First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Seems to be confusion in this arena so:

ADM - additional dealer markup. Placed over the MSRP to inflate profits and egos.

MSRP - manufacturers suggested retail price... retail or Window Sticker. Would sell them all day for this profit structure.

Invoice - below window sticker...is not true cost if car ... this is what floorplan and banks use as cost.

Cost - 2-3% behind invoice (holdback) that dealers use to defray he cost of floor planned (sitting in stock) inventory.

Options - on the vehicle that are configurable at order time will have an MSRP, invoice and cost

Accessories - added on after the vehicle us built. AKA dealer installed accessories.
Have an MSRP and cost no invoice and price structure is determined by the application. (Some items have more profit structured than others)​

BUILD & PRICE - online tool used by consumers to "make" their vehicle and change at a whim

Configurator - Dealer tool used to order the vehicle

X plan - is a partner pricing structure that is .4% below invoice.

A, D, and Z plans - If you work for Ford, a dealership employee or a retiree from Ford these plans will be available to you and you know the rules already.

Reservation system - this process is something new to Ford. Came out for the MachE, then to Bronco Sport now Bronco.

Allocation - is based on prior sales and dealerships were rewarded with extra vehicles because of being a volume store.

Reservations will eventually lead to allocations but after all reservations have been filled.

Please feel free to pm or add to thread and I will bring up here as necessary.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
When are you expecting inventory delivery? I know the mannequins are coming in December. Does that mean earliest we could drive off the lot for our reservations would be at the earliest in January @Granger Ford ?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
When are you expecting inventory delivery? I know the mannequins are coming in December. Does that mean earliest we could drive off the lot for our reservations would be at the earliest in January @Granger Ford ?
They should start showing up just after the mannequins...

Horsetail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Hiā€” I had a question on financing. I read in an article on car buzz that Ford might stop offering zero percent financing on a 48month loan for the Sport. Indeed, that option has been available on the website to estimate your monthly cost. Hereā€™s my question. Since you canā€™t actually buy and finance the sale until delivery, what was the point of offering a zero percent option initially? Everything is subject to whatever rebates/incentives are offered at delivery, correct?
Hereā€™s the article:

https://carbuzz.com/news/ford-bronco-sport-loses-its-killer-financing-deals

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Granger Ford - ordering, pricing & purchasing terminology for non car people 1600219371883

They are set to expire the same day as all of the rest of the apr rates for the Fords...

That does not mean that they will not extend it...

We will get new rebates on October 1st...

That article is click-bait...makes people aggravated and starts conversation...

Exactly the reason I am not in all of the conversations on the Forums unless I see complete falsehoods being bandied about...

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
My reservation has now switched to In store Order. I did not go in and negotiate. i Donā€™t see any other information. Is this different than a normal order?

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
My reservation has now switched to In store Order. I did not go in and negotiate. i Donā€™t see any other information. Is this different than a normal order?
Did you call your dealer to confirm, or did they call you to confirm your order? If neither.. its possible that your dealer is doing it wrong and just basically pushed all that you selected during the reservation to an actual order. You should call your dealer and confirm your build.

Remotecellphone

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima Coupe
The same thing happened to my reservation. When I spoke to the General Sales Manager of my dealership, he said that this just puts your reservation to "Unscheduled Clean" status and can still make changes. It is only when your status changes to "Scheduled" is when you cannot make anymore modifications to your build. In order to switch your status to "Scheduled", you will have to reach out to your dealership and finalize your build.

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
The same thing happened to my reservation. When I spoke to the General Sales Manager of my dealership, he said that this just puts your reservation to "Unscheduled Clean" status and can still make changes. It is only when your status changes to "Scheduled" is when you cannot make anymore modifications to your build. In order to switch your status to "Scheduled", you will have to reach out to your dealership and finalize your build.
Such a convoluted process. At least the dealer has now reached out and Im going in to discuss the details.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
That means that they pulled the order into the WBDO to order, should have called you to verify options and color...

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
That means that they pulled the order into the WBDO to order, should have called you to verify options and color...
I did eventually go in store to negotiate the price. They said they have no idea yet about when it will arrive or get built. They just had me sign a summary sheet of the main build details such as colour and packages. I cannot see anything on the Ford system. It just says in store order. Will this change to show online details later?

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ā€˜22 Explr ST ordered
It will, when a VIN is assigned then you will be more able to track it on your reservation site..
Mine shows "Contact Dealer". Zach (to whom I just emailed about it again) seems to not know why. Already signed paper with details. Any idea?

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
I do not know either there are no restriction on it and it is Unscheduled - Clean ready to be picked up when retail orders go...

There are no warnings or errors on this end...

Albert
Sponsored