Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Heads up..........

Ford Motor Company is recalling select 2022-2023 Ford Bronco Sport models over a parking lamp flickering issue.

The defect: in affected vehicles, the parking lights may flicker when the headlights are activated. In turn, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 108, which refers to “Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment.”

Full Article
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
When i saw this a few week ago was a limited recall applicable to Bronco Sport models produced between March 19th, 2022, and July 28th, 2022. Number of vehicles affected: 8,246

bozer

Badlands
First Name
brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250, 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have an appointment with my local dealership to get this recall done tomorrow. I noticed my fog lamps in the bumper flickering, has anyone else had this recall done? It supposed to affect the parking lamps but I’m also noticing a problem with flickering fog lights.

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have an appointment with my local dealership to get this recall done tomorrow. I noticed my fog lamps in the bumper flickering, has anyone else had this recall done? It supposed to affect the parking lamps but I’m also noticing a problem with flickering fog lights.
Like true flickering? I have noticed the corresponding fog light turns off when I turn. Like turning left and the left one turns off once you turn the wheel far enough. Same with the right. I've never understood it, but I wouldn't call it flickering for me.

dparleng

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
I have had this recall done on my 22 Badlands. Just an FYI. It was deceiving to me. It sounded like it just needed some sort of software programming to fix it. As it turned out, they needed to order and replace 2 modules for the headlights. Just a heads up.

bozer

Badlands
First Name
brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like true flickering? I have noticed the corresponding fog light turns off when I turn. Like turning left and the left one turns off once you turn the wheel far enough. Same with the right. I've never understood it, but I wouldn't call it flickering for me.
Yes, it was true flickering, I noticed it when my wife was pulling up into the driveway. I also noticed today when my wife was driving behind me that whenever she used her blinker the headlight would go out on the same side until the blinker went off. I hope the recall fixes these issues.

Rogerthat898

Big Bend
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes, it was true flickering, I noticed it when my wife was pulling up into the driveway. I also noticed today when my wife was driving behind me that whenever she used her blinker the headlight would go out on the same side until the blinker went off. I hope the recall fixes these issues.
The fog lights on the BS are cornering fog lights. One side will light up when a turn signal is activated, when the steering wheel is turned one way at a stand still or when turning at a slow speed.
If you have the fog lights turned on both will stay lit during all of these conditions.

bozer

Badlands
First Name
brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer replaced the LED modules per the recall. Headlights, parking lamps and fog lights now work correctly.

freqnc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even though hadn't noticed the flickering I had the 22C22 recall done just to have things in order. Now the SYNC 3 resets settings every time it's turned off - has anyone experienced similar problems? Does anyone know a way to fix it?

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even though hadn't noticed the flickering I had the 22C22 recall done just to have things in order. Now the SYNC 3 resets settings every time it's turned off - has anyone experienced similar problems? Does anyone know a way to fix it?
Did you go in for anything else besides 22C22 and also is it possible the dealership did more work than replace modules and possible programming for 22C22? Can you provide a screenshot of the paperwork so we can see exactly what work the dealership performed?

because it sounds like your Sync issue is because you have Sync3.4.22251 (See 22251)

freqnc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you go in for anything else besides 22C22 and also is it possible the dealership did more work than replace modules and possible programming for 22C22? Can you provide a screenshot of the paperwork so we can see exactly what work the dealership performed?

because it sounds like your Sync issue is because you have Sync3.4.22251 (See 22251)
I installed Sync3.4.22251 already in February by myself and it worked without issues until the service recall.
I didn't go in for anything else and that's on the paperwork too...

Ford Bronco Sport FORD BRONCO SPORT RECALLED OVER PARKING LAMP FLICKERING ISSUE IMG_9734

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed Sync3.4.22251 already in February by myself and it worked without issues until the service recall.
I didn't go in for anything else and that's on the paperwork too...

Ford Bronco Sport FORD BRONCO SPORT RECALLED OVER PARKING LAMP FLICKERING ISSUE IMG_9734
Installed 22251 in Feb as well and didn’t have Sync issues until May 2023. Sounds like you also have the 22251 issues. Ford says a Sync update is coming “September 2023”. Possibly what happened is when you went in for service, some module(s) reported errors captured by Sync in rwdata partition and it is reported that when that partition fills up, Sync issues happen.

freqnc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed 22251 in Feb as well and didn’t have Sync issues until May 2023. Sounds like you also have the 22251 issues. Ford says a Sync update is coming “September 2023”. Possibly what happened is when you went in for service, some module(s) reported errors captured by Sync in rwdata partition and it is reported that when that partition fills up, Sync issues happen.
Ok, I assume it might have been coincidental that this started after the recall repair was done because the car is not used very often. I will be looking forward to the SYNC software update from Ford. Thanks for the insights!

