Edmund's picks Subaru Forester over Bronco Sport

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I agree with most of that. But I've made to to my mid-fifties without a moving accident. I attribute that to attentiveness, which I believe a manual forces additional attentiveness when driving. All of that automation is great as long as it doesn't breed complacency, which it apparently did with several former Tesla drivers.

But yeah, the additional cost to properly develop the mandated safety features for the ever-decreasing (almost non-existent) segment deems it unfeasible.
You also grew up without cell phones and the internet. How many teenagers today will make it to their mid-fifties without an accident?
Sponsored

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
You also grew up without cell phones and the internet. How many teenagers today will make it to their mid-fifties without an accident?
Right. To that point, I've had friends tell me over the years that they didn't want to overwhelm their young drivers with the burden and distraction of a manual, not realizing that the greater distraction was the cell phone their teens were texting on. The manual transmission, being part of driving, actually requires more focus of the driver to the vehicles operation than a distraction.

There was a survey about ten years ago that revealed teen boys would give up their driving rights before their cell phone/social media. Times change, and hopefully, these safety features will keep drivers safe.

OP
OP
Bronclahoma

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
One issue neither Edmund's nor members have brought up-- resale value. It's early in Bronco's lifespan, but demand is through the roof. Manufacturers and financial institutions calculate residual values for leases. I'd like to see Ford's residual percentage of MSRP in 36 month's against it's competitors. Certainly resale is a consideration at purchase. Several reviewers have also picked the Jeep Trail Hawk over Bronco as well. I've sold thousands of off-lease vehicles way below their residuals. So sometimes manufacturers' enthusiasm to sell vehicles clouds their credit judgements.

I know we are enjoying our BS. In TX for a week, home for a week, and then to Taos to give it a good off road test.

GaryS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
One thing I keep seeing in all these reviews are excessive wind noises, but I swear I never hear any wind noise driving my BS, anyone else? Maybe because I always have the radio on, but it’s not on very high...
I love my BS, but yes it has fairly high wind noise. Not so much when everything's closed, but I like to drive with the windows open, and the noise and draft is much more than any other car I've owned. So is opening the sunroof either all the way, or just in vent mode. I'm sure it has something to do with the shape of the vehicle.

OHVBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
One thing I keep seeing in all these reviews are excessive wind noises, but I swear I never hear any wind noise driving my BS, anyone else? Maybe because I always have the radio on, but it’s not on very high...
Once I put a rtt and lifted it the wind noise got a lot worse, who would’ve guessed!? But I’m always listening to music so I don’t even notice.
Sponsored