Has anyone installed these.

Jt13940

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Has anyone put these lights off amazon on yet. Mine showed up today and looking for pointers on the install.
How do the old ones come off. And how do I wire them up? And advice would be great.
Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone installed these. Screenshot_20220127-115851_Amazon Shoppin
Sponsored

Osmo66

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Those look great. I'm surprised more companies aren't making similar products. Not sure with the wiring but once someone figures it out I'm definitely adding them too!

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Has anyone put these lights off amazon on yet. Mine showed up today and looking for pointers on the install.
How do the old ones come off. And how do I wire them up? And advice would be great.
Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone installed these. Screenshot_20220127-115851_Amazon Shoppin
Amazon showing $48.99 an hour or so ago ??
Believe I saw in another post where the poster said he made his own and fed them off the front side marker light.

enjuhner357

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS OB
Amazon showing $48.99 an hour or so ago ??
Believe I saw in another post where the poster said he made his own and fed them off the front side marker light.
My Amazon is showing the same $48.99 USD price. Is the USD just that much more strong than CAD even with our 7% inflation?!

OP, you could try opening the door to gain better prying access. Looking at the Amazon pictures, there are 3 metal clips that need to be released by pulling. If where you/vehicle is cold, it could be a bit more difficult. You can get plastic interior trim pry tools to assist. I'd probably apply masking tape on the paint around it to reduce the probability of scratching the paint.

For wiring, again based on the pictures, you need to tie the red wire into a positive 12v source. This could be a hot user selected (fog lights), hot while vehicle running, or hot with turn signal activating. You could simply tie it straight to the battery with a fuse and switch in the loop where it is independent of any other light. The black wire must go to a good ground regardless of how you bring it to the LEDs "high" state.

EDIT: You can find components for building/DIY here if you go the custom control route and expand into perimeter lighting. https://www.superbrightleds.com/

Last edited:

Johnny Mo

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati XDiavel, 23 Bronco Raptor
Assuming this goes to the existing marker light - would it be lit up with the parking lights or always off and only with signal? It's not bad - just not sure if it's worth the effort. On a connector not - look into Posi-Tap connectors...they are great for this type of stuff.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
As far as wiring them - this is from the item description:

Easy to install: Please splice and connect the red wire to the positive pole wire of the turn signal light or driving light, and wrap them with electric tape together ; please connect the black wire to the iron body part of the car. The side marker lights are quick and easy to install.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I learned long ago to never splice into factory wiring. Anywhere, especially under the vehicle in the wiring harness. I’ve seen those go bad due to moisture after a customer spliced in and the cost of parts and labor actually total the vehicle as it sometimes was one piece.

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I always thought this was a missed opportunity by ford for a side marker/turn signal indicator. I am curious about the quality of the plastic and the Leds. If anyone purchases these, please give us a review. I for one will be waiting until I see more options pop up.

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I learned long ago to never splice into factory wiring. Anywhere, especially under the vehicle in the wiring harness. I’ve seen those go bad due to moisture after a customer spliced in and the cost of parts and labor actually total the vehicle as it sometimes was one piece.
I agree. I've seen a lot of hack jobs that caused major damage over the years.
I'd be curious to look into tying something like this into the door modules. They have pinning for muddle lamps and mirror turn signals. Though routing the wiring and keeping it properly protected from this location is likely troublesome. I haven't looked, but I already forsee people cutting into door boots. :facepalm:

OP
OP

Jt13940

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I have them sitting here and the quality looks pretty good. I have not installed them yet. I'm thinking about running them either to a fuse or there own switch. No way I am splicing them into the factory wiring. Still looking at options for powering them

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
its neat and a good idea, i kinda wish ford did a light in there in the first place. however id be curious on how good they fit in the fender.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
I have them sitting here and the quality looks pretty good. I have not installed them yet. I'm thinking about running them either to a fuse or there own switch. No way I am splicing them into the factory wiring. Still looking at options for powering them
sweet! let us know how the fit is.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How long is the cable that comes with them lights?

ErikaFrzn

Big Bend
First Name
Erika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Sport, '15 Explorer, ‘22 Trail Boss