Ford App Stranded Me!

Rutean

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
So far no complaints with my new Bronco Sport šŸ¤žBUTā€¦ I was left hanging in the Loweā€™s parking lot after going in for pipe insulation for our new Alabama home. Came out and attempted to unlock the vehicleā€¦ NOPE. The proverbial message on my phone, ā€œFord app is unavailable at this timeā€. Luckily I donā€™t live far and my wife came with the extra key. Wonā€™t use that feature anymorešŸ˜’
Sponsored

CactusBS

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So far no complaints with my new Bronco Sport šŸ¤žBUTā€¦ I was left hanging in the Loweā€™s parking lot after going in for pipe insulation for our new Alabama home. Came out and attempted to unlock the vehicleā€¦ NOPE. The proverbial message on my phone, ā€œFord app is unavailable at this timeā€. Luckily I donā€™t live far and my wife came with the extra key. Wonā€™t use that feature anymorešŸ˜’
Interesting, I keep my fob with me at all times, but I sometimes use the app for remote starting. I noticed a similar message yesterday around 5pm EST where I could not use any feature on the app. I wonder if it was a small technical issue or app maintenance on Ford's side, remote starting worked this morning so I'm assuming all is good now.

Bloomsey

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
There were multiple users yesterday and day before having issues with Fordpass, I did too and tried updating app and then deleting and reinstalling app and it's been working fine since. Another solution would be to update Sync in your BS if that's a possibility.

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
never use this. my wife downloaded it on my phone when we bought the BS, never opened it up since... i feel you shouldnt need your phone to "unlock" or 'start' your vehicle. old school i guess.
plus i see things going downhill quickly if your phone is ever lost.....
tech is nice but can be deadly....

BourbonRunner

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The app is pretty worthless. When I lost my key I could get into the vehicle, turn it on and off but not drive it back home. Had to have it towed because of it. If anything the app should be able to be used as a key but that feature is restricted only to the Mach-E and Lightning.

The other day I was sitting at my desk and my key was downstairs. Out of sheer laziness I tried to start it via the app to warm up before I left and the app didn't work at all.

OP
OP
Rutean

Rutean

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
never use this. my wife downloaded it on my phone when we bought the BS, never opened it up since... i feel you shouldnt need your phone to "unlock" or 'start' your vehicle. old school i guess.
plus i see things going downhill quickly if your phone is ever lost.....
tech is nice but can be deadly....
Agree but it is convenient and I always have the spare fob outside the vehicle and accessible

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
I've had the FordPass app fail to send a remote start to the car every now and then so, that's a little inconvenient. I've also had it tell me it failed to start the car, only go go out and find that it was, in fact, running. Happens more often than i would expect...

Am I correct in assuming that you locked your main set of keys in the car, using the FordPass app? Honestly, using the app seems like more effort than it's worth other than scheduling a future start time or sending a signal to lock the doors if not certain they were previously locked. The key fob, while WAY larger than it needs to be, is a more convenient method. But that's just my $0.02 Either way, glad getting your BS started wasn't overly inconvenient. Enjoy it!!

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
My FordPass App stopped working this week (could not start my car for a few days) - there was an update on the Android Play store for the App, I installed it and now the App is working again. The FordPass App looks different (different Icon on my phone). Maybe the old App is not working anymore. I should mention that I am running the latest software on my car - I also had Android Auto and Waze stop working and all these required updates to get them working again also.

Last edited:

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Iā€™m assuming you donā€™t have the Securi-lock keyless entry system? Itā€™s been my peace of mind for decades on my Ford vehicles.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
glad i read this, i thought i was the only one. i just thought its been our last week of -30 celcius weather.

BroncoUSA

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
The convenience's of the phone app is nice, but shouldnā€™t be relied upon as a substitute carrying your key fob for many reasons.
I also had a problem with the FordPass App this week, trying to start my Badlands with my Apple Watch, and then iPhone. The Apple Watch being another nice convenience.
I really love this technology but still stick to some old school habits. If the app works, great! If not, oh well.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
This is why the door pad deletion is such a poor decision by Ford.
But one can add it as Dealer Installed Option.
I did.
It's the same as the original, not the stick-on keypad added to Broncos and Mavericks.

sholescurtis

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The entire FORD site was down including the app. I searched it up due to the app not working at all for remote start , then I couldnā€™t log back into either app or their website after reinstalling the app. Resolved the next day. Thankfully.
Sponsored