First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
What's up Bronco Fans! Long time driver- first time poster here.
Short- back story: Within 2 weeks of owning "Bucky" (I know- my daughter hates that name too) - had a break-in Sunday mid-morning at a restaurant parking lot. (another post about that later). Mashed rear passenger glass. Standard alarm did not go off- no notifications on "Ford Pass". This started my research, which lead me here and Ford Parts online to the "Perimeter PLUS" alarm upgrade.

Here are the official details :
"Perimeter Plus Remote Start Vehicle Security module adds an effective layer of anti-theft protection to your Ford vehicle. This new accessory contains features not available from the factory and is specifically designed to protect against the theft of contents and accessories in your vehicle."

There are many videos and "tech-talk" on how to install it. I read one guy had it installed for $80. I have 3 local Fords - one of them did not understand what "alarm" I was asking them to install...then one of techs said "Oh its a Ford part... yeah we can install for $700" I called my upfitter for my company trucks and got a quick $500 bid but they needed to see if they could get the installation guide.

I am here to tell ALL BRONCO SPORT owners...this upgrade is PLUG-N-PLAY...once you get the install instructions. Not included with the parts, only the operating manual. Since we already have the "REMOTE START" turned on- no FORSCAN programing needed. Just need to do the activation steps to "connect" the alarm to your Bronco.

I will be added this to my 2 other new Fords I have for my company- '20 Ranger STX and '20 Mini-Transit - both already have the "REMOTE START" enabled.
Having this extra level of anti-theft protection may also give discounts on my insurance as well - will post updates.

I used the following:
5/16- socket and open-end wrench.
9/32" drill- hole for "flasher"
Zip ties- included in kit.

You have to discount the OBD from the rear- I removed the 2 screws and dropped it down for easier access. This is not necessary - I just have fat sausage fingers and can't hang upside down for long .
I removed the panel left of the steering column- the one that has the light controls. I drilled the flasher hole next the dash board dimmers +/- buttons. You can put it anywhere- FYI. Since the panel was removed- it was easy to zip tie the module on the frame behind the panel and route the wiring. Before I put the panel back on- I set up the alarm and then adjusted the sensitivity for the SHOCK SENSOR- its a simple turn of the knob.
Note: When I disconnected the Light Switch module - it went into "LIGHTS ON" beeping - since I had the door open.- I was a little "alarmed" when that happened.- thought "Bucky" was telling me that I was not authorized to touch the OBD or other parts.- LOL

I will recommend you seriously think about doing this "add-on" before any break-ins happen to you.
I am attaching the install Instructions I found on another Ford Forum for your review and parts list.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/part-model/ford-bronco-sport-anti-theft-flasher.html
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/part-model/ford-bronco-sport-security-system.html

Ford Bronco Sport Ford Perimeter Plus Alarm Upgrade KIMG2641
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Perimeter Plus Alarm Upgrade KIMG2642
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Perimeter Plus Alarm Upgrade KIMG2645
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Perimeter Plus Alarm Upgrade KIMG2647
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Perimeter Plus Alarm Upgrade KIMG2649
Sponsored

Attachments

NaysBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I did this on my F150 to get the lock-unlock-lock remote start feature. We don't have remote start option with our badlands, can anyone confirm that this will give those of us without a remote start option?

OP
OP
Poolmanz Sport Bronco

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
I did this on my F150 to get the lock-unlock-lock remote start feature. We don't have remote start option with our badlands, can anyone confirm that this will give those of us without a remote start option?
S'up Nay, I think ALL Broncos have that feature . Note this from the sales cut sheet:

"With the FordPass™ App and FordPass Connect
access complimentary remote features like
start/stop, lock/unlock, schedule a start, locate
your vehicle and vehicle status check."

You may want to check your vehicle settings- you can turn it off or on.
Make sure you have the latest updates as well. I park on my grass and connect to my home network- check and download updates while I wash "Bucky".

But there is a small jumper pin that comes with the kit.- if you don't install that - it will not do the remote start- but everything else will work.

