jsf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX
So my new OB was built 12/13 and they said arranging shipping could take "up to a week." People more experienced than me: is this more likely a shipping delay or an updating-the-database delay?
Sponsored

Mrouse53

Big Bend
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
So my new OB was built 12/13 and they said arranging shipping could take "up to a week." People more experienced than me: is this more likely a shipping delay or an updating-the-database delay?
Glad to see your thread. Mine was 12/16 built, and said a few days to week shipping. Delivery to dealership janb2 to 8th

Watching for responses to your post!

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Mine was built on the 12th and I also have an ETA to my dealer, however I have yet to receive the shipment email. Unless it was shipped incognito (without a manifest), I’m pretty sure it’s not going to hit the ETA. Note: when I called Ford Customer Support, their system showed the last update was on the 19th and I called on the 22nd. My dealer had the same information on the 23rd and I could see the last update was also on the 19th too. I found that odd.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
A few days until it gets on a train car maybe! Then it has to travel through a transfer hub to get to a NY bound freight train. After it finally gets close to you it will sit in a train yard until a truck heading towards your dealer picks it up and delivers it. Mine took 4 weeks from when it got on a train to when it was delivered to my dealer. Mine did include extra days for a truck to fill for my remote location and then 3 days for room on a freight boat. I would figure 3 weeks after it gets on a train assuming no rail supply chain issues on the way.

After a week or so you can ask your dealer for a Visibility Report on your vehicle. This will give you the rail car number and its current location.

Mrouse53

Big Bend
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Oh wow! That's a trip!!! Hope mine hops off going thru Texas! I'll be waiting!

hemyer

First Name
Hannah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Following this thread! I was told mine was built on 12/17 with an estimated delivery of Jan 12-18. Still waiting for it to show as "shipped" though...

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Here's my scenario:

1st E-mail 17 August Order confirmed
2nd E-mail 1 November Build week of 5 December
3rd E-mail 11 Dec Vehicle built
4th E-mail 12 Dec Vehicle shipped

Expected delivery date to dealer 6-12 January

Cactus Gray '23 OBX (technology, co-pilot 360assist+, moonroof)

OP
OP
jsf

jsf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX
Yeah, that's the part that puzzles me. Yours was built two days before mine, but you got a shipping date (to Syracuse) a day later. Mine (which is coming to a dealer in Vermont, and is scheduled for the second week in January for delivery) is still waiting for the shipping email, 14 days later. But others appear to be in the same position. so I will assume (hope?) that this is a problem with updating the database. Otherwise, the delivery date of mid-January will depend on the train in Snowpiercer.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Yeah, that's the part that puzzles me. Yours was built two days before mine, but you got a shipping date (to Syracuse) a day later. Mine (which is coming to a dealer in Vermont, and is scheduled for the second week in January for delivery) is still waiting for the shipping email, 14 days later. But others appear to be in the same position. so I will assume (hope?) that this is a problem with updating the database. Otherwise, the delivery date of mid-January will depend on the train in Snowpiercer.

I wonder if the dealer used makes any difference. Some may get a priority over another.

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
You know, I was thinking of asking this same question on this forum. Mine was built Dec. 19 and I still haven't received a shipped notification. Although it hasn't been that long, it's still longer than when my Maverick was built. That only took two days to get from built to shipped. And yet, production was worse last year and somehow it was handled faster. I know it's bound to come but I just want it already! The anticipation is killing me!

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
You know, I was thinking of asking this same question on this forum. Mine was built Dec. 19 and I still haven't received a shipped notification. Although it hasn't been that long, it's still longer than when my Maverick was built. That only took two days to get from built to shipped. And yet, production was worse last year and somehow it was handled faster. I know it's bound to come but I just want it already! The anticipation is killing me!
I don’t think it’s the dealer because mine has already received ‘23 Mavericks and has more on the way. I was wondering if maybe it had to do with filling railcars to a certain area based on the ramp number? Mine is going to the Midwest (Kansas). I believe the plant is down this week for the holidays, but does that also mean no shipping? If so, it’s going to be a LONG week. The dealer is expecting mine to be the first ‘23 received; go figure.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Mine sat waiting to be shipped for weeks, along with a few others on this forum. The dealership would have an effect on when it was built, but not when it ships (at least that anyone knows about). When it comes to shipping, Ford basically has no control and any information you get is pure speculation.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
You can assume about a month give or take a week from shipping to delivery at your dealer. Bigger issues lately have been getting them trucked from the last train stop to the dealer because of driver shortages and fewer vehicles being delivered.

OP
OP
jsf

jsf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX
You can assume about a month give or take a week from shipping to delivery at your dealer.
Exactly. Since they haven't changed my dealer delivery date from mid-January, nor have they told me the car has shipped, one of them has to be wrong! I just want to know which one.

JCap

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am also waiting on mine to show Shipped. My 23’ OB shows as Built on 12/10 but hasn’t changed over to Shipped for 2 weeks now. I did contact Ford support and they said arrival is estimated (and they really emphasized the estimated part) as 1/10/23 through 1/16/23 and that I should contact my dealer for more info. I tried to contact my dealer and I either have the most incompetent sales person or a bad dealership, but they can never tell me anything. They never have new info, never reach out with updates and tell me to keep holding out or to contact Ford again. It’s been a less than great experience for me.
Sponsored

Last edited: