Dperry285

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco sport
I have a 23 oxb without a trailer package, I know if you have a trailer package from the factory you get a full size spare as part of the package, but if you didn't do you have a temp spare or do all oxb come with a full size and some of the other trims only get a full size if you get the trailer package?
Sponsored

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a 23 oxb without a trailer package, I know if you have a trailer package from the factory you get a full size spare as part of the package, but if you didn't do you have a temp spare or do all oxb come with a full size and some of the other trims only get a full size if you get the trailer package?
No tow package 21 OBX definitely temporary donut here

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Tow package and full size spare just as the OP stated.

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yes-full size spare WITH towing package. I have it on my OB. Not sure if you can order a full size without towing package.

biglarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Even if you can buy the full size spare - DON'T. It's another Ford deceptive practice. I got the full siize spare because I got the towing package, and it's on a steel wheel that isn't even the same wheel, same wheel size, or tire size.
You probably couldn't give it away.

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
How big of a tire will fit in the spare location??

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
245’s will fit. Search the threads and you’ll find a ton of posts on this and pics

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Even if you can buy the full size spare - DON'T. It's another Ford deceptive practice. I got the full siize spare because I got the towing package, and it's on a steel wheel that isn't even the same wheel, same wheel size, or tire size.
You probably couldn't give it away.
The overall diameter is the same or at least close enough where there is no issue. The difference in wheel size is made up with sidewall. The point of a full size spare is to get you off the side of the road or back home to get your original replaced or plugged. The trailer package has a full-size spare because a donut isn't rated for towing. A steel wheel is the norm for a spare on majority of vehicles. It's not a deceptive practice, it's just the most logical thing to do from Fords standpoint because each trim has the same size spare if it has the tow package. The big bends have a spare that is the same size because they have a factory 17" alloy wheel whereas the OB's have an 18" wheel.

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
245/65/17 will fit with a shove. Just know, if you don't have a factory full size spare, the floor "lid" that covers the spare compartment is shallower (since it only has to fit the donut). There will be a gap and it won't sit flush.
Ford Bronco Sport Full size spare IMG_0923

biglarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The overall diameter is the same or at least close enough where there is no issue. The difference in wheel size is made up with sidewall. The point of a full size spare is to get you off the side of the road or back home to get your original replaced or plugged. The trailer package has a full-size spare because a donut isn't rated for towing. A steel wheel is the norm for a spare on majority of vehicles. It's not a deceptive practice, it's just the most logical thing to do from Fords standpoint because each trim has the same size spare if it has the tow package. The big bends have a spare that is the same size because they have a factory 17" alloy wheel whereas the OB's have an 18" wheel.
In the world I grew up in, a full size spare was a wheel and tire that was the same as the wheels and tires on the vehicle. When you had to use it, it became the permanent tire and the flat got patched and became the spare. It might as well be a donut since you have to do the same double work as you have to do with the donut, and the donut gives you more storage height that's lost with the so-called full sized spare.
Sponsored