ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm at 14k; looking to use them thru the winter and grab something in the spring

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
This would make a good poll. What are people replacing their stock tires with once the stocks are run down. BFG KO2, Toyo, Falken, etc

OP
OP
Sensei

Sensei

Big Bend
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Darn, anything less than 30k is pretty dismal for a modern tire. I’ve had a lot of tires go well beyond 50k. I’m in no hurry to replace the Wildpeaks, they have been a great tire so far.
I could probably get another 5k out of them, but its already at 4/32

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I was getting a rotation done at americas tire the other day and they were telling me the stock continentals are at 4/32 and it was time to replace. With 9,000 miles…. I did my own personal check and they definitely were just trying to sell me tires but I will say I don’t think these are going to last much over 12-15000 miles. Pretty pathetic

I want all terrains but can’t justify the $700 cost to my wife when the tires we have are okay lol

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
I am at 18k miles and already looking at a new set.....
Tires should last at least 30k+ miles. Anything less is seriously disappointing. I replaced tires on a CX-5 I used to have at around 40k and my Jetta, which i'll be trading in for my BS, currently has 27k miles with plenty of tread to go.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Asked the dealer to swap out for Falken's before I picked it up. Sold the stock ones online.

I am wondering though what mileage would have been prior. With the 245 Falkens I'm hanging around 28-29mpg with 89 octane, desparately trying to reach 30.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Darn, anything less than 30k is pretty dismal for a modern tire. I’ve had a lot of tires go well beyond 50k. I’m in no hurry to replace the Wildpeaks, they have been a great tire so far.
What manufacturers land in the 30-50k range, assuming fairly typical driving? I don't know much about who makes good tires these days.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
What manufacturers land in the 30-50k range, assuming fairly typical driving? I don't know much about who makes good tires these days.
Every tire has compromises, softer compounds create more grip but wear faster. For example, the Hankook tires that came on my Transit 250 had life left in them at 50k (some folks have pushed them to 70k), but they were designed for commercial use and long life. I replaced them with Cooper Discoverer AT3’s, which have excellent traction off road but they will probably last less than 40k. A sticky summer tire for a sports car might only last 15k.

OP
OP
Sensei

Sensei

Big Bend
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I was getting a rotation done at americas tire the other day and they were telling me the stock continentals are at 4/32 and it was time to replace. With 9,000 miles…. I did my own personal check and they definitely were just trying to sell me tires but I will say I don’t think these are going to last much over 12-15000 miles. Pretty pathetic

I want all terrains but can’t justify the $700 cost to my wife when the tires we have are okay lol
Yeah I don't know if I can justify 800 for the ATs. But I did check the tread, it was about at the wear indicator. Like I said MAYBE push it 3-5k more....but then I would slip and slide through a puddle.

Shorty

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Miata
Procrastinated for awhile but I'm sure glad I swapped out the Falkens for the 245/65 K02s. It's been said before but it completely changes the look and puts the "bad" in the badlands models. The 2 liter engine has plenty of power especially in the sport mode. I sold the Falkens for $300 on craigslist so I got a great upgrade for around $500 net.
Ford Bronco Sport How long did your stock tires last? K02

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Procrastinated for awhile but I'm sure glad I swapped out the Falkens for the 245/65 K02s. It's been said before but it completely changes the look and puts the "bad" in the badlands models. The 2 liter engine has plenty of power especially in the sport mode. I sold the Falkens for $300 on craigslist so I got a great upgrade for around $500 net.
Ford Bronco Sport How long did your stock tires last? K02
Any rubbing with the 245’s? Also how has it effected your MPH and MPG?

Shorty

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Miata
Any rubbing with the 245’s? Also how has it effected your MPH and MPG?
I'm not really qualified to comment on "rubbing" issues because if my vehicle ever goes off-road it is because I got lost and made a wrong turn somewhere. I personally don't drive very much and don't care one whit about MPG. These K02s are relatively heavy tires and will definitely reduce your MPG figures but the effect on MPH is negligible in my opinion. I'm more interested in what happens when you hit a pot hole at speed with an 8 ply light truck rated tire as compared to the 4 ply tires that ford gave us. I'm 73 years old and don't want to physically change a tire with my current health issues.
Sponsored