The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
I've been loving my BS OB but I've had buyers remorse because I didn't get exactly what I wanted which was a BL. I settled for what I could get at the time which was the OB so I said the heck with it you only live once and contacted my Ford dealer and he put in a order yesterday for a '22 Cyber Orange BL. Added the Premium Package, Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+, and the Cargo Management System.

Can't wait but probably will have too after hearing Tim Bartz say Ford is accepting only 8% of BS orders as BL.

I'm expecting the OB to hold its value which makes this all possible.
Sponsored

ESBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Fusion 15 Patriot 03 CooperS 85 F150
I've been loving my BS OB but I've had buyers remorse because I didn't get exactly what I wanted which was a BL. I settled for what I could get at the time which was the OB so I said the heck with it you only live once and contacted my Ford dealer and he put in a order yesterday for a '22 Cyber Orange BL. Added the Premium Package, Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+, and the Cargo Management System.

Can't wait but probably will have too after hearing Tim Bartz say Ford is accepting only 8% of BS orders as BL.

Planning on ordering a similar build soon myself. The 8% doesn’t give the warm and fuzzies though. Guess I better get off my laurels and order it. I was hoping to see one in the new bronze smoke color first

Pinski66

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger,
Hopefully you can get a good amount on your OB !

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I love my BL and have the same equipment as your order. I feel it is a great vehicle and a definite upgrade from my BB.

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

I ordered my BL on 9/3 and already have a schedule date for week of 11/29. I did a nationwide search today and found 3837 BS's for sale, and only 259 were BL's. That works out to 6.8%. So I guess 8% is a slight improvement.

OP
OP
The Shark

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my BL on 9/3 and already have a schedule date for week of 11/29. I did a nationwide search today and found 3837 BS's for sale, and only 259 were BL's. That works out to 6.8%. So I guess 8% is a slight improvement.
Man, lucky you, I hope some of your luck can rub off on me. :)

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Boy am I glad I ordered early then for my BL with only an 8% build amount. I ordered on 9/10 and am slotted for a production week of 11/22.

Anyone have that reference to the 8% on the web?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I heard a little over 10% were BLs in 2021MY. So if 8% is true they are dropping it some. That is fine with me. Makes the BL a rarer item. I often wonder if it will only be a few years of BLs once the Bronco is out. Then it will really be a rare bird.

I have a 2011 FJ Cruiser that people keep trying to buy. Nope. Even trading in a 2017 so we can keep the FJ. IT is another one of those people want and cant get anymore vehicles.

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe that the lower % of Badlands is do to contraints. I don't believe for a minute that Ford is intentionally building less of them. Hopefully moving forward, these constraints will go away.

If you look on Ford dealer lots right now, almost all the vehicles are the high end models whether it be an F150 or Explorer etc. Ford and the dealers make more profit on the high end models. The Badlands is the highest priced model and they will sell as many as they can make. Remember that there were issues with the BL package on 2021 models because it included the moonroof. Also there were issues with 2.0 availability. And toss in the recalls and chip issues, you have your perfect storm.

OP
OP
The Shark

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe the 8% was referring to the next round of scheduling for the BS, not the whole model year.

OP
OP
The Shark

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe that the lower % of Badlands is do to contraints. I don't believe for a minute that Ford is intentionally building less of them. Hopefully moving forward, these constraints will go away.

If you look on Ford dealer lots right now, almost all the vehicles are the high end models whether it be an F150 or Explorer etc. Ford and the dealers make more profit on the high end models. The Badlands is the highest priced model and they will sell as many as they can make. Remember that there were issues with the BL package on 2021 models because it included the moonroof. Also there were issues with 2.0 availability. And toss in the recalls and chip issues, you have your perfect storm.
I think that was probably the big reason why Ford pulled the moonroof out of the premium package and made it ala carte. People were waiting for their BL/BL and one of the things holding them up were no moonroofs. It was probably a good move because I'm sure there were people who didn't even want the moonroof and their BS's were being held up. Make it ala carte and if you really want it and don't mind waiting then so be it. I can totally live without the moonroof and I'm saving some money since the premium package is $2035 and the BL package was $2695.

OP
OP
The Shark

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was just comparing my DORA for my '22 with the build for the '21 on the Ford Website.
MSRP for the BL for '22 is $33935 compared to $33360. Cyber Orange paint $795 compared to $595, Co-Pilot360+ is the same at $895 and the Cargo Management System stays the same at $110. I asked the dealer about adding the Trailer Tow Package but he said it was coming up as a constraint.

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I asked the dealer about adding the Trailer Tow Package but he said it was coming up as a constraint.
My cyber orange badlands ordered on the 30th of September went in with the trailer option. I don't even have a trailer but figured it can't be added later so better get it. Copilot was a skip though. I don't need something else to break on me. Now all I need is my email for scheduling. I don't think it's ever coming.

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
Placed an order for my 22 BL on 9/29. No build date yet but have a 10 priority code so hoping my wait won’t be too long.

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My cyber orange badlands ordered on the 30th of September went in with the trailer option. I don't even have a trailer but figured it can't be added later so better get it. Copilot was a skip though. I don't need something else to break on me. Now all I need is my email for scheduling. I don't think it's ever coming.
I got my email two weeks after I got verbal confirmation from my dealer. If you have a verbal from your dealer then you'r good to go.
Sponsored