Front or Rear Brakes Recall?

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hmmm.. I still have the recall on my FP. Plus I recieved the letter in the mail. The letter did not state "Front brakes". Nhtsa states rear. FP still saying front. Pretty sure nhtsa has it right since they issued the complaint/recall. Who knows.
When did yours ship? Just checked again and my recall is still gone on both FordPass and NHTSA. Mine shipped 1/3, which is almost 2 months after the final chip it needed was installed (11/14). Recall was issued 11/23. Starting to think Whitenight is correct and they fixed the ones that were still at the plant but the system wasn’t updated.

Out of town for the weekend but going to call my salesman on Monday and ask if I can come get it. I don’t think the NHTSA would go removing recalls for no reason.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Good luck, I hope you all can get your rides soon. Remember, all of this fuss was over 30 feet of stopping distance at 60mph... IF the brake booster failed.

"In November 2021, Ford conducted an FMVSS 135 certification test, including the “Brake Power Assist Unit Inoperative” portion, on a 2021MY Bronco Sport which was equipped with a brake vacuum booster without a vacuum sensor to replicate NHTSA’s test vehicle. The test vehicle was fitted with a new current batch of brake linings from the assembly plant. The stopping distance test results for “Brake Power Assist Unit Inoperative” were 177.8 m, which exceeded the federal requirement of 168 m. Analysis of the brake system identified that the friction coefficient of the rear brake caliper linings was below the specification. "

WaitingForever

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Did they give an explanation? This seems really strange. Wonder if it’s some kind of database error, or if Ford reasoned with the NHTSA to allow the remaining 2021s to be taken off the lots since they didn’t issue a stop driving notice. Or if they just said “screw it we don’t know how to fix this”.
I didn’t ask. Sales guy just said it’s been fixed and I can get it. I don’t think anything’s been done to it.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Good luck, I hope you all can get your rides soon. Remember, all of this fuss was over 30 feet of stopping distance at 60mph... IF the brake booster failed.
My HOPE is that someone with some sense made a case to NHTSA that delaying delivery for MONTHS over this issue at a time when the economy is getting hammered from all directions may not be the best example of government priorities. My GUESS is all these cars were fixed before they left the factory, and in the mad scramble to push everything out the door as fast as possible updating the computer was put on the back burner.

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Agreed. I’m guessing they used whatever solution they used for the 2022 models to remedy the recall on models still at the factory. There’s hardly a difference between 2021 and 2022 models so for 2022 brake parts to not be compatible with the 2021s wouldn’t make any sense.

The quarter 2 talk probably had more to do with the supply issues and getting enough parts to the dealerships for repairs. We’re talking 115,000 cars affected here.

First Name
Aaliyah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi everyone! So my VIN number is not under the recall but in the last few months the squeak and noise has gotten worse. I took it to the dealership I got the car from a few months ago and they said everything looks fine. Fast forward to today and listen to this….as I reverse. Yikes. I called another dealership but they don’t have any appointments until the 25th. Really wanting to take this further and call Monday to speak with someone higher up. Haven’t even had the car for a year and really disappointed at this noise. I normally have people looking at my car in awe, now it’s in disgust when I reverse.
Anyone end up getting the noise fixed or just traded?
Video included

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Hi everyone! So my VIN number is not under the recall but in the last few months the squeak and noise has gotten worse.
The noise has nothing to do with the recall. It usually occurs after the vehicle has sat overnight, correct? You'll have to explain that to your service manager; they have to let it sit overnight at their shop before testing it. If they still "can't find anything wrong" then insist that they let it sit overnight and have you present before they test it so you can confirm the noise you're hearing. If it happens every time you back up then just insist that you be present when they check for the noise. Either way, you may have to be there to point out the noise. Yeah, I know; they should be able to hear it without your help, but some shops will push this sort of problem back to the customer because they know it poses no danger.

This is easily fixed by applying anti-rattle grease to the back side of the brake pads, or replacing the pad using one with a factory applied anti-rattle coating.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hi everyone! So my VIN number is not under the recall but in the last few months the squeak and noise has gotten worse. I took it to the dealership I got the car from a few months ago and they said everything looks fine. Fast forward to today and listen to this….as I reverse. Yikes. I called another dealership but they don’t have any appointments until the 25th. Really wanting to take this further and call Monday to speak with someone higher up. Haven’t even had the car for a year and really disappointed at this noise. I normally have people looking at my car in awe, now it’s in disgust when I reverse.
Video included

Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this on my end.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Video included

Sounds like a moose call....... , mine's done that once, haven't heard it since.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I would water spray the Caliper area's real good, front & rear , from different directions ,if its not in freezing temperatures . It may just be build up of brake & or Dirt deposits , easy way to see if it helps or does nothing .

Deleted member 6309

When did yours ship? Just checked again and my recall is still gone on both FordPass and NHTSA. Mine shipped 1/3, which is almost 2 months after the final chip it needed was installed (11/14). Recall was issued 11/23. Starting to think Whitenight is correct and they fixed the ones that were still at the plant but the system wasn’t updated.

Out of town for the weekend but going to call my salesman on Monday and ask if I can come get it. I don’t think the NHTSA would go removing recalls for no reason.
Did you pick your BS up today?!?