Frosty

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Call me crazy if you like, or even say it’s my imagination, but I’m pretty sure the computer that controls my little 1.5 engine went through a small learning curve after I had the Magna Flow axel back exhaust installed. Seemed to me for a short while he was running just a little ‘off’ from time to time. Nothing serious, just different. But now the last couple of days there seems to have been a reawakening of sorts, & the little bugger is back to, if not a little bit more of, scootin’ around like a little raped ape! 🤣 Don’t get me wrong. I’m not claiming huge power gains or anything of the sort. I’m just saying the little 1.5 seems to be much happier. I know I am. 😎
Sponsored

Mahargmot

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco sport / 1994 ford f150
Call me crazy if you like, or even say it’s my imagination, but I’m pretty sure the computer that controls my little 1.5 engine went through a small learning curve after I had the Magna Flow axel back exhaust installed. Seemed to me for a short while he was running just a little ‘off’ from time to time. Nothing serious, just different. But now the last couple of days there seems to have been a reawakening of sorts, & the little bugger is back to, if not a little bit more of, scootin’ around like a little raped ape! 🤣 Don’t get me wrong. I’m not claiming huge power gains or anything of the sort. I’m just saying the little 1.5 seems to be much happier. I know I am. 😎
I'm curious. How does it sound.?

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Yes, I installed a custom exhaust as well and it sounds amazing! If you really want to realize the full potential of your new exhaust I recommend adding a CAI. AFE has a reasonably priced one that uses the factory air duct that pulls air from the grill. I guarantee you will feel a difference and gain some MPG as a bonus.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frosty

Frosty

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yes, I installed a custom exhaust as well and it soynds amazing! If you really want to realize the full potential of the new exhaust I recommend adding a CAI. AFE has a reasonably priced one that uses the factory air duct that pulls air from the grill. I guarantee you will feel a difference and gain some MPG as a bonus.
Actually have given that idea some thought. Thanks for the recommendation.
😎👍🏻

Joediesalot

Big Bend
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
What type of exhaust did you install and I need more information about the other thing you was talking about

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I went custom on my exhaust. I installed two 2.25" Vibrant Resonators in place of the huge OEM muffler. I removed the OEM resonator to decrease flow resistance and ended with two 3" Ceramic coated tips. The sound is incredible, no rasp or drone.
Here is the link to the CAI I installed: https://afepower.com/. I upgraded to the 5R S filter, bought a oil and cleaner kit also. The CAI and kit was about $375, that was a couple of years ago. The exhaust sytem was close to the same amount.

OP
OP
Frosty

Frosty

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
What type of exhaust did you install and I need more information about the other thing you was talking about
I had a Magna Flow axel back system installed, with the black outlets. Outlets are also available in chrome.
As far as the CAI, reference the link provided by V8 Yankee.

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’ve never put anything but 87 in and have always hated how my bronco feels like it’s shuddering or hiccuping anywhere between 15-35 mph. I was even going to bring it to the dealership cause it was so noticeable.
Just Put 3/4 of a tank of premium and GAME CHANGER! I swear it’s not just placebo. It drives significantly smoother and feels way more solid on acceleration. Thought of this post and figured I’d share it here haha
Sponsored