Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
...it can be detrimental...
If by "detrimental" they mean likely to cause "engine-cover envy" and a lot of calls to the dealership from owners who didn't get one, I agree.

Seriously, the only "detriment" I can think of is it will add a few minutes to any job requiring work on engine components under it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Prefer the look also. I don't like the bowl of spaghetti look without one. Can't say if it's quieter but I assume it would be. Unlike the engine cover on my 2 previous Escape's that were made of plastic, the sport cover is a dense foam rubber which I think would be better at noise control.

If I didn't have it, I probably would buy one.
Mt thought is about hosing off the engine compartment. That is why I wish I could find an engine cover. I like to keep it somewhat clean. The cover protects the wiring harness from dirt and water. If this was a car from the 70's probably would not be as concerned about hosing it off.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
My '23 OBX didn't come with either. I bought and installed the engine cover, but not the hood insulation. View attachment 34276
Now you are making everyone else envious for have the insulation above the firewall.

I think I’ll complain to.. (no one). 😎

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Now you are making everyone else envious for have the insulation above the firewall.

I think I’ll complain to.. (no one). 😎
I installed the engine cover, Redline hood struts and strut tower brace. That insulation is probably standard on the '23 OBX. I didn't install it. The vehicle came like that. I did install the under-hood insulation, however.

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the engine cover, Redline hood struts and strut tower brace. That insulation is probably standard on the '23 OBX. I didn't install it. The vehicle came like that.
It is standard on the OBX. I’m guessing that helps more with internal cabin noise coming from the engine compartment than the rubber cover or felt under the hood.

OP
OP
Mrouse53

Mrouse53

Big Bend
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
It is standard on the OBX. I’m guessing that helps more with internal cabin noise coming from the engine compartment than the rubber cover or felt under the hood.
I guess I was also wondering about heat on the hood also. I know i shouldn't compare to a diesel engine heat, but i do !!I feel mine is really quiet inside! My 23 OBX did not come with either cover or insulation.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I was also wondering about heat on the hood also. I know i shouldn't compare to a diesel engine heat, but i do !!I feel mine is really quiet inside! My 23 OBX did not come with either cover or insulation.
The heat won’t hurt the hood, but helps the engine warm up ever so faster and will keep it in a little bit longer for those of us in the great white north!

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I tried getting an engine cover last month with not luck. The Lincoln one I think I have found. Looks right but different part number I believe.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey, I'm not sure about this, wondering, with no engine cover or hood insulation, should this be something to look into? Thanks!
Not needed, but maybe nice to have. I've thought the hood liner must cut noise down, and the engine cover somewhat protective with all of the hoses/wires/connections under there. BUT I THINK it's possible 1 or 2 of the necessary studs to mount the engine cover might be missing on models delivered without it.

LawDog

Big Bend
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 Supercrew 2010 Expedition 2001 Bullitt
I installed the engine cover, Redline hood struts and strut tower brace. That insulation is probably standard on the '23 OBX. I didn't install it. The vehicle came like that.
Not really part of this thread, but what difference did you notice with the addition of the strut tower brace?

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really part of this thread, but what difference did you notice with the addition of the strut tower brace?
I've only got 140 miles on my OBX. I did have a strut tower brace on a previous '06 Mustang GT. It helped stiffen the handling and cornering. I don't think a brace would improve off-roading at all. I just like a good handling everyday vehicle and thought the brace would help do that. I didn't drive very much before installation; therefore, I can't make a comparison.

mtford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150, '23 Bronco Sport Heritage
My Heritage didn't come with the engine cover either, but added it to complete the better look under the hood. Can't believe it can cause ill effect to this little 1.5 engine! Decals placed to add a bit of zing.

Ford Bronco Sport Engine cover or hood  insulation? 794BB6F4-9A71-428E-AF25-42C209851B54

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not needed, but maybe nice to have. I've thought the hood liner must cut noise down, and the engine cover somewhat protective with all of the hoses/wires/connections under there. BUT I THINK it's possible 1 or 2 of the necessary studs to mount the engine cover might be missing on models delivered without it.
Correct: Additional studs must be purchased. Check the forum, there are several threads and also instructions for installation

LV2ROAM

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I purchased a 2022 OB in October which didn't come with either the engine or hood covers. I experienced driving without either for about 3 weeks. My dealership rounded me up the engine cover and I purchased the hood cover. With each install I noticed a distinct decrease in road noise. So for me I feel both are needed in order to suppress the dreaded road noise. I'm not saying that it will suppress all of the noise but it was a considerable difference once I had both covers installed.
Sponsored