mrsrebel

Big Bend
First Name
Mona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I don't recall hood shimmy before my Aeroskin 2 install but I sure do see it now. The reported gas mileage hasn't really changed though.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I don't recall hood shimmy before my Aeroskin 2 install but I sure do see it now. The reported gas mileage hasn't really changed though.
Mine shimmies at certain speeds. Looks like dogs lips in the wind exiting the car wash under the big hair dryer.

Ok Major, I need you now. :cool:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a bad one in the windshield before my deflector. I bought an epoxy kit from advanced auto; can't even see it anymore 🤙
Your local auto glass dealer can fix most chips. Little vacuum adapter pumps out the space then backfills with a super glue type sealant.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm wanting to order a deflector before mine arrives next month. I was leaning towards the aeroskin 2 but I do prefer a bolt on application over a glue on so the weathertec is on my radar as well. Part of my reasoning is the wife driving the BS. She's not super tall so in my other pickups the bug guard sticks up just enough to show her exactly where the end of the hood is for parking. May not be much of an issue since the bronco is more square and doesn't have the rolled over front end as much, but I'd rather get out ahead of an issue before it surfaces. Anyways, does the weathertec stick up above the hood line enough to be visible from inside? The aeroskin 2 looks like it definitely would with the part in the middle being upright. Also since this thread is 6 months old, how has the glue been holding up on those with the aeroskin?

DatWayMon

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I've had the Aeroskin 2 installed for well over six months now and have had zero issues with it. It's been through Death Valley heat and High Sierra snow and hasn't budge in the slightest. The bump to push the airflow up over the vehicle works quite well too. The number of dead bugs on the windshield has reduced by at least 90%.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm wanting to order a deflector before mine arrives next month. I was leaning towards the aeroskin 2 but I do prefer a bolt on application over a glue on so the weathertec is on my radar as well. Part of my reasoning is the wife driving the BS. She's not super tall so in my other pickups the bug guard sticks up just enough to show her exactly where the end of the hood is for parking. May not be much of an issue since the bronco is more square and doesn't have the rolled over front end as much, but I'd rather get out ahead of an issue before it surfaces. Anyways, does the weathertec stick up above the hood line enough to be visible from inside? The aeroskin 2 looks like it definitely would with the part in the middle being upright. Also since this thread is 6 months old, how has the glue been holding up on those with the aeroskin?
As long as you prep it correctly, I don't see you having an issue with the tape not holding. Make sure the leave a bit of an opening at the bottom/front to allow water to drain out.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
The aeroskin 2 looks like it definitely would with the part in the middle being upright. Also since this thread is 6 months old, how has the glue been holding up on those with the aeroskin?
Only a couple of months old now but holding up well. The top of the part that sticks up is essentially at the same sight line as the the hood bumps for me.