How long is a week?

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
So… my Bronco Sport is in St. Louis. Ford rep said it’s at “the junction” and no longer on rail car. Nothing further than that. :)
St. Louis is the major rail yard where they normally switch to the CSX railway. I believe they were on the UP one from Arizona. CSX is the major rail up the east coast.
Sponsored

sholescurtis

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
St. Louis is the major rail yard where they normally switch to the CSX railway. I believe they were on the UP one from Arizona. CSX is the major rail up the east coast.
How do you know so much about this?! You give me more info than Ford does! Thank you

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
How do you know so much about this?! You give me more info than Ford does! Thank you
Being curious too. I have a friend who has already been through the process with a couple of Maverick’s and Bronco Sports (lucky sob 😉). He did a bunch of this research too and saved everything. He even has maps of the railways. I find it fascinating.

sholescurtis

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Being curious too. I have a friend who has already been through the process with a couple of Maverick’s and Bronco Sports (lucky sob 😉). He did a bunch of this research too and saved everything. He even has maps of the railways. I find it fascinating.
Wow! That’s incredible.

OP
OP
jsf

jsf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX
And, as I had not hoped, but expected:
"Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of January 13, 2023, and January 19, 2023, has been updated to between February 11, 2023, and February 17, 2023."

So I guess January 16th is out. Given the delay in notifying about shipment, which is what caused me to start this thread, I now know the answer.

GatorH

Outer Banks
First Name
Halli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23MY BS OBX ordered 8/24
And, as I had not hoped, but expected:
"Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of January 13, 2023, and January 19, 2023, has been updated to between February 11, 2023, and February 17, 2023."

So I guess January 16th is out. Given the delay in notifying about shipment, which is what caused me to start this thread, I now know the answer.
At least you got an update. My expected delivery date from my “congrats your bronco is built” email on 12/9 was 12/24-12/30. And it still has not shipped. No updates. Dealer has no info. Tracker still stuck on “waiting to ship”.
I’ve been super patient but am starting to lose hope.

sholescurtis

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
So my new OB was built 12/13 and they said arranging shipping could take "up to a week." People more experienced than me: is this more likely a shipping delay or an updating-the-database delay?
[/Q

Got the call from my dealer that my BS BB is here! (Maine) As a recap, it was in St Louis at last check…expected arrival went from mid Jan to start of Feb, so it fell in between.

I told the salesman that I was surprised to hear it arrived already, he replied “So are we!”
Now if the back to back snow storms would stop here, I could find the time to drive the hour and 20 mins to its location to start negotiations on my trade in. Does anyone know if Ford is giving any incentives for special orders now? At one point dealers were even matching them which was major, but I suspect that’s long gone. They told me it was dependent on what Ford offers, when the vehicle was actually on the the lot. 🤷‍♀️

OP
OP
jsf

jsf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX
Thanks, Karen... You inspired me to call Ford again, and it turns out mine is in Albany, about 50 miles from the dealership, and they now say it will get there by Friday. (Of course, we're in the midst of two stormstorms up here in the Berkshires, so I suspect Friday really means sometime next week...) The way the date keeps shifting around, you'd almost think Ford didn't have a good handle on this stuff... ;)

BodieBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2023
Fyi... my car shipped and i got the eta email. Earlier than i expected,, my dealer called and told me my car was at the railyardc in town. Untied road tracking did not work for me because i am in Texas. However, it took over 2 weeks for my car to get from the railyard to the dealership. Ford and my dealer couldn't do a thing. It was a shortage of truck drivers and was all delivery transport company issues. Nothing ford could do either but wait.

sholescurtis

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Thanks, Karen... You inspired me to call Ford again, and it turns out mine is in Albany, about 50 miles from the dealership, and they now say it will get there by Friday. (Of course, we're in the midst of two stormstorms up here in the Berkshires, so I suspect Friday really means sometime next week...) The way the date keeps shifting around, you'd almost think Ford didn't have a good handle on this stuff... ;)
Right? It really must a sign of the times. I did appreciate the updates when I did get them. I don’t know that I’ll be getting mine before the weekend either… short days, work, hour commute and snowstorms as well. Good luck!

sholescurtis

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Fyi... my car shipped and i got the eta email. Earlier than i expected,, my dealer called and told me my car was at the railyardc in town. Untied road tracking did not work for me because i am in Texas. However, it took over 2 weeks for my car to get from the railyard to the dealership. Ford and my dealer couldn't do a thing. It was a shortage of truck drivers and was all delivery transport company issues. Nothing ford could do either but wait.
State of the country/world I suspect. Yay for you!

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Well… my last update was sitting in Kansas City with an ETA of 18-24 to my dealer. That was my third ETA. So here it is on the 23rd and nothing. So what did I do? I called Ford. Guess what? I have a new ETA. My fourth one. It’s still sitting in Kansas City. But if I heard the representative correctly, she said it was received by the carrier and the new ETA is the 20-26th. So I am now halfway through my new ETA. Yay!!!

sholescurtis

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Well… my last update was sitting in Kansas City with an ETA of 18-24 to my dealer. That was my third ETA. So here it is on the 23rd and nothing. So what did I do? I called Ford. Guess what? I have a new ETA. My fourth one. It’s still sitting in Kansas City. But if I heard the representative correctly, she said it was received by the carrier and the new ETA is the 20-26th. So I am now halfway through my new ETA. Yay!!!
Just when we get frustrated and don’t think it’ll ever happen, surprise! Good luck!

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S