First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport outer banks
I think if it this way.

How often do you think, in pretty much every parking lot, people experience;

“Hey bro, is that the new forester? Man I haven’t seen one yet, It’s real nice.”?

I love the kerb appeal of my BS, my grandma loves the safety on her forester.
Sponsored

debmc1958

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Edmund's is one of the most respected names in auto ratings and car value guides. They put the BS up against the Subaru Forester and picked the Forester as best for the average buyer. Guess I'm not the average buyer. Who wants to be average? I'm sure Ford is disappointed with this. Are you average?

Edmunds: 2021 Ford Bronco Sport vs the Subaru Forester (yahoo.com)
I've been driving a 2010 Forester for almost 11 years. It is hands down the most uncomfortable car I've ever driven. And the windshield started chipping pretty much immediately. Overall, it was a reliable vehicle, and I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. I love to love my car. It was not as good as my 2002 Honda CRV in the snow, also for a vehicle with good clearance, I had a couple of issues just from driving on dirt roads with some pot holes. Everyone is telling me to get a Honda but they are so ugly and bland I can't bring myself to do it. If I can figure out how much I would actually be paying for the Bronco Sport I saw today, I might own it as soon as Monday. It reminds me a bit of my '91 S-10 Blazer. I can't figure out why car manufacturers make such boring vehicles. I did get a look at the Mach-e today that was pretty cool. edited to add that the brakes in the Subaru have always felt spongy.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Everyone is telling me to get a Honda but they are so ugly and bland I can't bring myself to do it.
Local dealers to me have huge selection of CRVs in stock on the lot. But yeah ugly Hondas they need to get some new people in the design studios and add a 2.0 turbo engine option to that CRV.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
in 2015, when my Escape was at 200,000+ miles, I was looking for a replacement. At that time, the Forester was available with a manual and was on my list as a manual transmission was a high priority for me. The oil consumption issues and whiny powertain kept me away and I ultimately purchased a 2016 CX-5 (manual) and moved on.
With a CVT, the Forester would completely be off my radar.

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
The overly simplified review, completely ignores the tech advantage of the Bronco sport. Subarus interface for all of the apps and smartphone is terrible. To call it a tie is ridiculous. They also give points to the Subaru for having navigation. Apparently this reviewer or didn't get the memo that once you have Apple carplay or Android auto you don't need navigation anymore because the navigation in your phone comes up on the screen. I update my phone much more often than I update my car, so I'll always have the newest navigation at my fingertips.

Not to mention as the rest of you have pointed out Subarus are boring.

Mblmr_chick

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacqueline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
My sister has an Outback she loves so I looked into the Subarus. My husband was super embarrassed, but every time I saw a Forester driver, I asked what they thought of the vehicle. While up North especially, an overwhelming amount of drivers said the Forester was disappointing in the snow. One lady said she got it specifically for Michigan winters and it let her down immensely.

Every forum and group I have seen regarding the Bronco Sport and snow showed a vehicle that could handle it, pretty much with ease. That was the big reason I waited to get my baby Bronco. That and I agree with the earlier poster that said the Subaru looks like they stuck Tupperware on it.

OP
OP
Bronclahoma

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
One reoccurring theme in the post is the fun/gallon the BS has. Put a BS in sport mode and take a drive. If this doesn't make you want to throw rocks at the Subarus, you probably don't deserve a BS anyway. They are difficult to get, let the people who appreciate them buy them.

Mudpie

First Edition
First Name
Mudpie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE, 2009 Jeep JK
Kinda of a biased review. Forester has been around a long time. Many generations. Its downfall is the anemic 2.5L engine that drinks oil. How can you compare that to a new model like the Bronco Sport. You hear many people say not to buy the first year of a new model. That way all the kinks are worked out the second year. 21MY Badlands and FE are not available for order anymore. 22MY orders should open soon. I hear a lifted Sub Forester Wilderness model is coming soon with a possible 2.4L Turbo engine. The 2.4L has a timing chain as the 2.5L has a timing belt.

mtrm100

Badlands
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I find it interesting how many people compared the Forester and the Bronco Sport for their next car - I certainly did. Yes - it has a little more headroom, didn't like the console in the Forester and while the Bronco sport has a few tweaks I would make, it hands down, beats the Forester in the fun factor. Why drive a car that isn't fun!
Sponsored