Attachments

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
while not 'directly' everyone with Ford Pass app has the remote start option. So yes techincally, it's part of the module. It may not be present on the FOB, but that's a whole different situation. Today I locked my doors from inside a store, wasn't sure if I had locked them so I used the App and pushed/held the lock feature. I do not have remote start on my Fob. And btw thanks for the info. We live in an area notorious for smash and grab. The government assisted living turned into crack alley.

NaysBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Thanks. I use lock-unlock-lock remote start on my F150 thanks to that module all the time. My wife's BS doesn't have the remote start via the fob, but she has used the app. I might give it a shot to get remote start from the fob.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had this alarm set up on my 2018 F150 when I bought it, although I never had a break in, it worked well when I tested it.

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
Is anyone able to explain the difference or the added functions with the perimeter plus vs. The standard perimeter alarm that came with the vehicle. I guess my understanding is that it had an added shock sensor, and the ability to turn on the dashcam when triggered?

Thank you

OP
OP
Poolmanz Sport Bronco

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
Is anyone able to explain the difference or the added functions with the perimeter plus vs. The standard perimeter alarm that came with the vehicle. I guess my understanding is that it had an added shock sensor, and the ability to turn on the dashcam when triggered?

Thank you
S'Up Geelloo,
Been away, sorry for the delay.
OK, this is my understanding based on my research and reading the manuals.
The P+ adds- shock / impact sensor , starter interrupt, and remote start (1.any FOB will work 2. if its not activated you will need to do so at dealer or FORSCAN )
You can add optional flasher, long range antenna, and starter FOBs.
To use the remote start- once enabled.
1. Press LOCK
2. Press UNLOCK within 3 secs.
3. Press LOCK within 3 secs.

The SP...aka "Passive Anti-Theft System" is triggered if any door, rear glass, tailgate or hood is opened with using the key, FOB, or keypad.

P.S.- The FORD dashcam is completely separated from any alarms- it has its own motion detectors "Parking Mode"- so starts to record if any outside movements while in park. I will be getting this installed later this year. BTW.

Poolman Bruce?

Last edited:

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
S'Up Geelloo,
Been away, sorry for the delay.
OK, this is my understanding based on my research and reading the manuals.
The P+ adds- shock / impact sensor , starter interrupt, and remote start (1.any FOB will work 2. if its not activated you will need to do so at dealer or FORSCAN )
You can add optional flasher, long range antenna, and starter FOBs.
To use the remote start- once enabled.
1. Press ?
2. Press ?unlock within 3 secs.
3. Press ? within 3 secs.

The SP...aka "Passive Anti-Theft System" is triggered if any door, rear glass, tailgate or hood is opened with using the key, FOB, or keypad.

P.S.- The FORD dashcam is completely separated from any alarms- it has its own motion detectors "Parking Mode"- so starts to record if any outside movements while in park. I will be getting this installed later this year. BTW.

Poolman Bruce?
Thank you so much for the explanation!!

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
Okay, now I'm confused...

My Bandlands already has the remote start option which works both on the remote and the Ford Pass Connect app. What do I need to do to add the shock sensor? I looked at the part linked above and it says it contains the shock alarm as well as remote start.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Poolmanz Sport Bronco

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
Okay, now I'm confused...

My Bandlands already has the remote start option which works both on the remote and the Ford Pass Connect app. What do I need to do to add the shock sensor? I looked at the part linked above and it says it contains the shock alarm as well as remote start.
Aloha Big K!
The remote start feature can be enabled or disabled on the unit via a jumper that comes with the unit. My FE too already had the remote start on the FOB.... So I kept the remote start enabled on the alarm... Nothing changed still works as it did before.

You can also adjust the sensitivity. I set it high... Funny story.. My daughter's friend come over and she bumped her front bike tire into my front tire... The alarm set off immediately.. Scared her.
If I bump my fist on the body it gives a short honk... So it works great.

