rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I had the spare tire face down with the standard hold down and it wasn't right to me. I'd rather have the full size spare front of the wheel up so I can check air pressure easier. The pic below is the shorter one in the Outer Banks. I had to buy the longer piece LJ6Z-17091-C Lug wrench stud for the Badlands.
It worked perfectly but I did add a piece of thick microfiber to stop and vibration scratches on the wheel.

Ford Bronco Sport Full size spare installed - tip 20230713_121157

Ford Bronco Sport Full size spare installed - tip 20230713_120459
Sponsored

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Did you get a different floor board or just raise it to the higher position? I'd be curious what the difference is.

OP
OP
rocks

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get a different floor board or just raise it to the higher position? I'd be curious what the difference is.
I just use the higher position which I like. I never tried the lower position with the full size spare..

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Badlands version

Ford Bronco Sport Full size spare installed - tip IMG_1986

REDWM

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 F-150, 77 MGB, 2023 Bronco Sport
A quick question. If you put a full size spare in a Big Bend that has the emergency donut. do you have to raise up the cargo floor. I don't see any slots to use if you raise it.

OP
OP
rocks

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A quick question. If you put a full size spare in a Big Bend that has the emergency donut. do you have to raise up the cargo floor. I don't see any slots to use if you raise it.
I have an OBX and used the higher setting before and after the addition of the full size spare. I like the floor being even with the cargo door lower trim. I never tried the lower setting.

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport, 2018 Ford F150 XLT
Quick question while we're talking about spares. Will a full size tire fit on the compact spare wheel? Thinking of using one of my Conti's as a spare when I upgrade my tires but, I'll need a wheel.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Quick question while we're talking about spares. Will a full size tire fit on the compact spare wheel? Thinking of using one of my Conti's as a spare when I upgrade my tires but, I'll need a wheel.
Generally not.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The rim width for most donut spares is 4" - 4.5", which is far too narrow for most full-size tires. For example, the Falken A/T3W 235/65R17 tire requires a rim width between 6.5" - 7.5".

Fsad

Base
First Name
Frey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Question...when you place a full size spare, the floor board/lid is now supported by the tire on the rear side of the vehicle, correct? Versus the plastic shelf supports when you had a donut in there. When I upgraded to a full size spare on my base model, I noticed that the floor board has no support underneath on the corners at the rear of the vehicle. Is that what you have as well? I'm thinking of adding some sort of 2" rubber bumpers/lifts on the corners to add some support.

OP
OP
rocks

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question...when you place a full size spare, the floor board/lid is now supported by the tire on the rear side of the vehicle, correct? Versus the plastic shelf supports when you had a donut in there. When I upgraded to a full size spare on my base model, I noticed that the floor board has no support underneath on the corners at the rear of the vehicle. Is that what you have as well? I'm thinking of adding some sort of 2" rubber bumpers/lifts on the corners to add some support.
No problem with a full size spare here. The rear spare cover is in even with the rear bumper trim. Same as I had it with the compact spare.
Sponsored