DSM

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thank you! Should be getting them any day now. He thinks the rear ones will be no problem. Is that accurate?
The rear ones are no big deal, the fender flares have no interference with the mud flaps.
May have taken me 20 minutes for the rear.
Sponsored

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hi do the fender flairs fit over the standard black plastic small fender edges?
In the accessories web site it says the FFlairs are attached with the adhesive tape , somebody said clips . Which is it? I have them ordered with the crazy expensive ‘mudguards’. Anybody else have the mudguards yet ( different from splash guards). Also does anybody know if is there any metal fender drilling to install splash/mud guards? I think that would be a rust issue ....
Thanks

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Hi do the fender flairs fit over the standard black plastic small fender edges?
In the accessories web site it says the FFlairs are attached with the adhesive tape , somebody said clips . Which is it? I have them ordered with the crazy expensive ‘mudguards’. Anybody else have the mudguards yet ( different from splash guards). Also does anybody know if is there any metal fender drilling to install splash/mud guards? I think that would be a rust issue ....
Thanks
I have the " Cheaper" splash guards and there was drilling for the fronts but not the rears. Not a difficult install.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
It takes a little cutting and filing to get the front mud flaps to fit with the fender flares.
Also a new drilled out screw hole.
Sounds like you self installed. Do the silver torx bolts actually do anything? Are they actual bolts that can come off? I was thinking then you could replace with an anodized set to change the color.

DSM

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The Torx bolts do nothing, just for looks.
The instructions show how to assemble the bolts on the fender flares, but the fender flares came totally assembled and all I had to do is chip on to the extincting factory fender flares with no tape.
The bots can be changed.

2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have the " Cheaper" splash guards and there was drilling for the fronts but not the rears. Not a difficult install.
This is what I had suspected. I have front and rear splash guards on order now. I noticed that the front wheel wells have only one existing fastener to use. Appreciate the confirmation.

NaysBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
added the Bushwacker flares and contemplating mudflaps...

Ford Bronco Sport Front splash guards & fender flairs 20210620_174144

Ford Bronco Sport Front splash guards & fender flairs 20210620_175145

Ford Bronco Sport Front splash guards & fender flairs 20210620_175153
Hate to be a pain, but do you have a picture showing from the front and/or rear? My wife wants these for her Badlands and I am trying to see if the tires "fill out" the flares or if it looks weird sticking out too far over the tires.

OP
OP

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Hate to be a pain, but do you have a picture showing from the front and/or rear? My wife wants these for her Badlands and I am trying to see if the tires "fill out" the flares or if it looks weird sticking out too far over the tires.
Hi! Here is what the rear ones look like on mine installed.
Ford Bronco Sport Front splash guards & fender flairs AA837296-BF6C-4721-B458-53EAADD20497
Ford Bronco Sport Front splash guards & fender flairs 01295489-31E3-4467-A6BF-D676C0C93CAB

NaysBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Thank you both for the pictures. That is very helpful! My wife's Badlands is Rapid Red as well.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It takes a little cutting and filing to get the front mud flaps to fit with the fender flares.

Ford Bronco Sport Front splash guards & fender flairs IMG_2530.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Front splash guards & fender flairs IMG_2531.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Front splash guards & fender flairs Plate blocked
Can you show the cuts you made? I think I see the new screw hole from your pics but how did you know it would work where you set the hole? I feel like if I give this to my dealership to do they'll just say it can't work with the mudflaps but you've obviously gotten them to go together and it looks like the flare OVER the mudflaps. You didn't have to move the flap, at all?

Ford Bronco Sport Front splash guards & fender flairs 20210705_142514

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

Ford Bronco Sport Front splash guards & fender flairs IMG_2530.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Front splash guards & fender flairs IMG_2531.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Front splash guards & fender flairs Plate blocked
Me again. Every single dealership shop in my city within 100 miles has not installed aftermarket parts on broncos. None of them know how to do this basic install. I can do it fine myself on the back fenders but I'm not confident on the front ones unless I know how you made these cuts. When you have time, can you show me a pic on the other side to get an idea. You're the only one that has made this mod and made the mudflap flush to the fender. There's only one other dude but he cut off too much of the mudflap for my liking. I'd appreciate the help.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
The Torx bolts do nothing, just for looks.
The instructions show how to assemble the bolts on the fender flares, but the fender flares came totally assembled and all I had to do is chip on to the extincting factory fender flares with no tape.
The bots can be changed.
I called two Ford dealers and spoke to the Parts Dept and was told the splash guards and fender flares are not compatible. I have the splash guards and wanted to add the fender flares. How much trimming was involved?

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hi there!
just picked up my BS BB last night. The front and back Splash Guards we installed by Ford. I had the Fender Flairs put on after it arrived at the dealership. It now has the fender flairs, rear splash guards, but no splash guards in the front. Does anyone know if the Fender Flairs in the front limit having the splash guards there also? ;-)
If you plan on going off-road, the splash guards in front reduce approach angle. I had mine pulled off at first service mainly cause it looked like a shark took a bite out of it by the time I got to first oil change
Sponsored