Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Got my EGR vent shades from Realtruck.com. They had 20% off sale 3/2/22 not sure if still on. Very quick free shipping. I really like the vent shades. FYI front ones have to be bent quite a bit & instructions say should be 60 deg F +. It was 80 here ystdy & I left out in sun a bit so was pretty easy.
Ordered vent shades and bug shield in matte black. I also ordered a set of side nerf bars in matte. They had exactly what I've been looking for, thanks!

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
People have reported that the 2s cause hood shaking at highway speeds as well as a loss in fuel efficiency. Not all people have experienced this however. I don’t to have you second guess your purchase! Haha
That's nonsense, I've been using the AVS 2 for 8 months now. The hood is just a flimsy hood with little bracing underneath, you notice how light it is when you open the hood. I still get 30 mpg using the AVS 2 even with a set of K02s, and it doesn't collect debris like other styles. If you want to get the AVS 2, you'll like it.

OP
OP
Codysooz

Codysooz

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
That's nonsense, I've been using the AVS 2 for 8 months now. The hood is just a flimsy hood with little bracing underneath, you notice how light it is when you open the hood. I still get 30 mpg using the AVS 2 even with a set of K02s, and it doesn't collect debris like other styles. If you want to get the AVS 2, you'll like it.
Like I said other people haven’t reported any issues with it. I’m just stating what has been said. I’m glad your deflector hasn’t had any issues!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I went with the AVS because of the low profile. I didn't quite get it centered, off by a couple millimeters. Stuck on there pretty good, it's not coming off. Wonder what will happen to the paint if I ever pull it off.
The adhesive gets soft with heat. You should be able to use a blow drier to get it hot enough to release. Start on one side, move the blow drier back and forth over over a 1 ft section of the deflector where the adhesive is. Once it's good and hot gently pull on the end of the deflector until the adhesive starts to release. Once you get it started hold a little upward pressure on the end as you apply heat to the section that has not released. You should be able to peel it right off without too much difficult. Double-sided 3M tape is available at your nearest hardware store to reinstall.

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
Update on the Weathertech Stone and Bug deflector install. Install is pretty straightforward BUT after installing it I couldn't for life of me get the hood to latch completely on either side. The middle catches fine. The instructions that come with it say to turn the bumper guards 1 1/2 turns counter clockwise. Doing this did not work. Tried turning more, still wouldn't catch. not sure what it is that is not letting catch.
going to go to the local weathertech store here in town (only about 2 miles from me) tomorrow and see what they say. if they cant get it work then i will return it. Shame too because I think this is a great product. It installs by taking the plastic clips under the hood that the rubber gasket attachs to. You remove those plastic clips and then use self tapping screws into the hole the plastic clips went. No tape to the top of the hood as this unit sits above the paint. The only contact point is under the hood.

Will update again once I see what they say.
Also installed the Weathertech mud flaps and will post pics after I get the deflector installed (if they can get to work)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Update on the Weathertech Stone and Bug deflector install. Install is pretty straightforward BUT after installing it I couldn't for life of me get the hood to latch completely on either side. The middle catches fine. The instructions that come with it say to turn the bumper guards 1 1/2 turns counter clockwise. Doing this did not work. Tried turning more, still wouldn't catch. not sure what it is that is not letting catch.
going to go to the local weathertech store here in town (only about 2 miles from me) tomorrow and see what they say. if they cant get it work then i will return it. Shame too because I think this is a great product. It installs by taking the plastic clips under the hood that the rubber gasket attachs to. You remove those plastic clips and then use self tapping screws into the hole the plastic clips went. No tape to the top of the hood as this unit sits above the paint. The only contact point is under the hood.

Will update again once I see what they say.
Also installed the Weathertech mud flaps and will post pics after I get the deflector installed (if they can get to work)
Looking forward to the update

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So went to Weathertech and had their installer try to get it to work. After awhile he was able to get it to work and make the hood close properly. Apparently the instructions included were generic. If anyone is looking to get this one the trick is to turn the hood bumpers by the radiator as far down as you can (instructions say 1 1/2 turns) but you need to go way more.

Anyway here is some pics with it installed. Does not touch the hood anywhere. as well as mud flaps
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Deflector Options Compress_20220402_145045_5364
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Deflector Options Compress_20220402_145045_5617
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Deflector Options Compress_20220402_145045_5500

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
So went to Weathertech and had their installer try to get it to work. After awhile he was able to get it to work and make the hood close properly. Apparently the instructions included were generic. If anyone is looking to get this one the trick is to turn the hood bumpers by the radiator as far down as you can (instructions say 1 1/2 turns) but you need to go way more.

Anyway here is some pics with it installed. Does not touch the hood anywhere. as well as mud flaps
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Deflector Options Compress_20220402_145045_5364
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Deflector Options Compress_20220402_145045_5617
Ford Bronco Sport Hood Deflector Options Compress_20220402_145045_5500
Hey Bill, on your hood deflector, if you dont mind me asking, how many screws there were and do you remove the rubber piece on the underside of the hood ? Thanks: Steve

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Bill, on your hood deflector, if you dont mind me asking, how many screws there were and do you remove the rubber piece on the underside of the hood ? Thanks: Steve
Steve,
There are a total of 6 self tapping screws. 4 along the front and 1 on each side. For all 6 you take out the plastic clip the rubber sits on. Then for the 4 in front you screw the self tapping with washer right thru the rubber gasket into the hole the clip was in. For the each side ones you just screw them into the hole directly and let the rubber gasket sit on top of the screw instead. Hope this helps.
I'll try to get some pics tomorrow when its daylight.

J.Wal

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
/QUOTE]

Thanks for the photos. This is the one I want to get!

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I’ve seen 3 different companies that make hood deflectors for the BB; AVS, Weathertech, and EGR. The EGR looks a little sloppy. I’m not interested in the Aeroskin II considering the controversy it holds. Was wondering if anybody has pictures of the Aeroskin I as well as the Weathertech low profile deflector.
Aeroskin 2

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Deflector Options 20220324_111840

GCross762

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
At Cody,
I installed my Aero Skin 2 and love the looks but........
Yes the hood dances a little but jumps when hitting a head wind. On a normal day without wind I was getting over 30mpg. Then I added the deflector and of coarse mother nature decided to have a windy week. My eco dropped to 25mpg. Today was the first non windy day and I got back to 30mpg but had to go from 75 mph to 72 to get that. I drive 174 miles round trip for work. 60miles is country back roads with little traffic. Rest is all freeway. My calculations is at the pump not from the lie o meter.
Just my experience.

OP
OP
Codysooz

Codysooz

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
At Cody,
I installed my Aero Skin 2 and love the looks but........
Yes the hood dances a little but jumps when hitting a head wind. On a normal day without wind I was getting over 30mpg. Then I added the deflector and of coarse mother nature decided to have a windy week. My eco dropped to 25mpg. Today was the first non windy day and I got back to 30mpg but had to go from 75 mph to 72 to get that. I drive 174 miles round trip for work. 60miles is country back roads with little traffic. Rest is all freeway. My calculations is at the pump not from the lie o meter.
Just my experience.
Thanks for this. This is good information for everyone. I think that’ll help with my decision

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Thanks for this. This is good information for everyone. I think that’ll help with my decision
The hood shakes with a hood deflector or no hood deflector. . Just the BS. My hood does same thing before and after install. But the aeroskin 2 color and texture match everything on vehicle perfectly. My opinion
Sponsored