For those interested in getting wireless car play rather than have to plug the phone in.

OP
OP
Omar A

Omar A

Big Bend
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco

Palom0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2021 Wildtrak, Carbonized Gray
Carlinkit 4.0, while good has some issues. Android Auto implementation is not so good. Maybe in the next firmware versions it will but so far it randomly gives me a pixelated screen. Aside from that, the CarPlay side if it works just live v.3

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
Carlinkit 4.0, while good has some issues. Android Auto implementation is not so good. Maybe in the next firmware versions it will but so far it randomly gives me a pixelated screen. Aside from that, the CarPlay side if it works just live v.3
Carlinkit 4.0's Android Auto implementation isn't great. What it does is it basically "fakes" to the car radio that it's Carplay, and translates that for the Android phone.

The pro of this is that there are some cars/aftermarket radios which had Carplay support, but no Android Auto support - so for those people, this gives them the opportunity to use Android Auto without a new vehicle (or aftermarket radio) purchase. The con is it's not the best implementation.

If you use Android Auto on a car that supports it wired, my recommendation would be to get the Motorola MA1 wireless Android auto adapter. $100 MSRP $90 on Amazon right now, if you set a deal alert on a site like slickdeals and get lucky, it sometimes goes on sale for ~$70.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Bought the Motorola MA 1 for my wife's BS BL since we didn't get NAV.

Liked it so much I bought one for my Escape.

Had our music on USB flash drives. Bought 128 GB micro-SD cards for our phones so we can get our music with Android Auto.

Also added TuneIn Radio to our phones. It has Jeopardy channels!

This 64-year-old is actually getting to the 21st century!🙂

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
The only problem with carlinkit for andoid auto is the output resolution is higher, meaning the map and writing is smaller.
Sponsored