Mrouse53

Big Bend
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Hey, I'm not sure about this, wondering, with no engine cover or hood insulation, should this be something to look into? Thanks!
Sponsored

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I was thinking about buying an engine cover since they're available at certain dealers. It's rubber too so it'll be nice and durable. I have to say even without the cover the car is very quiet and well insulated. There's very little engine noise or road noise thanks in part to the carpeted wheel wells all around, the Michelin tires, the thick carpets inside, and the foam insulation pads in the door jambs. I have the same exact car as you. šŸ˜Ž

Ford Bronco Sport Engine cover or hood  insulation? PXL_20230127_175339098

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I donā€™t think they a need to be looked into.

The engine cover provides a nice flat surface to set your beverage on while you have the hood open.

The hood insulation is not included on all trims even with the same engine so you are good there too.

That being said, if you can find them, they are not terrible expensive so adding them is easy, but rumor has it they are hard to come by.

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
Hey, I'm not sure about this, wondering, with no engine cover or hood insulation, should this be something to look into? Thanks!
Thereā€™s no question the hood insulation makes a sound difference. Added it to my 21 Big Bend.
Engine cover is only important if you like the feeling of seeing something like an engine when you pop the hood.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 sport badlands. Build date 2-2021. Has both the hood insulation & engine cover.
The Base and Big Bend do not come with a hood insulation blanket. None of the trims now come with an engine cover. The OPā€™s question was are they needed. My response is no. Your mileage may vary.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Neither are needed but if you want like them sure go buy and install.

OP
OP
Mrouse53

Mrouse53

Big Bend
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I was thinking about buying an engine cover since they're available at certain dealers. It's rubber too so it'll be nice and durable. I have to say even without the cover the car is very quiet and well insulated. There's very little engine noise or road noise thanks in part to the carpeted wheel wells all around, the Michelin tires, the thick carpets inside, and the foam insulation pads in the door jambs. I have the same exact car as you. šŸ˜Ž

Ford Bronco Sport Engine cover or hood  insulation? PXL_20230127_175339098
We do!! It seems to catch people's eye! But I think they all do. I do love the clean sharp look!
It is very quiet. I just wanted to be sure the hood was protected. Glad to be your twin!!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And now it seems OBX has neither!
I'll still stand by my comment they are not needed. Same with the insulation panel underneath the passenger side dash. People claim they make it quieter and I'm sure they do by some percentage. I certainly couldn't tell the difference but then I think the stock radio sounds just fine.

All are very easy to install and not that much money so if you want to make it as quiet as you can without added aftermarket deadening panels and patches, give it a try.

Last edited:

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
We do!! It seems to catch people's eye! But I think they all do. I do love the clean sharp look!
It is very quiet. I just wanted to be sure the hood was protected. Glad to be your twin!!
Prefer the look also. I don't like the bowl of spaghetti look without one. Can't say if it's quieter but I assume it would be. Unlike the engine cover on my 2 previous Escape's that were made of plastic, the sport cover is a dense foam rubber which I think would be better at noise control.

If I didn't have it, I probably would buy one.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I asked my local dealership to check on this on my HL. I have the insulation but not the cover. They said they can get the cover but they recommend I do not do it because ā€œit can be detrimental and that is why it is discontinuedā€. Iā€™m assuming bullshit and thinking I should add it (if not for any reason than the level beer holder). Thoughts?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked my local dealership to check on this on my HL. I have the insulation but not the cover. They said they can get the cover but they recommend I do not do it because ā€œit can be detrimental and that is why it is discontinuedā€. Iā€™m assuming bullshit and thinking I should add it (if not for any reason than the level beer holder). Thoughts?
Thatā€™s the only real reason to have it in my opinion, but then Iā€™m an old fart that still remembers what an engine looks like without all the other crap thatā€™s been added to hide the engine in the last 60 years.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I say add engine cover they are cool and hide all the spaghetti hoses wires under there. That way when you pop hood looks a lot better.