Draw-Tite Hitch - issue with bumper beam removal?

cdub13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did I mess up? Had U-Haul install my hitch last week and it looks like I ordered the Draw-Tite hitch when I meant to order the Curt. They actually did a really good job with the install and bumper cutout and I see that it took quite a bit more labor (bumper fascia/tailight removal) than it would have with the Curt.

My only hang-up is that the Draw-Tite requires the removal of the Bumper Beam (pictured) since the hitch bolts onto the rear of the frame instead of underneath. Is this going to cause me issues down the line or is this quite common? Would this be a problem for any insurance claims if there was an accident involving the rear end, etc?

I've seen some discussion of the Draw-Tite hitch on here, but not nearly as much as the Curt and I haven't seen the bumper removal brought up.

Ford Bronco Sport Draw-Tite Hitch - issue with bumper beam removal? MicrosoftTeams-image (1)
Sponsored

Campy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
That's the same install as a factory ford hitch. I did a factory hitch on my BS and had to remove the same piece, the new hitch takes the place of it. The install wasn't for the feint of heart having to remove the taillights, bumper cover, wiring etc. In my opinion its better, doesn't hang down so low and mostly hidden behind the fascia.