PersimmonHills

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hi! My wife has a Badlands, she bought a mannequin. It didn't have a hitch.

I like the looks of the OEM(M1PZ-19D520-A) unit best. Does anyone know if it includes the trim piece? They seem to be on major backorder.

So, I see that Draw-time and Curt have units. I am sure that either is going to be great quality. It looks like the Curt would mount higher and the cleaner finish. My biggest concern is not causing any ground clearance obstructions.

I did find the factory wiring and have it on the way.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Sponsored

Goodnighta

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have the factory tow package on my BB and actually just towed with it over the weekend. The only thing I noticed with mine is there is some play more than usual with the receiver itself making towing pretty noisy I know some manufacturers line the receivers with padding to cut down on the rattle if you need any close up pictures of the factory hitch let me know I can take some in the morning

wilbur_xmas

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I tried a number of hitches on my old rig (2001 Infiniti QX4) and the Curt hitch was far and away the superior product with a better design, construction, and fitment. The Reese hitch was the worst and was quickly returned. Curt is the first brand I look at when looking at hitch options.

OP
OP
PersimmonHills

PersimmonHills

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks! I would like to see pics. I see that the Ford hitch is likely going to be a LONG wait.

I was already leaning to the Curt. I imagine that I could go that way and swap to the Ford if it is a big improvement.

mrwhitson10

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have one ordered through a local hitch installer. I believe it is the Curt receiver. We are just waiting on the wiring to come in so I should be getting it installed late this week. I will let you know how it goes/looks and add some photos.

I tried ordering the Ford hitch and it does seem like it is going to be a long time before they are available. Ordered it a month and a half ago and they didn't seem to have any idea when it could be in.

bronctimus

Badlands
First Name
optimus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
I have one ordered through a local hitch installer. I believe it is the Curt receiver. We are just waiting on the wiring to come in so I should be getting it installed late this week. I will let you know how it goes/looks and add some photos.

I tried ordering the Ford hitch and it does seem like it is going to be a long time before they are available. Ordered it a month and a half ago and they didn't seem to have any idea when it could be in.
would like to see pics too, unfortunately have the order in without tow hitch but think it would be useful for transporting bicycles

mrwhitson10

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
So I got the draw-tite hitch installed and picked up earlier this week. They did a pretty good job and it doesn’t look half bad.
I am currently on a trip towing a trailer full of boats and it is just a bit noisy, I doubt it’s much to worry about, but maybe some padding would help? I don’t know.

Ford Bronco Sport Draw-tite Hitch vs. OEM 12607609-E5FB-4F35-B591-F6F8EF87FEC6

Ford Bronco Sport Draw-tite Hitch vs. OEM 9FBD1099-82D0-43EA-AC4B-2F4B2DCAB8A5

Ford Bronco Sport Draw-tite Hitch vs. OEM 53C6A59D-8BFB-416B-95EF-BBD90ACDBAAD

Last edited:

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
So I got the draw-tite hitch installed and picked up earlier this week. They did a pretty good job and it doesn’t look half bad.
I am currently on a trip towing a trailer full of boats and it is just a bit noisy, I doubt it’s much to worry about, but maybe some padding would help? I don’t know.
Ford Bronco Sport Draw-tite Hitch vs. OEM 9FBD1099-82D0-43EA-AC4B-2F4B2DCAB8A5
That actually looks like it's not too much lower than the factory hitch and doesn't reduce the height clearance.

Digger B

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Greetings.

I picked up a Big Bend (cactus grey) last week and immediately began the process of setting it up.

First on the agenda is a tow hitch. After quite a bit of research I decided to go with the Curt. Only to find that it is on backorder, just like the OEM unit. As someone eluded too, it appears quite likely Curt may be the supplier. That left me with only the Drawtite unit. So ordered one up off fleabay (with the T-connector) included. It should be here by the end of the week and I hope to install over the coming weekend. For anyone interested I will post a few pics of the install process and how it all goes.

next up - cross bars, all weather floor mats, more "all-terrian" style tires, etc... let the games begin !!

Digger B

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So it took me a few extra days to get around too, but I got the Drawtite hitch installed and here are a few photos and thoughts about the install

1. Instructions are good with one major exception, there is a hidden 8mm bolt under the rear wheel trim. The instructions call for removing it, but say to use a socket wrench. Good luck with that. I fortunately had a 8mm offset wrench that I was able to patiently use to remove it. The bolt is there, but you really gotta bend the rear wheel well trim to see/get at it.

2. The rear fascia cut out does not need to be as large as stated in the instructions, my cutout is 1/2 smaller all the way around.

I also installed the wiring harness. Only slight degree of suck is running the power wire to the battery. Pretty easy to keep it safely hidden on the underside.

Pics below.

Ford Bronco Sport Draw-tite Hitch vs. OEM b1
Ford Bronco Sport Draw-tite Hitch vs. OEM b2
Ford Bronco Sport Draw-tite Hitch vs. OEM b3
Ford Bronco Sport Draw-tite Hitch vs. OEM b4

-B

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Does the aftermarket light kit also provide the handy trailer turn/brake lamp test and dash display status indication?

Digger B

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Does the aftermarket light kit also provide the handy trailer turn/brake lamp test and dash display status indication?
not sure what that is ??? assuming its something that tells you if the indicators are all working from the cab, I always do a physical check of my lighting when I hookup a trailer. I likely wouldn't trust any such things anyway. Like a pilot before takeoff, a good physical check gives me confidence that things are working. A quick walk around is good exercise. :muscle:

-B

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I towed Jeeps behind my RVs for over 100K miles and always checked the lights and that the toad was in neutral and steering unlocked. Towing my workhorse flatbed trailer behind my Wrangler I checked the lights on the drivers side because I could see them. Now with my BS I “trust the force” and believe the dash display when it gives me the AOK on my trailer lights. Who says you don’t get lazy as you get older! :crackup:

Digger B

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I towed Jeeps behind my RVs for over 100K miles and always checked the lights and that the toad was in neutral and steering unlocked. Towing my workhorse flatbed trailer behind my Wrangler I checked the lights on the drivers side because I could see them. Now with my BS I “trust the force” and believe the dash display when it gives me the AOK on my trailer lights. Who says you don’t get lazy as you get older! :crackup:
I'll have to figure out if that is an "option" that only works with the trailer package? Either way, i'll probably still double check.

FWIW - All said and done the hitch and wiring cost me $270 and about 2 - 3 hours. But in truth I had the option of getting a White Big Bend with the Trailer package (best I can recall it was around $350 additional) a local dealer had in stock. Wife wanted the Cactus Grey BB they had just got in... I didnt care much for the color at the time, but accommodate the wife I must... the color grew on me so all is well. But if you can, get one with the trailer package already installed for the few $$ more its worth it.

of course opinons may vary

-B
Sponsored