlands/ Premium or any other trim or package. Your salesperson or dealership may have run into the moon roof not being available when they tried to submit.

Some '21 Badlands+ BL package Sports were built without the moon roof due to parts shortage.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Your sales person is misinformed. ...seems to be pretty much normal these days, unfortunately.

The Badlands package was renamed to the Premium package for '22, it no longer includes the moon roof. Moon roof on the '22 is available in ALL TRIMS, regardless of which other options or packages are selected. It's a separate option of its own.

When order banks for the '22s opened on 8/30, the moon roof and the Badlands Premium package were not selectable options due to parts constraints. Over the following weeks, these options became available in the system. They were both available as of about 9/20, give or take. We put in our order for a Badlands + Premium + moon roof as well as 360+ and tow. On 10/6, received our VIN and build date on 10/10.

The Badlands + Premium package has remained consistently available for ordering. However, the moon roof seems to come and go. It will disappear from the order banks and then reappear when Ford secures orders for the necessary components. But this moon roof availability has nothing to do with Badlands/ Premium or any other trim or package. Your salesperson or dealership may have run into the moon roof not being available when they tried to submit.

Some '21 Badlands+ BL package Sports were built without the moon roof due to parts shortage.
Moonroof is not available on the base, and it is a separate option on the other trims, but it is not available by itself. In order to get it on BB, OB and BL you have to add the convenience, tech, or premium package respectively. When you try to add it the build and price informs you that the other packages are required.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Moonroof is not available on the base, and it is a separate option on the other trims, but it is not available by itself. In order to get it on BB, OB and BL you have to add the convenience, tech, or premium package respectively. When you try to add it the build and price informs you that the other packages are required.
That is correct. If you get the moonroof on a badlands you have to get the premium package. However if you get the premium package, you are not required to get the moonroof. Weird system but absolutely true.b

Ford Bronco Sport I bit the bullet and ordered a '22 Badlands A4E484EB-C343-485F-9B38-F9132D901847

Attachments

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
I guess I keep forgetting it requires the convenience or optional package on the respective trims to add it. Same with the base config, but hey, it’s basic base so there’s that.

gibsonc7r

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecosport
We ordered on October 8th. Badlands, premium package, 360, tow package and no moon roof.

Hmmm, maybe he meant at least 2 months until it’s built? Before the 22’s started production, people were getting build weeks within 10 days of ordering.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I ordered on November 1, 2021. I got my vin today. Scheduled the week of January 24th, 2022. Badlands with tow but no premium or 360.

bowhunter3714

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Hmmm, maybe he meant at least 2 months until it’s built? Before the 22’s started production, people were getting build weeks within 10 days of ordering.
Well, Dealers call wife today. She called me, told me to check my email. Build week of January 24th. Good to know.

Ford Bronco Sport I bit the bullet and ordered a '22 Badlands Screenshot_20211118-142935_Yahoo Mail

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Well, Dealers call wife today. She called me, told me to check my email. Build week of January 24th. Good to know.

Ford Bronco Sport I bit the bullet and ordered a '22 Badlands Screenshot_20211118-142935_Yahoo Mail
Same email as well! Congrats!
Sponsored