Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I’ve narrowed my search for tires. My matching spare tire wheel is on it’s way. Thank you Barry. It was a very easy transaction. Glad I could help get the last one out of your way.
All are available in 235/65R17

50,000 mile Goodyear Wrangler Workhorse AT
Ford Bronco Sport A Little Help, Please. Three to Choose From 1C999982-BA37-43E7-A1C8-D290936FC7A1

65,000 mile Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S
Ford Bronco Sport A Little Help, Please. Three to Choose From F9F62B69-B194-4838-869E-BA3F40E20922

65,000 mile Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail
Ford Bronco Sport A Little Help, Please. Three to Choose From 50881D56-F889-451C-8A97-33C22F805F03

Thoughts, opinions or suggestions? This will be my first tire purchase just for me. I need a good road tire that can handle light to medium snow on roads where the plow drivers have no clue about snow removal. I had Wranglers on the F150 and never had a problem. I know some of you have Wildpeak Trails or Cooper Discoverers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It would help us recommend if you explained more of your off-roading/usage needs, pics of Sport, etc. But, based on your other posts, I feel comfortable in saying you will be very happy with the Falken A/T. Snow will never be an issue as you will look forward to the ploughing being missed.

OP
OP
Wolf256

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I live in the Pacific Northwest. I really have no plans, at least at this time, to do much off roading. That being said, I will need to drive through light to medium snow. Certain parts of my county can get up to a couple feet, what you mid-westerners would laugh at. Some people start to freak the minute the snow starts, even if it isn’t sticking. I live at the bottom of a hill. In past years I have had no problem with my truck (Wrangler tires) and getting out of my neighborhood. That said, I also drive to Southern California and back. It’s cheaper then flying and renting a car.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I run the cooper at3's on my ranger and like them a lot. I have the Falkens on my B's and like them too. My opinion would be the coopers are a little nicer on the road and the Falkens look more aggressive and are a little better off road but fine on road. I know big help

OP
OP
Wolf256

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I run the cooper at3's on my ranger and like them a lot. I have the Falkens on my B's and like them too. My opinion would be the coopers are a little nicer on the road and the Falkens look more aggressive and are a little better off road but fine on road. I know big help
I appreciate the input. I originally had 6 that I was looking at. I dropped three because of either tire weight or tread pattern. Where I live the roads are not asphalt. They are paved by dropping gravel onto oil/tar and then rolled. No flame/heat is applied, so the roads are not smooth. I‘m down to three that have a tighter tread so I won’t pick up and throw so much rock/gravel at myself or who ever ends up behind me. So, much as I like the more aggressive A/T’s, I’ll be sticking with one of these three. Much as I like the Wranglers, I will probably go with one of the higher mileage tires. They’re all pretty much in the same price range.

OP
OP
Wolf256

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would help us recommend if you explained more of your off-roading/usage needs, pics of Sport, etc. But, based on your other posts, I feel comfortable in saying you will be very happy with the Falken A/T. Snow will never be an issue as you will look forward to the ploughing being missed.
I already like the plowing being missed. I prefer to cut my own trail. No slick spots from idiots spinning their tires trying to go too fast. I actually passed someone doing exactly that one year.🤦‍♀️

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
It's really up to you. All your listed options would be more than fine for what you are looking for. All of them are good tires. The falken and cooper in that size are XL, so they are going to ride stiffer and be heavier. The Goodyear come in an SL rating. If you don't need the extra sidewall go with an SL rated tire.

Mark Fetting

Big Bend
First Name
Mark Fetting
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport big bend
I’ve narrowed my search for tires. My matching spare tire wheel is on it’s way. Thank you Barry. It was a very easy transaction. Glad I could help get the last one out of your way.
All are available in 235/65R17

50,000 mile Goodyear Wrangler Workhorse AT
Ford Bronco Sport A Little Help, Please. Three to Choose From 1C999982-BA37-43E7-A1C8-D290936FC7A1

65,000 mile Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S
Ford Bronco Sport A Little Help, Please. Three to Choose From F9F62B69-B194-4838-869E-BA3F40E20922

65,000 mile Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail
Ford Bronco Sport A Little Help, Please. Three to Choose From 50881D56-F889-451C-8A97-33C22F805F03

Thoughts, opinions or suggestions? This will be my first tire purchase just for me. I need a good road tire that can handle light to medium snow on roads where the plow drivers have no clue about snow removal. I had Wranglers on the F150 and never had a problem. I know some of you have Wildpeak Trails or Cooper Discoverers.
I went with the goodyears on our big bend

OP
OP
Wolf256

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I ordered the Falkens today. Decided to go with the Wildpeaks AT3W 235/65R17. TheTrails were heavier and I figured the I’d go with the tire I should have put on my original order. Thanks for your input.

TSP Overland

Outer Banks
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Nice choice! We went with the Trails on our build but I think you will be happy with what you ordered. :like:
Sponsored