Fully loaded Big Bend vs bare bones Badlands?

Wombot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Cross post from Reddit but would appreciate any advice!

I have the option of getting a dealer ordered Big Bend or Badlands which are both being delivered next month and can't decide which one I want.

The Big Bend is Hot Pepper red and fully loaded with options: Moonroof, Copilot assist +, Convenience package, trailer tow package, cargo package, wireless charging pad.

The Badlands is Carbonized gray with no options other than added floor mats but it's only $1000 more than the big bend. I've only been able to test drive the Bronco Sport first edition and really enjoyed the 2.0 so I gravitate toward that engine.

I don't see myself ever towing anything and would mainly use it for a daily driver and road trip vehicle. I do live in the Midwest with a decent amount of hills and snowy weather and dirt roads but won't do much off roading otherwise.

I'm not crazy about the Gray color of the Badlands and the lack of the moonroof or Assist + but other than that I think I prefer the badlands.

Did anyone have a similar situation or can offer advice?
Sponsored

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I would 100% go with the one with the 360+ if you’re using it for road trips - just did a 3 hour round trip today in rain and sun using the adaptive cruise control and it made a miserable drive into a mostly pleasant one

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
If you're just driving it to work and the grocery store then BB. If you want to get to some adventures, Badlands.

Bronco307

Badlands
First Name
Kade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 22 Big Bend
My wife and I have a BB and a BL, I’d go BB and not look back. Especially with the options available in the two you have listed. Don’t let people convince you the 1.5 is lackluster. It is not. It is very good. Our BB never struggles, even at high altitude and steep grades here in Wyoming. The BL is great if you need the off road tech, if not I’d skip it. Why pay for a bunch of tech you don’t need and won’t use? I would 100% recommend the Big Bend package. I went with a Badlands for the underbody skids and extra off road tech, although if I had to do it again, I’d probably save some money and buy a Big Bend.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
That hitch on the BB comes in handy. Bike racks and hitch hauls come to mind.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Get the one you like best. Both come with an engine and four wheels. I have a relatively barebones BL in Carbonized Gray and really like it. I prefer the locking rear end and 2.0 motor but as others have said, both will get you to and from the mall without issues.

If you use it mainly on the highway taking trips, you will enjoy the BB with better gas mileage and 360+. If you would rather take it places others can’t go, then get the BL. Neither choice is wrong, it what suits you best.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Couldn't have said it better than Kyle, Dustin, and Kade. The Big Bend sounds like the best fit for what you plan to use the vehicle for. The better fuel mileage you'll get with the Big Bend is icing on the cake.

OP
OP

Wombot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thanks for the great advice everyone ! Definitely a first world problem to have but just wanna make the right choice before spending the money . I liked the idea of the Badlands for the “smiles per gallon “ factor but I think the BB is what fits me the best .

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I love my Big Bend and there are so many practical reasons listed here that I agree with 100% but also ... HOT PEPPER RED!!! After seeing an HPR Big Bend in person, I am officially jealous. It is a great color and would be my first choice if I were ordering today.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
The Badlands is Carbonized gray with no options other than added floor mats but it's only $1000 more than the big bend. I've only been able to test drive the Bronco Sport first edition and really enjoyed the 2.0 so I gravitate toward that engine.
I'm a big fan of the 2.0l ecoboost.

hwildey

Big Bend
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I really like my Big Bend. Great mix of every day driver that looks cool and can handle the off pavement and snow if needed. I drive up grades at high elevations at freeway speed just fine, get decent mileage on the road and have a lot of confidence when I am off the pavement. Just got back from Mexico and found myself on a sandy road that only ATV riders were using and really no problems. The engine is plenty for me, I am not interested in hauling a boat or trailer. If you aren't going to haul anything or really go off road hard then I think you will be happy with the BB. But like others have said, the Badlands is a bad little off roader so think about what suits you best.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I have a fully loaded BB and love it. Fully loaded and I added Katzin leather and I always get compliments on the Cactus Gray. Very happy with my ride.

CG sport 22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I absolutely love driving the Big Bend! We have Catcus grey with all you described except the moon roof. We seen a hot pepper red at the store the other day and WOW! That's an awesome color. One of my buddies bought his wife a white Big bend loaded as you are describing and they love theirs also. . The only thing I questioned was the 1.5 but after driving ours on vacation a week after we got it and now two months later I am a believer! I am sure the badlands would be great also but just offering perspective on the Big Bend.
Sponsored