I finally had the dash cameras installed and they work along with any alarm... Heads up if you get the rear camera.. If you don't unlock the tail gate but only touch the handle to keyless entry . The motion of the camera moving up sets the alarm off. FYI

Wabarca2

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
What's up Bronco Fans! Long time driver- first time poster here.
Short- back story: Within 2 weeks of owning "Bucky" (I know- my daughter hates that name too) - had a break-in Sunday mid-morning at a restaurant parking lot. (another post about that later). Mashed rear passenger glass. Standard alarm did not go off- no notifications on "Ford Pass". This started my research, which lead me here and Ford Parts online to the "Perimeter PLUS" alarm upgrade.

Here are the official details :
"Perimeter Plus Remote Start Vehicle Security module adds an effective layer of anti-theft protection to your Ford vehicle. This new accessory contains features not available from the factory and is specifically designed to protect against the theft of contents and accessories in your vehicle."

There are many videos and "tech-talk" on how to install it. I read one guy had it installed for $80. I have 3 local Fords - one of them did not understand what "alarm" I was asking them to install...then one of techs said "Oh its a Ford part... yeah we can install for $700" I called my upfitter for my company trucks and got a quick $500 bid but they needed to see if they could get the installation guide.

I am here to tell ALL BRONCO SPORT owners...this upgrade is PLUG-N-PLAY...once you get the install instructions. Not included with the parts, only the operating manual. Since we already have the "REMOTE START" turned on- no FORSCAN programing needed. Just need to do the activation steps to "connect" the alarm to your Bronco.

I will be added this to my 2 other new Fords I have for my company- '20 Ranger STX and '20 Mini-Transit - both already have the "REMOTE START" enabled.
Having this extra level of anti-theft protection may also give discounts on my insurance as well - will post updates.

I used the following:
5/16- socket and open-end wrench.
9/32" drill- hole for "flasher"
Zip ties- included in kit.

You have to discount the OBD from the rear- I removed the 2 screws and dropped it down for easier access. This is not necessary - I just have fat sausage fingers and can't hang upside down for long .
I removed the panel left of the steering column- the one that has the light controls. I drilled the flasher hole next the dash board dimmers +/- buttons. You can put it anywhere- FYI. Since the panel was removed- it was easy to zip tie the module on the frame behind the panel and route the wiring. Before I put the panel back on- I set up the alarm and then adjusted the sensitivity for the SHOCK SENSOR- its a simple turn of the knob.
Note: When I disconnected the Light Switch module - it went into "LIGHTS ON" beeping - since I had the door open.- I was a little "alarmed" when that happened.- thought "Bucky" was telling me that I was not authorized to touch the OBD or other parts.- LOL

I will recommend you seriously think about doing this "add-on" before any break-ins happen to you.
I am attaching the install Instructions I found on another Ford Forum for your review and parts list.

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/part-model/ford-bronco-sport-anti-theft-flasher.html
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/part-model/ford-bronco-sport-security-system.html

Ford Bronco Sport Ford Perimeter Plus Alarm Upgrade KIMG2641
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Perimeter Plus Alarm Upgrade KIMG2642
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Perimeter Plus Alarm Upgrade KIMG2645
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Perimeter Plus Alarm Upgrade KIMG2647
Ford Bronco Sport Ford Perimeter Plus Alarm Upgrade KIMG2649
So if I'm understanding you right you just unplug the obd plug install the harness to it and set the sensitivity of the Alarm and your done?

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
To get the remote start function to work with a key fob you need to have ordered the 360+ option. You can however, purchase the key fobs from your dealer and they can program them and the BS for remote start.

In addition - The Perimeter Plus package states this also:
  • When activated by your Ford Dealer, the Basic Remote Start System is also included; start your vehicle from up to 300' away

OP
OP
Poolmanz Sport Bronco

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
So if I'm understanding you right you just unplug the obd plug install the harness to it and set the sensitivity of the Alarm and your done?
More or Less..... Its all in the install manual and youtube.
Sensitivity can be at default setting...optional to adjust it.

Anyone ordering Broncos - I think can have this installed by the dealer.

Wabarca2

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I installed it yesterday and it works great. It was also a easy install
Sponsored