Codysooz

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I’ve seen 3 different companies that make hood deflectors for the BB; AVS, Weathertech, and EGR. The EGR looks a little sloppy. I’m not interested in the Aeroskin II considering the controversy it holds. Was wondering if anybody has pictures of the Aeroskin I as well as the Weathertech low profile deflector.
Sponsored

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Well if you can wait till Saturday April 2nd. Is my delivery date for the EGR Bug Shield, and I also currently have the Ford Bug Shield which looks to be made by LUND according to the Shipping Label I have on the box from Ford. So I’m going to have to make a decision on which bug shield I’m going to install, Steve

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Deflector Options 28B6CAE8-5FEE-472B-859F-4BF9C1F023A4

I’ve seen 3 different companies that make hood deflectors for the BB; AVS, Weathertech, and EGR. The EGR looks a little sloppy. I’m not interested in the Aeroskin II considering the controversy it holds. Was wondering if anybody has pictures of the Aeroskin I as well as the Weathertech low profile deflector.

OP
OP
Codysooz

Codysooz

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Well if you can wait till Saturday April 2nd. Is my delivery date for the EGR Bug Shield, and I also currently have the Ford Bug Shield which looks to be made by LUND according to the Shipping Label I have on the box from Ford. So I’m going to have to make a decision on which bug shield I’m going to install, Steve

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Deflector Options 28B6CAE8-5FEE-472B-859F-4BF9C1F023A4
Thank you Steve!

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Deflector Options 1648507728906

Aeroskin I
  • lays flat, doesn't allow crap (leaf litter, maple twirllies, road dirt) to build up behind deflector. Had a deflector on the Ranger which was somewhat of a pain in the ass to clean and wax the hood in the tight area behind the deflector
  • terminal point of aeroskin matches grill line creating a continuous effect appearing to be a single unit (see pic)
  • bugs not really my issue as much as stone chips on the leading edge of hood

tifpwg

Outer Banks
First Name
Tif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
What's the controversy with the Aeroskin II?? I'm getting it installed when my BS gets delivered to the dealer ?

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
my Weathertech one is supposed to arrive on Thur so I will post up pic once its installed

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
my Weathertech one is supposed to arrive on Thur so I will post up pic once its installed
Watching for your pics & comments. I'm between this one or a 6" PPF strip.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree with your thoughts on EGR hood deflector from what I've seen on line. However, just installed EGR Vent Shades today. As far as I'm concerned they are great!. I've used AVS for years but the for the BS application anyway really the best I've seen on driver/pax doors. Time will tell on back doors.
Appreciate your comments.

OP
OP
Codysooz

Codysooz

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
What's the controversy with the Aeroskin II?? I'm getting it installed when my BS gets delivered to the dealer ?
People have reported that the 2s cause hood shaking at highway speeds as well as a loss in fuel efficiency. Not all people have experienced this however. I don’t to have you second guess your purchase! Haha

tifpwg

Outer Banks
First Name
Tif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
People have reported that the 2s cause hood shaking at highway speeds as well as a loss in fuel efficiency. Not all people have experienced this however. I don’t to have you second guess your purchase! Haha
Thanks for the info!

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
I went with the AVS because of the low profile. I didn't quite get it centered, off by a couple millimeters. Stuck on there pretty good, it's not coming off. Wonder what will happen to the paint if I ever pull it off.

Here in MN during warmer winter days I go to the self serve car wash to rinse off the salt and grime. My concern is if water gets underneath the deflector, will it freeze and expand, cracking it. So far so good.

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Deflector Options avs

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where are ya'll buying your EGR products?
Got my EGR vent shades from Realtruck.com. They had 20% off sale 3/2/22 not sure if still on. Very quick free shipping. I really like the vent shades. FYI front ones have to be bent quite a bit & instructions say should be 60 deg F +. It was 80 here ystdy & I left out in sun a bit so was pretty easy.
Sponsored