Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
My factory Continentals are crap. 12,000 miles now with 5/32 tread left. Mine may make it till December.
One year, that’s sad. I’m done with continentals. Used to have good luck with them. They churned out something cheap to win the contract and lost a customer.
I take my corners easy, I drive easy so that’s that.
Sponsored

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Ours has Michelin tires & expecting at least 40-50K before I even think about replacements . I have used many Michelin Tires on my Trucks & Cars , the last set Michelins I changed out on my F150 had 70K .We will see how that goes , BS has over 5 K on them now.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This would make a good poll. What are people replacing their stock tires with once the stocks are run down. BFG KO2, Toyo, Falken, etc
I bought some Toyo suppose to arrive Friday can’t wait to get them on.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm not really qualified to comment on "rubbing" issues because if my vehicle ever goes off-road it is because I got lost and made a wrong turn somewhere. I personally don't drive very much and don't care one whit about MPG. These K02s are relatively heavy tires and will definitely reduce your MPG figures but the effect on MPH is negligible in my opinion. I'm more interested in what happens when you hit a pot hole at speed with an 8 ply light truck rated tire as compared to the 4 ply tires that ford gave us. I'm 73 years old and don't want to physically change a tire with my current health issues.
They definitely add bad factor!

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ours has Michelin tires & expecting at least 40-50K before I even think about replacements . I have used many Michelin Tires on my Trucks & Cars , the last set Michelins I changed out on my F150 had 70K .We will see how that goes , BS has over 5 K on them now.
Good to hear, my BB has Michelin tires on the optional larger wheels. They look great but will cost a bit more to replace compared to the stock BB wheels. Fwiw, Continentals have received the most complaints on here and other forums.

OP
OP
Sensei

Sensei

Big Bend
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My factory Continentals are crap. 12,000 miles now with 5/32 tread left. Mine may make it till December.
One year, that’s sad. I’m done with continentals. Used to have good luck with them. They churned out something cheap to win the contract and lost a customer.
Same....crazy never had a tire go so fast.....

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
OE tires are designed to meet a certain price point. Never had Continentals but I've had a mixed bag of experiences with OE tires.

First car - came with Goodyears that were noisy as hell after 10k miles.
Second car - came with Yokohamas, same as the Goodyears, got super noisy after about 10k
Third car - came with Bridgestones, I only put about 17k on this car and the tires seemed to hold up well

I'm at 8500 on the Scorpion ATRs and so far they seem to be holding up well, I haven't noticed an increase in road noise as time has gone on. If I can't sell them for $150-$200 once I get the Scorpion All Season + then I'll just keep them as spares.

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Last Michelin tires on my F150 about 33,000 miles on them before I had to replace them, but that was after six years. They died of dry rot with tread left on them. Last time I got less than 40,000 miles on a set of tires was in the seventies and they were Uniroyals.

B-rock1975

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport badlands
This would make a good poll. What are people replacing their stock tires with once the stocks are run down. BFG KO2, Toyo, Falken, etc
Replaced terrible scorpion pirelli tires with Cooper discoverer at3 for east coast winters.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Replaced terrible scorpion pirelli tires with Cooper discoverer at3 for east coast winters.
Researching Pirellis I came to conclusion that they are adequate, far from terrible as you say. To each of his own.

B-rock1975

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport badlands
Researching Pirellis I came to conclusion that they are adequate, far from terrible as you say. To each of his own.
Id say adequate for dry conditions. Rain on the other hand, never shifted or hydroplaned more with theses tires than any brand I've ever had. Winter season in NJ kept me thinking . Replaced at 6500 miles But dry conditions good

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I agree; I've uses Pirellis on many vehicles and these ATR's are rated quite well against other brands. I'm at 14k and will ride them thru the winter.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Id say adequate for dry conditions. Rain on the other hand, never shifted or hydroplaned more with theses tires than any brand I've ever had. Winter season in NJ kept me thinking . Replaced at 6500 miles But dry conditions good
I had them on an edge sport and I can tell you they are not the best in snow. That’s the main reason I switched mine out too. I kept them though, contemplating having summer and winter sets.
Sponsored