The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
I had a frameless Homelink auto-dimming mirror left over from an old Miata so last weekend I thought I would see if it was something I could use in the BS. Wiring looked easy enough but what I found was the mirror wouldn't clear the black housing above it. Did a little research and found they make something called a long neck version of the mirror but also found they make an adapter that can turn any mirror into a long neck, got one on eBay for $15. I disconnected the old mirror, I reused the the wiring connector for the mirror by pulling the pins and repinning on my new mirror. The white wire is power and the black is ground the rest aren't used, I'm guessing those would be for auto-dimming side mirrors. With the adapter the mirror easily cleared the housing. Programed the homelink and tested to make sure the auto-dimming was working. Looks good and works great. I did see that Ford was going to start offering Homelink for the 22MY in the BS but not sure if that will take the form of a mirror or visor.

I have a OB so I already had the wiring for the auto-dimming mirror, have no idea if you guys in the Base and Big Bend have the wiring and female connector in the housing, I'm guessing not.

Ford Bronco Sport Homelink Auto-Dimming Mirror Installation BroncoMIrror
Ford Bronco Sport Homelink Auto-Dimming Mirror Installation BroncoMirrorConnector
Ford Bronco Sport Homelink Auto-Dimming Mirror Installation Long Neck Adapter
Ford Bronco Sport Homelink Auto-Dimming Mirror Installation Housin
Ford Bronco Sport Homelink Auto-Dimming Mirror Installation BroncoHomelinkMIrror

Ford Bronco Sport Homelink Auto-Dimming Mirror Installation Housing Connector
Sponsored

Last edited:

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Nice job. That's something I would like to add to my BS.

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
This is an interesting idea… I might have to go hit the pull and save salvage lot to fine one.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had a frameless Homelink auto-dimming mirror left over from an old Miata so last weekend I thought I would see if it was something I could use in the BS. Wiring looked easy enough but what I found was the mirror wouldn't clear the black housing above it. Did a little research and found they make something called a long neck version of the mirror but also found they make an adapter that can turn any mirror into a long neck, got one on eBay for $15. I disconnected the old mirror, I reused the the wiring connector for the mirror by pulling the pins and repinning on my new mirror. The white wire is power and the black is ground the rest aren't used, I'm guessing those would be for auto-dimming side mirrors. With the adapter the mirror easily cleared the housing. Programed the homelink and tested to make sure the auto-dimming was working. Looks good and works great. I did see that Ford was going to start offering Homelink for the 22MY in the BS but not sure if that will take the form of a mirror or visor.

I have a OB so I already had the wiring for the auto-dimming mirror, have no idea if you guys in the Base and Big Bend have the wiring and female connector in the housing, I'm guessing not.

Ford Bronco Sport Homelink Auto-Dimming Mirror Installation BroncoMIrror
Ford Bronco Sport Homelink Auto-Dimming Mirror Installation BroncoMirrorConnector
Ford Bronco Sport Homelink Auto-Dimming Mirror Installation Long Neck Adapter
Ford Bronco Sport Homelink Auto-Dimming Mirror Installation Housin
Ford Bronco Sport Homelink Auto-Dimming Mirror Installation BroncoHomelinkMIrror

Ford Bronco Sport Homelink Auto-Dimming Mirror Installation Housing Connector
How did the cover come off? Mine rattled really bad on my BB and I didn’t want to just rip it off the windshield.

OP
OP
The Shark

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
How did the cover come off? Mine rattled really bad on my BB and I didn’t want to just rip it off the windshield.
You kind of do just "rip" it off. It's held on by two clips, just grab hold of the top of the cover from the front and pull down hard.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think I read that the 2022 model is going to have homelink. Might be able to order the parts when they come out and put them in the 2021?

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
You kind of do just "rip" it off. It's held on by two clips, just grab hold of the top of the cover from the front and pull down hard.
Think, no engine cover, no engine cover, noooo engine cover............ Let it RIP!! :beer:

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I would be very curious to know how they add it. I did not see any SKU's for Homeliink with either the rear-view mirror or the visor on ford parts.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I would be very curious to know how they add it. I did not see any SKU's for Homeliink with either the rear-view mirror or the visor on ford parts.
Nor have I.

Tom 5778

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange OB, Factory Five Racing roadster
My OB is on order. The homelink was only available of a tech package that cost too much seeing as I only wanted the homelink. Instead I got MyQ. It is standard on many new Chamberlain/Liftmaster openers today. It is under $20 on Amazon (today at least), normally $30. It uses your smartphone and enables things like Amazon’s Key service where they can deliver inside your garage. You can also allow others one time or ongoing access with a code. My son has had one for years and uses it to let in friends who are dog sitting.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I did see that Ford was going to start offering Homelink for the 22MY in the BS but not sure if that will take the form of a mirror or visor.
The Homelink on the 2022MY BS is visor mounted and is just like on the Escape.
Sponsored