Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The hood shakes with a hood deflector or no hood deflector. . Just the BS. My hood does same thing before and after install. But the aeroskin 2 color and texture match everything on vehicle perfectly. My opinion
My BSBL hood shakes as well at certain speeds and perhaps wind conditions. No deflector installed.
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
My BSBL hood shakes as well at certain speeds and perhaps wind conditions. No deflector installed.
I wonder if this hood shaking issue can be resolved with adjusting the hood bumpers a little?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if this hood shaking issue can be resolved with adjusting the hood bumpers a little?
Mine shakes nearer to the windshield in the center.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder also if the hood insulation install would aid in shake and vibration.
I have the hood insulation and it still shakes. It not a lot but none of my other vehicles have ever done that.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
My Dec 21 built OB with no hood insulator doesn’t shake at least to 78mph, but wonder if anyone has tried this? (Not my idea but will certainly try if mine ever does start to shake).
There is a flimsy hollow rubber seal on top of the firewall that the rear of the hood rests on. Read somewhere this was a fix on an older F 150 hood shaking issue. Get a 5/16” OD piece of semi soft rubber hose & push to through the seal on top of firewall. That would strengthen the rear support for the hood without adding any hard contact points.
I’m wondering???

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Dec 21 built OB with no hood insulator doesn’t shake at least to 78mph, but wonder if anyone has tried this? (Not my idea but will certainly try if mine ever does start to shake).
There is a flimsy hollow rubber seal on top of the firewall that the rear of the hood rests on. Read somewhere this was a fix on an older F 150 hood shaking issue. Get a 5/16” OD piece of semi soft rubber hose & push to through the seal on top of firewall. That would strengthen the rear support for the hood without adding any hard contact points.
I’m wondering???
I might look at that. The shaking is very subtle. And only once in a while for me.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I wonder if anyone with the hood struts installed has any issues with the hood shaking. I’m thinking that the force they apply when compressed could stabilize the hood. Two birds with one stone, if I’m right.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
I wonder if anyone with the hood struts installed has any issues with the hood shaking. I’m thinking that the force they apply when compressed could stabilize the hood. Two birds with one stone, if I’m right.
Nope no shaking here with hoodstruts installed, I mean I didn‘t see any shaking before I put them on and surely there’s no shaking Now.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Hmm. Installed hood struts the next day, and since then (Mar 12), no shake, rattle, nor roll at any speeds...
(tho still trying to figure out best way to remove prop rod w/o unbolting fastners n' such)

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Hmm. Installed hood struts the next day, and since then (Mar 12), no shake, rattle, nor roll at any speeds...
(tho still trying to figure out best way to remove prop rod w/o unbolting fastners n' such)
What hood struts did you use

blankobject

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
Can anyone verify if there are any logos or markings on the Aeroskin 2 like what is pictured on the Ford website?
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Deflector Options ezgif.com-gif-maker

derickveliz

Badlands
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Bump!
Any more pictures of the WeatherTech hood protector?

D.