rickmorton

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My left turn signal has started double-timing clicks. The lights are flashing normally, but the clicking is going twice as fast. ???
Any ideas?
Sponsored

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang GT
My left turn signal has started double-timing clicks. The lights are flashing normally, but the clicking is going twice as fast. ???
Any ideas?
Sometimes it means that you have a bulb out (or used to back in the day) did you check bulbs both front and back to make sure one was not out?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Any ideas?
Hi there! Can you send us a DM with more information? I’ll see how I can assist on my end. Thanks!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
OP. Don't bother. One of your bulbs is bad. Just replace and don't deal with the Ford runaround.
Except when a Ford rep on the board requests information...then you oblige. A) it may resolve an unknown issue, B) may be as simple as replace a bulb, C) may help Ford collect data for future awareness. A bulb going out within the first year may indicate a number of things.
For someone so particular about the top of the line...you have an acute awareness of production and R/D.
Any time we have someone from Ford willing to help and interject, consider it a collective win. Too many times folks come here and bitch about how "Ford don't care, Ford sucks, Ford...blah blah"..well...here's Ford trying to help.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Except when a Ford rep on the board requests information...then you oblige. A) it may resolve an unknown issue, B) may be as simple as replace a bulb, C) may help Ford collect data for future awareness. A bulb going out within the first year may indicate a number of things.
For someone so particular about the top of the line...you have an acute awareness of production and R/D.
Any time we have someone from Ford willing to help and interject, consider it a collective win. Too many times folks come here and bitch about how "Ford don't care, Ford sucks, Ford...blah blah"..well...here's Ford trying to help.
What did the Ford rep do for you?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
What did the Ford rep do for you?
See:
Posted above. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
Ford Motor Company
First Edition
Today at 4:26 PM
Add bookmark
rickmorton said:
Any ideas?
Hi there! Can you send us a DM with more information? I’ll see how I can assist on my end. Thanks

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
See:
Posted above. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
Ford Motor Company
First Edition
Today at 4:26 PM
Add bookmark
rickmorton said:
Any ideas?
Hi there! Can you send us a DM with more information? I’ll see how I can assist on my end. Thanks
Yes, that is the standard copy/paste Ford rep response, but what, if anything, did they actually do?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Yes, that is the standard copy/paste Ford rep response, but what, if anything, did they actually do?
In my case I responded with additional information. Next thing I received an email from Ford asking if I had gone to my dealer for my low battery/remote features turned off issue. my case was transferred to a new handler and they called to let me know. I told them I was diagnosing this myself and would go to the dealer when I knew more. They said that’s fine, added my notes to their file, and now I have a case # so this is documented and can be tracked.

I found the whole process to be a great service.

Last edited:

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
They helped me when I had a leaking suspension mount ( yes a liquid filled mount ) , I posted here & as above contacted me & my Dealer & fixed the issue . There is a thread on it here somewhere , I will post a link when I find time to look . I'm happy with their participation here ,to me its a very good thing , seems to be more than a publicity exercise .

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Based on responses following your question...exactly what Ford is supposed to do. Communicate, trouble shoot, and make efforts to find resolution.
I'm not exactly sure what red carpet service you are looking for...but having a Ford rep taking time to post "copy/paste" corporate is...well... corporate professionalism. It's called a launch point. Kudos to @FordMotorCompany
Be thankful someone is here making an effort to help out. Based on what I've read, and experienced....it's a welcomed discussion. Maybe go buy a Chevy? Jeep?​

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The whole point of this forum (IMO) is the help by crowdsourcing information. If @Ford Motor Company wants to chime in and help, I’m all for it. As @13MikeH says, it also provides them real time data on issues.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The whole point of this forum (IMO) is the help by crowdsourcing information. If @Ford Motor Company wants to chime in and help, I’m all for it. As @13MikeH says, it also provides them real time data on issues.
Spot.on. the stuff I've learned from other members is priceless. From builds to mods, to mistakes...service bulletins, etc. Having Ford here, just adds another layer of problem solving. Face it, the board is full of very smart and very creative/intelligent members with experiences and skills. Likewise there are plenty of people with questions. Adding OEM information just ices the cake. It's common sense.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The whole point of this forum (IMO) is the help by crowdsourcing information. If @Ford Motor Company wants to chime in and help, I’m all for it. As @Mike H says, it also provides them real time data on issues.
For anyone reading this, I said on another thread I was going to try to collect data on whether/how much assistance FoMoCo actually provides other forum users. I sent a message (via the Contact Us form) to the forum owner asking if it would be acceptable to set up a poll requesting that information from forum users, but I received no response. I don't know if that means they are busy (it's been a couple of weeks) or they don't want to annoy what I assume is a paying sponsor.

At any rate, we have two users who've responded on this thread that FoMoCo helped with their issues. I suspected that FoMoCo would not post here offering to help people if it had no intention of doing so, but this is the first evidence I've seen that it actually does.

I think it would be really helpful if everyone contacted here on the forum by Ford posted a follow-up on their experience.
Sponsored