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I assume it might have been coincidental that this started after the recall repair was done because the car is not used very often. I will be looking forward to the SYNC software update from Ford. Thanks for the insights!
I don’t think it’s coincidental because anyone running Sync3.4.22251 runs a risk of developing the 22251 issues. It’s best to hold off from doing things like upgrading to Nav Maps NA 2 22 (if applicable), having Ford update modules (unless absolutely necessary) because these things generate messages logged into the APIMs rwdata memory and it’s reported that filling up Syncs rwdata memory causes the 22251 issues.

jzombie

Big Bend
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Heads up..........

Ford Motor Company is recalling select 2022-2023 Ford Bronco Sport models over a parking lamp flickering issue.

The defect: in affected vehicles, the parking lights may flicker when the headlights are activated. In turn, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 108, which refers to “Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment.”

Full Article
So this is a fun story: I was moving out of state so didn't have this parking light recall done until December 12, 2023. I went to pick it up a few hours later and immediately had to turn around in the parking lot because my turn signal was fast-blinking as if the bulb was out. I interrupted their Saturday pizza lunch in service with my issue, so I had a huffy tech take it back to see what was wrong. My underwhelming service writer told me I had interrupted lunch but it will get fixed asap. 10 min later, I'm told it's fixed and "it was a young kid who did [my] recall work, and he forgot to plug in a connector."
So I get home around dusk, lock the doors, and notice the lights are uneven. One circle part of the headlight would be out, then one horizontal line would be out. So I'm investigating this, and I realize something else... THE TECHNICIAN SCRATCHED THE ENTIRE GRILL AND MY CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS WITH HIS BELT BUCKLE! About 3 dozen 3/4 inch gauges wrapped up the grill, and when I popped the hood, the lines continued on into the engine bay (so it was not caused by brush, car wash, etc; it could only happen when the hood was up).
So I immediately called and told them I was bringing it back as soon as I could with my work schedule. The Service manager agreed that it looked like a belt buckle "incident" and promised to make everything right. they ordered the custom emblems I had on the grill, and I made an appointment to drop off on Jan 5th after they arrived. I was told at the end of the day that they tried all day to remove the scratched emblems so they could get the grill buffed out but they couldn't do it and needed to order a new grill. So I was given a loaner and told they would get and replace the grill.
No further correspondence until today when I was told it was completed (Jan 17th). I nervously went to pick it up after work and I, unfortunately, had every reason to be nervous. The headlights are now scratched up and full of condensation! The gaps between the grill and the quarter panels and the bumper are so uneven that it exposes a weird hole where they meet. I was lucky there was another Bronco Sport right next to me in the service lane so I can A/B compare how the gaps used to look and how they look now.
I told anyone who would listen that I contacted in service that I was more than disappointed. Someone took pictures of my headlights to see if @Ford Motor Company would approve headlight replacements, and then if they took everything apart, they could address the inconsistent gaps.
I'm super upset. I have totally fallen out of love with Ford.
I have worked in a dealership setting for over a decade (motorcycles) and I cannot believe how this has gone. If I had a customer have such a crazy issue caused directly by a technician for a recall, a service manager and even the GM should be 100% involved with the vehicle until it is 100% resolved. to have to replace the whole grill and potentially 2 headlights for what should have been 2 modules...
Stay tuned for the next installment (3-5 business days to see if Ford will approve the headlight replacement. (sorry I can't find the pics of the belt buckle scratches, but here are my headlight woes and then my irregular grill gaps)

Ford Bronco Sport FORD BRONCO SPORT RECALLED OVER PARKING LAMP FLICKERING ISSUE PXL_20231214_011804541

Ford Bronco Sport FORD BRONCO SPORT RECALLED OVER PARKING LAMP FLICKERING ISSUE PXL_20231214_011815884

Ford Bronco Sport FORD BRONCO SPORT RECALLED OVER PARKING LAMP FLICKERING ISSUE PXL_20240117_212821133
Sponsored