Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS

Edit, I have finally finished looking at the full video. If you are the rare individual, that would tackle this job, yourself, you should pay close attention to and look at the whole video! In addition to the PIA installation of the 1" front subframe drop, which corrects the CV joint angles, there is some clearancing that needs to be done for the steering. Also, the F&R brake line relocation is a little more involved, than I would have thought.

For those of you who might be considering this or FlatOut's coilovers, you might want to check out my Frankenstein Lift idea thread and combine the best parts of the HRG 2.5" lift with a set of FlatOut coilovers.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/frankenstein-lift-idea.7787/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Well. If I were paid off, and not worried about warranty issues hahaha. That’s a bit more invasive than I am keen to do.

Definitely on the “Bucket List” tho. Ingenious solution if you ask me. Had no idea that was even possible.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
If I followed the procedures correctly, this kit appears to avoid issues with driveline geometry. In other words, the angle between the drive shafts and axles will not change significantly if this kit is properly installed. Did I miss anything?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
If I followed the procedures correctly, this kit appears to avoid issues with driveline geometry. In other words, the angle between the drive shafts and axles will not change significantly if this kit is properly installed. Did I miss anything?
That's how I take it as well atleast to the extent the other kits do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bluebaru

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
That’s a bit more invasive than I am keen to do.
That's my thinking also.

That's how I take it as well atleast to the extent the other kits do.
I haven't looked at the whole video yet, just the front, so far, so I'm not sure how much he drops the rear sub-frame but in front he drops the sub-frame 1" on a 2.5" lift, so the suspension geometry would be the same as a 1.5" lift, without a sub-frame drop.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
That's my thinking also.

I haven't looked at the whole video yet, just the front, so far, so I'm not sure how much he drops the rear sub-frame but in front he drops the sub-frame 1" on a 2.5" lift, so the suspension geometry would be the same as a 1.5" lift, without a sub-frame drop.
Agreed. Keeps it inline with current lifts as far as geometry changes.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
You don’t actually gain anything by going to the 2.5 from the 1.5.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
And you’ve lowered the underbody an inch. It’s kind of a wash
You don't lower anything. The kit lifts the unibody 2.5 inches, and the subframe 1.5 inches. Yes, there are still parts of the vehicle that are at the same overall ground clearance as with the 1.5 inch lift, but lifting the unibody a further inch provides better approach, departure, and breakover angles. If your only measure is ground clearance then yes, there is no gain over the 1.5 inch lift. But ground clearance isn't the be-all-end-all for off roading. Improving approach, departure, and breakover angles is one of the primary reasons people lift their vehicles. In that regard, this kit is a net gain over the 1.5 inch lift.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
And you’ve lowered the underbody an inch. It’s kind of a wash
Yeah but one gets that jacked up lifted look which some ppl like. Gotta take a bunch of stuff apart for the install but you know easy peasy right? Keep up with the Jeeps on the rough trails and what not...

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think the 1.5 "HRG lift is enough.
After watching the 2.5" installation video and the final results, seems like HRG is trying to turn the BS into something it's not.
The BS will never be a Jeep or full size Bronco. If you want the 2.5" lift so you can install big tires, mission accomplished. The independent suspension doesn't offer enough articulation without actually binding up the CV joints or being on the verge of. The sub frame spacers do help in relieving that aspect. For my needs I'll pass.
Sponsored