First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Is it confirmed to not address it? I have a case open with corporate so if it doesn’t they do know I want more done.
Recall is about stopping distance if power booster fails. No mention of noise in recall what so ever. This 'will my noise be fixed' by recall comes up repeatedly over and over and over and over and over again non stop 'will recall fix noise' then in next thread 'will my noise get fixed' and no its about stopping distance not noise. So no, noise is has nothing to do with recall its stopping distance not noise. No noise anything is part of recall. If you have noise recall will not address that problem no.

Look up read the recall. Note not one single mention of noise if you read what recall says.
Sponsored

Rumanchoo

Big Bend
First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Is it confirmed to not address it? I have a case open with corporate so if it doesn’t they do know I want more done.
There is another thread on this forum that speaks specifically to this sound. Issue seems to be related to either transmission or manual park release cable. Look up the thread……. On This Episode of, “Is this noise normal?” That has lots of noise info. Here’s the TSB as well….
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10203885-0001.pdf

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Issue seems to be related to either transmission or manual park release cable.
Nope, that's a different noise. The noise referred to in this thread is the loud honking or squealing noise some have experienced while backing up. The reason so many seem to think this is related to the recall is because Ford initially announced the proposed fix for the recall would be replacement of the rear brake pads. It has since revised that proposal; the fix for the recall is to replace the front brake pads.

Rumanchoo

Big Bend
First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Nope, that's a different noise. The noise referred to in this thread is the loud honking or squealing noise some have experienced while backing up. The reason so many seem to think this is related to the recall is because Ford initially announced the proposed fix for the recall would be replacement of the rear brake pads. It has since revised that proposal; the fix for the recall is to replace the front brake pads.
Ah okay! I misunderstood. And yes I get that noise as well and wrote it off as crappy pads being used. Thanks for clarifying for me.

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Thank you for clarifying I thought I was losing my mind looking at some of the replies at first lol. So hopefully this fixes that sound. I’ll let you guys know- I get my new pads next week.

Rumanchoo

Big Bend
First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thank you for clarifying I thought I was losing my mind looking at some of the replies at first lol. So hopefully this fixes that sound. I’ll let you guys know- I get my new pads next week.
Just an update on my pad replacement, car continues to make the same noise when backing up from the rear brakes. Those pads weren’t changed on mine as part of the recall. Hopefully yours resolves or they replace those pads as well

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Just an update on my pad replacement, car continues to make the same noise when backing up from the rear brakes. Those pads weren’t changed on mine as part of the recall. Hopefully yours resolves or they replace those pads as well
Update, pads replaced Thursday, Friday morning the sound continued. Called corporate and they said it’s within 12 month/18000 mile warranty on the pads to make a claim at the dealership and it’ll get replaced (rear pads)

Rumanchoo

Big Bend
First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Update, pads replaced Thursday, Friday morning the sound continued. Called corporate and they said it’s within 12 month/18000 mile warranty on the pads to make a claim at the dealership and it’ll get replaced (rear pads)
Keep us posted when you get them replaced. Hopefully it fixes the issue!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Good for you! This is what I think will happen for owners who push the issue; brakes ARE a wear item, and they can be worn out early when abused. Although noisy brakes CAN result from wear, the kinds of noises reported are not typical of worn brakes. Ford should address this issue, and it appears it will for you.

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Lot of ppl getting alerts on ford pass for front brake recall. But Ford announce and published rear brake recall? So do we have both a front and rear brake recall? No one has said they got a rear brake recall?
Although the NTSB still lists as rear, Ford is replacing front pads only.

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It doesn’t just happen when sitting over night. It could be fine and then midday it makes that noise when backing out.
Thank you I’ll definitely look into your suggestions.
The dealers blame the noise on humidity.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Took to dealer today for service, they said they would check and if needed order parts. Well I got lucky cause they had a set in stock... 18000 miles and you're giving me new brake pads, thank you for the error Ford.

No damage issue with other recall on my vehicle

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Mine were the front brake pads. They were replaced.

Svilla1023

Outer Banks
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Mine were the front brake pads. They were replaced.
Update. The new front pads for the recall are junk. Brake dust all over my rims. I’m livid. I want new pads again and still waiting for my new rear pads
Sponsored