kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ā€˜22 Explr ST ordered
I do not know either there are no restriction on it and it is Unscheduled - Clean ready to be picked up when retail orders go...

There are no warnings or errors on this end...

Albert
Ok. Thanks.
Sponsored

SoCalBronc

Badlands
First Name
Vickii
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW x3
The same thing happened to my reservation. When I spoke to the General Sales Manager of my dealership, he said that this just puts your reservation to "Unscheduled Clean" status and can still make changes. It is only when your status changes to "Scheduled" is when you cannot make anymore modifications to your build. In order to switch your status to "Scheduled", you will have to reach out to your dealership and finalize your build.
Are you saying that having an order number is not confirmatory that the order is in the queue awaiting a build date? I've been not getting any replies from inquiries to my dealer. I originally was asking to confirm that the Cargo Management System was included in my build since their "confirmation email" of my reservation didnt include accessories. Their confirmation email did include the build I'd chosen (Red Badlands+Badlands) but didn't show ANY accessories like CMS, crossbars, mudflaps etc. A lot of the buzz here seems to indicate the CMS must be done at factory, and I've been trying to confirm it's even on my order. And now, it sounds like you're saying having an order number at the Ford site under my account doesn't mean Im waiting for a build date? There's something else that needs to be done first? Or am I misunderstanding this whole thing?

Thanks!

Remotecellphone

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima Coupe
Are you saying that having an order number is not confirmatory that the order is in the queue awaiting a build date? I've been not getting any replies from inquiries to my dealer. I originally was asking to confirm that the Cargo Management System was included in my build since their "confirmation email" of my reservation didnt include accessories. Their confirmation email did include the build I'd chosen (Red Badlands+Badlands) but didn't show ANY accessories like CMS, crossbars, mudflaps etc. A lot of the buzz here seems to indicate the CMS must be done at factory, and I've been trying to confirm it's even on my order. And now, it sounds like you're saying having an order number at the Ford site under my account doesn't mean Im waiting for a build date? There's something else that needs to be done first? Or am I misunderstanding this whole thing?

Thanks!
Yes, it seems like going from ā€œreservation #ā€ to ā€œorder #ā€ is the dealer acknowledging your reservation. From my understanding if you havenā€™t spoken to your dealership to ā€œfinalizeā€ your build then itā€™s technically just in an idle state. @grangerford can probably confirm this

SoCalBronc

Badlands
First Name
Vickii
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW x3
Yes, it seems like going from ā€œreservation #ā€ to ā€œorder #ā€ is the dealer acknowledging your reservation. From my understanding if you havenā€™t spoken to your dealership to ā€œfinalizeā€ your build then itā€™s technically just in an idle state. @grangerford can probably confirm this
Sigh. I realize a lot of this is a cluster and there is a lot of conflicting info out there so Iā€™m not holding anyone else except the dealer responsible for anything. But itā€™s really frustrating. I DID receive an email from the dealer right after my reservation asking me to confirm my build. I replied that it was correct (again, it was rudimentary info that is standard on a BL+BL and didnā€™t show any accessories). Then a day later, I got my order number. So is that the same as talking to the dealer to confirm build or is there another step? (This is essentially rhetorical as I know nobody here really knows.) just frustrating.

Vivi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I'd interpret that as you confirming the build. I heard from my dealership after placing my reservation and they sent me a final build, it had some errors and I sent over the corrections to make, they responded with an updated order and I confirmed it was what I wanted, and I received my order confirmation the next day. Waiting on what I'm assuming is a build date from Ford at this point, the salesperson I'm working with has let me know when they got some demo models for training and is expecting their first mannequin in the next few weeks.

ChupaKobra

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Iā€™ve received an email from Ford that my FE has been scheduled for production the week of December 7th.. but still have not heard anything from my dealer to confirm everything.
When I first started my order on the launch night in July, I got a voicemail from my dealer saying ā€œthanks for your interest in a Ford EcoSport!ā€ I reached to inform them that was incorrect and they apologized. Thatā€™s the last Iā€™ve heard from them....

2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Iā€™ve received an email from Ford that my FE has been scheduled for production the week of December 7th.. but still have not heard anything from my dealer to confirm everything.
When I first started my order on the launch night in July, I got a voicemail from my dealer saying ā€œthanks for your interest in a Ford EcoSport!ā€ I reached to inform them that was incorrect and they apologized. Thatā€™s the last Iā€™ve heard from them....
Thatā€™s funny. I got the same Ecosport message from my dealer back in July. I didnā€™t think too much about it at the time. Just figured they werenā€™t too organized. I met with them in person later to place my order for the BS.

vagab0nd

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic :(
Not sure if this is the right place and please go easy on me as this could be a series of dumb questions...

So I didn't place an order for the Bronco Sport as the wife wanted to see safety ratings come out and how a car seat fits in the back. Car seat question looks to have been answered based off of videos I've seen and I haven't seen safety information come out yet from the NTSB so the wait goes on. Assuming it's not a death trap (I'm guessing the BS will at least get adequate safety ratings, no reason for it not to), I've been given the all-clear to buy one.

Are the only BS's being made right now just to fulfill orders placed this fall? Just wondering on what timing may look like with dealers actually getting inventory to test drive/look at, etc. and if I may need to reset my expectations.

I've never bought a vehicle before, still driving the car my parents got me before sending me off to college so this is all new to me. Hoping to trade-in my car, test drive, and buy a BS sometime within the next 3ish months and looking at the base and Big Bend trim levels.

Any advice/tips/info greatly appreciated!

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
Not sure if this is the right place and please go easy on me as this could be a series of dumb questions...

So I didn't place an order for the Bronco Sport as the wife wanted to see safety ratings come out and how a car seat fits in the back. Car seat question looks to have been answered based off of videos I've seen and I haven't seen safety information come out yet from the NTSB so the wait goes on. Assuming it's not a death trap (I'm guessing the BS will at least get adequate safety ratings, no reason for it not to), I've been given the all-clear to buy one.

Are the only BS's being made right now just to fulfill orders placed this fall? Just wondering on what timing may look like with dealers actually getting inventory to test drive/look at, etc. and if I may need to reset my expectations.

I've never bought a vehicle before, still driving the car my parents got me before sending me off to college so this is all new to me. Hoping to trade-in my car, test drive, and buy a BS sometime within the next 3ish months and looking at the base and Big Bend trim levels.

Any advice/tips/info greatly appreciated!
I went to my dealer and they had a BB available for test drive and purchase. Others have posted buying off the lot without a reservation, so they are out there, probably worth a phone call to your local dealers for your options.

Sparky

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Explorer Sport, 16 VW Beetle Convertible
I went to my dealer and they had a BB available for test drive and purchase. Others have posted buying off the lot without a reservation, so they are out there, probably worth a phone call to your local dealers for your options.
I would go on Ford's website and search dealer inventory near you. In Texas I would think there would be a decent inventory on BB and Base as that seems to be what the dealers have been getting for sale inventory.