Help Me Choose Winter Rims

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My Badlands is Area 51 with the Carbonized Gray roof.

I’ve been searching the Tire Rack and Discount Tire websites for a winter wheel and tire package that will compliment the look of my BS.

I will be getting Bridgestone Blizzak DMV2s as I know from experience they’re really good.

I want OEM size rims and probably black as it’s more likely to look good?

I just don’t know what to get!
Sponsored

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
I am considering winter wheels and tires for my carbonized gray '22 Escape. Going with the following, if I get winter tires. Also available in black.

BORBET
TYPE Y

• 17x7
  • Finish: Matte Titanium
  • Offset: +42mm

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

I’ve been searching the Tire Rack and Discount Tire websites for a winter wheel and tire package that will compliment the look of my BS.

I will be getting Bridgestone Blizzak DMV2s as I know from experience they’re really good.

Good old steelies. I’ve got an extra spare to start you off. The Maverick steelies are silver if that suits you better.

Ford Bronco Sport Help Me Choose Winter Rims C445AA96-1267-430A-B10F-34181B580FA6

Last edited:

Brissdenice

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

I bought blizzak dmv2's too and installed them on my stock badland wheels. I bought black wheel for summer with toyo at3's. Didn't tried the blizzak yet but they make them in 215/70/17 which is narrower and better in snow.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS

Check Discount Tire, Tire Rack and Amazon for 16" steel wheels. I found some in one of those places but didn't buy. Those Blizzak's are only $135, in a 225/75/16 at TR and are 29.3" in diameter, so they will fit in the spare area, as well. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Blizzak+DM-V2&partnum=275R6DMV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

They also have the 235/70/16 for $150, if you want to keep the diameter down to 29.0"

This is what I was looking at, at Discount Tire. 16x6.5, +41 offset. Should work with some 3-6mm spacers if you wanted to push them out a little. https://www.discounttire.com/buy-wheels/liquid-metal-atom/p/48999
Ford Bronco Sport Help Me Choose Winter Rims 1666378733920
Ford Bronco Sport Help Me Choose Winter Rims 1666378628230

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0EXFGZ/?coliid=I27E6BM3SBQBVP&colid=1OR21BG5ZYWSX&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Last edited:

OP
OP

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Thanks for the responses!

How well do black-painted steelies hold up when covered in road salt for long periods of time?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

How well do black-painted steelies hold up when covered in road salt for long periods of time?
Since you are up by me, I’d say not well but they can be easily painted. Ever since they started laying down that brine, the Escape started disappearing exponentially! I’ve had plenty of cars over the years with steel rims and never really had a issue. Just needed paint now and then. Black is definitely easier and doesn’t look as bad as quick IMO.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL

They don’t. After a year or two they look terrible, I never understood why you buy a beautiful new vehicle and spend 4 or 5 months with terrible looking rims on. I buy nice set of rims for winter months.

Reactions: MJE

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
I'll look around and find a set of take off Big Bend wheels. That way it looks the same.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For winter I would buy real steel wheels, if they get beat up you can hit them with a spray can.
Look on Craigslist or offer up, there are always Maverick steel wheels available with the center caps, lug nuts and sometimes tires with the original TPMS valves.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
I bought blizzak dmv2's too and installed them on my stock badland wheels. I bought black wheel for summer with toyo at3's. Didn't tried the blizzak yet but they make them in 215/70/17 which is narrower and better in snow.
Will that tire fit on the Badlands standard wheel? I bought a set of four for my winter tire ? Going to be getting the blizzak as well, or would I just get the 235/65/17 or 225/65/17.I have the optional “steel “wheel for summer .
I am not the most knowledgeable on such things.
Thank you

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I look at this situation differently. While the stock OBX wheels are OK, everyone with a OBX has the same boring wheel. To resolve this I run chrome Verde mag wheels with the stock tires during the nice weather months. This sets my OBX apart from the others. In the winter months I run my snow tires on the stock OBX wheels. I don't off-road, and just want a sharp looking every
Ford Bronco Sport Help Me Choose Winter Rims 100_6762.JPG
day vehicle.