bscheife

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Heya — every so often, when we lock the car and walk away it honks at us (two quick successive honks). The engine is off, the lights are always on “Auto”, we have both keys with us outside the car. Why is it honking!?
Sponsored

CODIY

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
If you use the fob to lock the doors and press it twice within 3 seconds it will honk at you. Could that be it?

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Should sound "chirps" if left running and door is swung shut and you move out of range, and, if set up, when you lock car with a door not properly shut. Check vehicle settings to see what's activated. If everything is right you may have a sensor telling the computer something's not right when it is. At least that's what it says and the way mine seems to be working.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
Mine does it randomly about once a month. Fob in the center tray. Pull up, shut it off, grab phone, open door, honks twice. Annoying, but happens infrequently enough that I never remember to try and source the reason.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Verify everything thing is set as expected. Mine was beeping at me when exiting for a couple of days. Realized the light switch got turned from automatic to on! 🤦🏻‍♂️

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I would say this is just your proximity sensor going off. Just like with a lot of smart key vehicles, whenever you exit the car with the key in your pocket, the car chirps two-three times to say, "Hey, you're leaving with the key while the engine's on, just thought I'd let you know." It's for safety. Also, if you lock the vehicle with your fob three times, it will leave a feedback chirp to let you know that your vehicle is indeed locked. Also, if you're locking at a far distance, you'll hear your vehicle locking in the form of the chirp.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
Because you left the fob in the car.
Why doesn't it do it everytime then? The fob stays in the car 24/7 unless I go into a store. 8,000 miles and it has done it about four times now.

OP
OP

bscheife

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for all the thoughts but I don’t think it’s any of them. Engine is off, lights are off, and fob is not in the car. And I’m not pressing any buttons when it happens